X-52 Profile Braking issue

So I did a search and it seems this issue was never resolved? First, amazing update, optimization has me back in and flying. That being said, during my haitus, got an X-52, and the default braking is Button 6. Noticed it wasn’t working correctly. Tried to assign it so a slider I use for IL2, no go. searched the forums, and found this post from way back. X52 button 6 - Self-Service / Peripherals - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Disregarding most of the chatter reference the Logitech software, which we all know is useless G-Hub garbage, I did the initial recommendation and it worked:

“There is a known issue with the X52 driver that prevents the pinkie button (6) from being recognized by windows. I’ve experienced the same issue with Elite Dangerous and FS2020. There is a work around. Before you launch FS2020, hit the windows key and start typing “USB Game Controllers.” You should see the control panel applet in the start menu, launch it. Next, click on Properties. Leave both windows open and launch FS2020 as you would normally. Button 6 should work correctly.”

Worked it seems.

So my question is, does anyone have a better fix? Awesome workaround, but who really wants to do this all the time? It’s a year down the road and this is still and issue? I appreciate the basic profile by the dev in here, but c’mon…braking is pretty much a standard required thing man.

Yes, no need to open the applet. It’s a matter of just making an almost empty profile, changing the latch setting from the default, and making sure that profile is loaded in the the X52 icon in task tray. Not at computer now, but search my ID for details.

Re-read the post in depth, and tried a bunch of combos with garbage Logitech programming software on and off…seems the only thing that works for me is having the system game controller window open for the X-52 Controller Properties at all times, doesn’t seem to matter if the clutch settings there in MFD is Enable or not, as long as it’s open it works. Oh well., they need to fix it either way. Obviously it’s an issue. Thanks though.

I’m not sure if you are referring to my detailed post as the “chatter” in the other thread, but if you read it and actually follow the instructions step by step, you won’t need to keep the window open. The pinkie button is used as a latch in the default profile so won’t be seen as button 6 until you change the profile programming as described. There is no need for any work arounds if you learn to use the programming software rather than dismissing it as garbage.