WU6 is awesome for me so far, anyone happy like me?

Enjoying the update immensely, too. That new pre-caching option is every bit as good as it sounded when it was announced. Ultra setting eliminated pop-ins and stutters for me when moving the camera.

Alps look beautiful with super sharp edges. Satellite imagery can still be improved for some mountains, but overall looked fantastic.

New custom airports look great and show some nice details especially when compared with default.

The only problem I had during the update was the client not seeing an update as available in the MS store. This got fixed by installing the xbox app, opening it, closing it, then going back to the MS store. This triggered the update and everything else was smooth from there.

Had the sim open for 3 hours straight and there were barely any stutters the entire time. The sim has never been smoother or looked better for me. Footage here for those interested in details: Twitch

For me, at least, this update was every bit as smooth as it could have been. I understand mileage varies significantly for some people, though, so I hope Asobo continues refining and fixing those known issues.

5 Likes

I just finished four legs of flight (OIII, OITT, OIFM, OITT, OIII) and had an amazing experience. Good fps with almost everything at ultra. Great LOD and awesome panning transition. By far the best experience I have had with MSFS 2020. Pretty much no issues. A little stuttery on the ground (I use FBW 320). Not sure if it has to do MSFS or FBW and I did experience a pop in and out close to landing. But again this was great. I really wasn’t expecting this much of an improvement. Kudos to Asobo/MSFT team for this update.

Hope the minor issue will get resolved too. Please be careful with SU 6 :wink:

Cheers

2 Likes

I think the POI buildings don’t blend well with the photogrammetry since they are optimized for the generic buildings. (looks like these are from the ORBX Frankfurt City pack). Which raises the question why did they use them at all when they got photogrammetry for the city?

No, best update to date. Ok there were a few MS Store issues, but the update itself is stunning, visuals and performance are stunning… And so far no CTD’s after 2x 2hr flights with the FBW A320 NX.

Great job Asobo/MS

3 Likes

Yeah loving this update. My favourite yet. Switzerland looks incredible.

Rural Germany now looks particularly good. Blackshark AI does a really good job on all the small German towns and villages. There are certain things Blackshark does a good job on and places that have a lot of quite similar architecture are usually done pretty well.

7 Likes

I have to say, this update went really smoothly, with everything behaving basically as it should. I then loaded up a flight from Konstanz (EDTZ), where I lived for a little while and thoroughly enjoyed how great the city and university look from about 1500 ft before heading over to Altenrhein to land. Haven’t explored much further yet (or reintroduced much of my rather bulging community folder), but this little corner of Germany/Switzerland looks pretty good now to me.

2 Likes

Best update ever

1 Like

The addition of the terrain caching option is excellent, no more stuttering when moving left to right and no more pop in. The photogrammetry buildings are visible from much further away which is great. However, I’m still having issues with CTD’s. I have had three CTD’s since the update which is very annoying. Also, there’s still a very noticeable downgrade in the anti-aliasing which was introduced in SU5. This is a big problem. Overall I’m reasonably happy with the update but there’s still a lot of work to be done

This update has been a step in the right direction for me. In VR it’s never seemed so smooth and sharp, still a few niggles but definitely good progress - I joined during WU4 so no prior experience - plenty more flying to do so issues may still arise, who knows.

ATC is still my biggest issue. I’m not experienced enough for VatSim but would still like a decent level of ATC interaction, at the moment it can be sketchy as to whether I hear them or not and that’s a disappointment. When the sim gets like that I adjust the time and weather to something pretty and pretend everything is rosy :grin:

No CTD’S great. What version are you using for the A32 NX dev or exp ?

Unfortunaly I have to confirm this too. I flew yesterday from LOLO (Linz Ost) to LOAG (Krems) and the “Strudengau” and the “Wachau” seem to be really good in terms of DEM, but the orthos seem to be not that great (they are high resolution though): the color seems of and most painful: most of the trees on the slopes are missing because the new orthos do not cacth tem perfectly.
In this case the slighly lower res, but more color accurate old orthos would be much better.

Again the DEM is mindblowingly good :+1:

[Edit]: Ps.: the lack of churches or new building arche types is also a bit disapointing …

3 Likes

I agree with you about brightness in SDR or HDR. Too flashy brightness especially with blue sky… :frowning:

2 Likes

So you are flying ULTRA in VR? And it is smooth?

What specs do you have?

Those look amazing

1 Like

I’ve seen a small increase in FPS with the latest update and I’ve got everything on ULTRA.

Really happy with the latest update

Anything less than 100% render scale in VR and I have no night lighting textures. One step forward, two back as usual.

It seems to work fine and I am really greatful to the developers for putting in all that hard work, but the update and installation process have been a horror, it literally took me hours and that shouldn’t be necessary.

Cheers, Marc

1 Like

sorry about spelling…
here it is tonight!

2 Likes

amd 5600x, rtx 3080, reverb G2. I know it’s almost cheating :s lol

It’s been like that from the beginning, however apart from the monumental screw up with night lighting and render scale, there seem to be more improvements this time around.

I managed to complete an IFR flight without ATC messing me up, even with programming in the approach after ATC assigned me one. (Flying to Tokyo). Of course that’s just one bug solved. The vfr map still crashed on setting arrival, the ND path screen won’t update when zoomed in to 10nm or 20nm scale, only animated further zoomed out, and I had to google the ILS frequency as the MCDU didn’t set it (anymore?) when programming in the approach. But, I could complete the flight, land and taxi to the gate with terminal buildings present (at least in Tokyo).

There is a weird pause now and then, second long stutter, but maybe that’s because the servers were very busy. It was crowded in the air, I almost got hit by multiple planes on short final. (They can’t hit you of course, just looked a bit like a comedy with planes buzzing all around while coming in on an actual approach)

I’ll call it a step in the right direction, assuming the renderscale + nightlighting will be a quick hotfix, should be something simple. Looks like the light ‘overlay’ isn’t scaled with the rest.

2 Likes