WU6 ... lack of vegetation (trees) in Germany (e.g. near Würzburg, Dortmund, Koblenz, Ramstein etc.)

Same here near Dortmund. Lots of trees missing. Ground texture shows forest but no 3D Trees where build.

Horrible.

Try to change graphic settings with NO positive Results…

Andy ideas??

Not really … besides wait for Asobo (or Azure?)

The issue near Koblenz is gone now (at least for the server that I was last connected to).

Think could be a server problem. Waiting till tomorrow and try again

So I took a trip there … and I have the same “lack of” landscape.

Just on the hills right north of Würzburg … and towards the village “Rimpar” I have this “none-forest”:

I then continued towards Nürnberg … and the “deforestation” is basically everywhere.

So I guess we have to wait a little for “nature” to catch up with the WU6 rollout.

On the Rimpar site I also saw something that we have been discussing here:

While this is a “micro-crack” (that blueish line) it has all the features (including the “flying” trees :slight_smile: )

What actually is interesting here is IMHO … Germany typically has very detailed OpenStreetMap data with very good land use tagging. So “detecting” a forest is not that hard in most cases (= does not require an AI checking the sat image).

The same goes for agriculture land use … OSM is a pretty good source. Yet I do see lots of trees growing in the middle of a corn field … and the forest to the right and behind is more or less empty.

It couldn’t be a big deal to say the algorithm set trees when bing map is green :rage:

Before update 6 everything was good. Asobo asobo…

2 Likes

Just conducted test no. 3, and it’s back to usual for me now. All very strange.

I did a flight from EDVK to ETHF today and didn’t see a single tree in areas with forests. They were definitely there before.
Let’s hope it’s just a server problem. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Which setting do you mean exactly with “changing ground textures”?? The Resolution?

1 Like

I’m more worried that I couldn’t find a mountain north of Koblenz

There aren’t any mountains north of Koblenz! There are hills due north and over the Rhine from Koblenz but nothing more dramatic than that.

Flying south of EDVK. No vegetation at all and even the buildings are low quality.
I can’t get the trees back with gaining altitude. On my climb some trees even disappeared.

1 Like

Correct.

I am sorry if my use of the term “mountain” caused confusion.

Just kidding, I wasn’t really confused (Ich weiß, es gibt keinen Unterschied in Deutsch)… and as you can see on my screenshot the trees are still there so maybe you had a loading error

I did create a new issue for that visual artifact …

1 Like

Ok, tried again, nothing has changed. Seem to be not an server problem.

Is anybody fit in open an Bug report to asobo?!?

1 Like

I had the same problem (trees missing) just after the update was ready. Also had a mixed scenario in Frankfurt (some buildings were photogrametry some not). Deletting and reanabling rolling cache fixed that for me. Now everything is fine… :wink:

1 Like

Hey. Problem solved. Since now i click only chache on/off. Now i try to click “delete cache”.

Problem now solved. THANK YOU!!

For what it’s worth, I’m having the same issue on Series X…

Deleting the rolling cache works for me.