X Box Series X with Thrustmaster Hotas ONE Sensitivity Settings DO NOT STAY SAVED

I think he said they pushed the date to March 1, 2, or 3. I can’t quite recall the specific date.

Hey wanted more time for this upcoming beta that releases with WU7.

Moved/pushed it March 1 I think.

Hallelujah, that’s great news Moxie! And Swung your comments are spot on, I can get hours of crash free flying (ha, no pun intended), but only about 1 or 2 quick starts before it gets too buggy and needs a full start.

Maybe there’s a different thread for this, but does anyone else have the altitude bug go to -99,000 ft every time you first set it for the AP? I’m using the Xbox controller to set it, has anyone managed to bind T-Flight Hotus buttons for increase/decrease altitude bug on the AP? I’m jealous of the PC guys who get to use the mouse scroll wheel.

David

I don’t have that issue, at all.

If you’re using a Hotas, have you un-bound the flight controls from the Xbox controller?

I’ve essentially, reduced the Xbox controller to a free movement and “mouse” device. It has none of the aircraft controls mapped to it anymore.

I’m wondering if you’re getting a conflict of sorts. I’ve also noted weird behavior if I have my foot on the rudder pedals and am applying rudder when I try to left-stick-click and use the controller as a mouse. The cursor will disappear/blink. I have to take my feet off the pedals to make sure the system isn’t seeing a flight control input at the same time.

Again, I’m feeding you this data, because I’m wondering if some part of that is what you’re experiencing.

I also use the Xbox controller’s triggers (default binding) to increment/decrement inputs such as the various knobs. Sometimes using the stick can be weirder than the triggers.

I got the same issue with Boeing thrustmaster Yoke . …

Ahh really good advice, I’ll try tonight Dixon.

Used to have the same with Xbox controller. Don’t envy Pc for that, just connect a mouse as it makes things easier. Also with Hotas you can bind the bug. Huddison has a good tutorial on YouTube.

Why can’t you use the mouse on Xbox?

A mouse is essential! I saw a youtube video of a guy using the Xbox controller to do everything that a mouse should be used for. It was awful! Get a mouse. Of course, the mouse doesn’t always work correctly as you can lose the cursor sometimes but still… that’s just the way MSFS works or doesn’t.

Brilliant! Thanks guys, just plugged in a mouse, works great! Adding a keyboard next.

I’m ordering the Open Wheeler Keyboard and Mouse Tray Stand with Cup (!!!) Holder right now!

LOL, you should see my set up, Open Wheeler game chair, with TFlight Hotas and throttle, G29 Steering Wheel with pedals and shifter and now soon to have a keyboard/mouse Drink holder! It’s in the middle of the living room right infront of a 60” tv…I set it up when Covid started and my wife said it could stay in the living room “during Covid”…little did she know!

Unfortunately its a MS Flightsim bug

not fixed!

Is it going to take a year to fix this? Two years? Just tell us!

1 Like

You need to wait for SU8 to release on March 1st, I think.

If it still broken after that come out swinging. Until then you’re wasting your energy.

1 Like

:rofl: So true.

I didn’t know there was a target date. My birthday is in March so here’s hoping!

By any chance are you having issues with the hotas one twist vibration? Its a huge manufacturing problem with thrustmaster and I can tell you I’m never going to buy there stuff ever again.

I haven’t had any issues with my HOTAS one. I bought it in October of 2021 and it works well.

1 Like

Bought mine in December. Works great.

There is a YouTube video on this issue, yaw jitters. He takes it apart and cleans pots with alcohol to fix. Repair looks a little fussy but he says it works great.

Yes, I had a problem with one of the controls. In my case, the aileron control could get very noisy especially around the zero-crossing, and that could crop up even if the controls were not moving. I brought it to the attention of customer support but, because I couldn’t find my original receipt, they couldn’t do anything about it. I purchase a second unit from an online supplier and made a point of keeping my purchase records. So far it’s working OK especially after getting rid of the detent in the middle of the throttle movement and firming up the throttle movement.

Still, I would like to try fixing my original unit so I’ll look for the YouTube link.

I tried the Velocity One solution but really prefer a flight stick. Here’s hoping that a better controller will become available soon as the Xbox user group grows.

How did you firm up the throttle, it’s way too loose?