Xbox 787 bouncing before top for decent and blank screens

Started bouncing before top of decent and screens in cockpit went black on approach and when I took control for landing the the plane pitched of to 11 degrees AOA and when I pulled the throttle back it nose dived and crashed I tried to pull up but couldn’t very frustrating after 12 hour flight from Heathrow

1 Like

If the pitch attitude increases to +11deg in any other situation than the climb, it indicates that your speed is way too low.

If you pull the power back in this situation you are making things even worse, the stall protection kicks in and starts lowering the nose to avoid a stall.

1 Like

I was doing 250 knots on approach so I had to slow down

If you are flying 250kts in level flight (or descent) with a pitch attitude of +11deg, it’s an indication that you are using the wrong, legacy flight model.

1 Like

11 is a very steep angle for that. No doubt it’s gonna stall out on you. Pay attention to the AOA indicator on the lower left. That should help you a bit. You can also set the autopilot up to handle all of that for you. ILS will guide you down to the runway smoothly. Hard to trust at first if you’ve never used it all, but it works well. I’m close to 900 hours on that airframe. Love it.

It’s on modern I think but it’s the first time it has happened If you could tell me what flight model to use

1 Like

Always modern. Applies to all default aircraft (and 99% of the add-on aircraft)

Legacy is a definite no go.

edit: Where do you get the AoA readout in the 787?
Just tested. At 250kts at MTOW the pitch attitude is ~ +3°.

1 Like

Modern is what I’d assume the vast majority of people use. It’s what I use. Stick with that.

Question: What were you seeing when that was happening? Was the nose of the plane pitched way up? It should have been at that AOA.

Another little(quite major actually) tidbit is to learn what key your reverse thrust is bound to. You can stop with the wheel brakes only, but you’re gonna cut it close. Good luck. It’ll take some trial and error. You’ll get it.

As for the blank screens, that happened on PC long ago. I assume MS/Asobo will patch it out for Xbox soon.

IRL landing performance is always calculated without reverse thrust (on dry runways) and most of the time only idle reverse is used, especially in Europe.
Hence reverse thrust shouldn’t be a factor.

I’m using the “toggle throttle reverse” command, which is IMO the most realistic way to control reverse thrust.

1 Like

I do the same. I’ve got a button on my HOTAS I’ve bound to that that switches the throttle input to reverse thrust. Just saying that once you’re down on the ground, stopping a 787 takes a little extra. Thanks for the extra knowledge. I always learn something new on here. Happy flying!

1 Like