Xbox/Console Hate is unreal

I know, the extreme elitism in here is disgusting. But there are some genuinely good people here that ive talked with. Others hold back on the hate but you can read between the lines what they think of xbox simmers. I was honestly shocked by the high crybaby factor in here, i expected a mature and adult forum where i could share my enthusiasm and love for this sim. Instead i found drama on the scale of reality shows, pathetic really. I hope they all grow up and get a grip of their emotional outbursts.

9 Likes

Try AVSIM for that but even there some folks are anything but.

4 Likes

I have to agree, SU5 has made this game unplayable. A ton of broken things, I now constantly get CTDs, which before SU5 I had only had one.

Yes, the graphics have taken a huge downgrade!

And yes, I was one of the ones spending thousands of dollars on new hardware and purchased over 60 airports, scenery and planes from the Marketplace.

But, I too feel that I need to take a break for a while a see what become of FS. It really is in need of repairs!

Just way too frustrating at this point and not worth having a heart attack over it.

LOL there is so much more wrong about this game right now other then that 1 issue. I know you want to save the Cariboo and all, and the only thing I was mocking youngster was the fact that when the Xbox people arrived we had 3 ‘save the planet’ sentiment posts that day.

If they are so concerned then they should do what is important and take the 1st step and boycott the game in the name of environmental justice.

1 Like

Of course this was flagged, but it was totally a jest.

1 Like

The sad part is I was the one that liked your post (only one I might add) at least until I saw your attack post on me lol

1 Like

What a lot of PC users seem to have missed us that opening to the Xbox brings many more user base, more people to sell peripherals to. There will be a bigger upside for developers to aim at and that is good for all. Plus it’s more money to MS and ASOBO to continue development.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure about that. Previous sims had little to no online servers, this one uses tons of them, and does so without a subscription relying almost totally on marketplace purchases to generate money.

Without the massive potential customer vase of Xbox and Gamepass I doubt we’d have seen this sim.

2 Likes

This is not intended as Xbox hate but even without Xbox the sim would still have been produced. What this sim is and what it represents to MS is the power of the Azure network and Cloud services. Its a demo for all intents and purposes for people to get used to Azure and that mentality. Why buy a huge hard drive store it on the CLOUD. Why take chance with your Operating System not functioning properly run it on the cloud (MS WIN365) and the list goes on and on and on. LOL

1 Like

This game is absolutely an advertisement for Azure, buy I still doubt we would have the setup we do now. Maybe under a subscription model, who knows :man_shrugging:

It was flagged because you spelled PC Mustard Trace wrong or was it PC custard grace? :rofl:
I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

I am also new and thank you for the like on my first reply :D. curious to know how to post a new topic? I suspect I need to reply to a certain amount before I am allowed to post? Happy Flying!

You can post m, but you need to be browsing a specific category to do it ie. Not be on the homepage.

hmmm ok, I had entered the Community forum and was going to post a question, but I do not see a POST or NEW POST or Create post type of button, ill try again and I thank you :smiley:

99.9% of the flight sim community are decent chaps, but there are also the gatekeepers aka “the real simmers”.
They play nothing else than flight sims, this created a relatively small clique who had a huge influence in the then hip forums like Avsim or flightsim,com on what the community was allowed to talk about, and were personally very pearl-clutchy and stubborn.
This also created this huge ivory tower of arrogance, elitism and “I’m better in flying a virual airplane than you” attitude.
They do not only look down on console gamers they also look down on everybody who has not spend thousands on equipment or is a “filthy casual” PC gamer because he plays other games than flight sims too.

8 Likes

Ah okay, that explains it. The #community forum is a top-level category, a grouping of categories. You need to drill down to the next level, into a category like #community:general-discussion-feedback. Take a look at this guide for more information: Why Can't I Create a Topic? - If you are still stuck send me a PM so we don’t pollute this topic :slight_smile:

Very true, sadly that is the same for most if not all communities.

2 Likes

Wasn’t an attack post, sorry you perceived it as such. My fault.

yes, I found that just after you replied the first time… I read that why can’t I post thing then the system sent me a note that it liked how I read that and I just needed to fill out my profile…so I am good to go and I posted for the first time…thank you so much Nyx!

Depends on the type of game you play I guess, when I went away from WoW and started FFXIV I was seriously surprised about the friendly welcoming FF XIV community which was refreshingly contary to the WoW community.