Xbox - Ability to remove default aircraft and handcrafted scenery and airports in Content Manager

Please make it possible for us to remove Asobo handcrafted airports and scenery from the Content Manager on Xbox, just like on the PC.

It takes up extra space. There can also be issues with third party scenery airports, duplicate buildings etc.

Cheers.

I would like to have an option on Xbox to deinstall handcrafted Airport on Xbox e.g. GOTY LSZH.

Due the fact there is no way to deinstall such packages via Content Manager some addons not usable anymore.

Short Example in my case: I own LSZH from FSDT if install that add-on I see I mix of both airport like twice center lines at runway , twice Jetways at gates and so on. It seems that both Airports are loaded and they somehow overlapping.

I think it would be great if there is such a deinstall / install option in order to decide if user use a handcrafted version which is Part of the core Sim or a owned add-on.

4 Likes

+1 here considering that LSZH by GOTY is suspected to cause CTD on Xbox X

Thats the reason i ask nearly one year ago for the option to deinstall such content e.g. GOTY LSZH via content manager - but still not possible. Seems they are ignoring this request.

LSZH GOTY still not working still Black Screens and / or CTDā€™s :frowning: very annoying - simply to deinstall would be at least a short work around. I even faced CTDā€™s just i pass by area around LSZH midair :frowning:

Airplane removal Hello I would like to know if it is possible to delete original airplanes ( Installed with the game ) and how to do without being asked to make an update afterwards Thank you

1 Like

remove via Content Manager

Yes, use Content Manager, but note that not every plane will uninstall. At least, not when I last tried it; that may have changed now. Donā€™t forget to remove the liveries too.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Brief description of the issue:

Newā€™40th anniversaryā€™ sceneries are not present in the content manager on Xbox. This makes it impossible to remove Kai Tak and Meigs Field from the sim (both airports do not exist anymore). It is possible to remove them through content manager on PC, which is why I think it is a bug on Xbox.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

install the ā€˜40th anniversaryā€™ update on Xbox, go to the content manager and search for Kai Tak or Meigs.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I had made this thread a few days ago, moved it to Bugs Report as we thought it was a bug, but turns out it is working as designed.

After the 40th anniversary update, the sim takes up a huge chunk of internal storage, specially for Series S users such as me. I wish to free up some space by uninstalling some planes Iā€™m not interested in using at the moment.

1 Like

Allow uninstallation of Anniversary Pack on Xbox. I have limited hard drive space on the Series S console and would like to uninstall some unused content to free up space for new updates and other upcoming aircraft. Please allow us this.

2 Likes

This is one of those bugs or issues that just leaves me scratching my head. Why can PC users remove these packages but not Xbox? Many Xbox users may not want fictional/past airports on their sim, which should seem obvious when the update was being considered.

This bug is now actively harming developers who have conflicts with airports like Kai Tek, but it appears the SDK folks are slow rolling this, claiming itā€™s ā€œnot possible,ā€ which doesnā€™t really make sense.

2 Likes

This is one of the things that prevent me from buying a premium deluxe version actually.
I am afraid they will make more fictional stuff and we will be stuck with itā€¦ Iā€™d love to check premium deluxe airports and aircraft, but what if they decide itā€™s a good idea to add more fictional sceneries that we can not disable? I am not going to pay so much for a product that developers can make unusable or broken so easily. Constant bugs (like no live weather right now), impossible to delete fictional sceneries and their very poor communication is what keeps me using the base/game pass version of the sim.

2 Likes

You ought to modify this thread to include allowing us to uninstall any MS/Asobo improved airport, since the base, deluxe and premium editions all included include improved versions that could also clash with purchased 3rd party versions.

Thanks for making this thread!

EDIT:

I need to correct my statement. Iā€™d neglected to remember that deluxe and premium content can be uninstalled individually. However, the base sim content cannot, which is essentially what the 40th Anniversary Edition now is.

3 Likes

Iā€™m an XBox user and have purchased several airports on the marketplace. For the few that overwrite default airports, I know itā€™s recommended to remove them. This is easy for the additional airports added in as part of the Deluxe and Premium additions are they show in Content Manager (KORD, KDEN, EGLL). However for any default airport like KJFK, it doesnā€™t show up there.

I figured this was able to be updated on PC since you can go into the actual folders outside of the sim and remove it. However when playing on my brothers PC, I noticed that all airports and content show up in the Content Manager in the actual sim itself.

Is there a specific reason why the base game airports arenā€™t shown in Content Manager on Xbox? Iā€™ve had way less CTD issues with KORD and EGLL when I removed the defaults vs KJFK (which crashes a lot, albeit I know those issues are being worked on with a fix). So was hoping that might fix the problem if the defaults were available. Thanks.

5 Likes