Xbox controller forgets bindings

It seems that if I turn on the Bluetooth Xbox one controller AFTER FS starts up, it will copy default bindings to my custom profile. Thus I must rebind all of my commands. I’m sure this is some kind of bug. The fix for now is to remember to power on the controller before startup. Very inconvenient to remap, obviously.

As a backup, you could copy your profile and leave it. When your current profile gets overridden, you can make a new copy of the backup profile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you point out the location of the profile? I can’t really find any of the files for this program.

They’re encode in random named files and synced with XBOX cloud.

But I didn’t mean a manual copy. Just copy your profile using the profile buttons

Oh. The controller profile IN the menu. Ok. Got it thanks!

My binds were all just forgotten… So frustrating especially for a supported controller!!!

1 Like

Still having this Issue. Every time the Game Opens up Every Bind is Forgotten. Its very annoying

I have reported it several times now, they last said they would look into it but never came back to me. It is not registered in Known Issues and they don’t seem bothered by it which beggars belief.

I have had to rebind 10 or 20 times before I realised the workaround @Pieter1982NL mentions. I think I am now up to controller 30. What I recommend is Duplicate your controller 50 times or so. Controller 2, Controller 3 etc keep doing it for 10 mins. Now you are safe from accidentally starting the game without the controller on and losing all your bindings.

It is unbelievable especially with a Microsoft controller. I also tried looking for the control mapping file but could never find it, seems to be encoded so you cant even back it up! A bug that has been so frustrating for me and many others.

BTW this also happens with Microsoft USB Xbox controller if you dont turn it on before starting the game.

Just got the sim yesterday and already put off by this massively. FSX could get it right! This cost me €70 ffs! Having to constantly adjust the settings every time is a joke not to mention that the hybrid setting for units of measurement is completely wrong, using mercury instead of hPa for altimeter as well as other readings. This should be fixed by now we’re months in.

The sensitivity gets reset too so when I gently rotate I’m 90 degrees nose up. Maybe if they kept the default mapping from FSX (throttle Y, brakes A), this wouldn’t be as big an ordeal.

Please fix, this is a pain.

-Using XBOX ONE Controller [Wired]