XBOX Feedback and Improvements | OT

Can you add the issue around not being able to fix premium/deluxe aircrafts by user mods. I’ve raised this already on this thread but it’s not been added.

For example the oscillating issue with the Cesena Longitude when getting to the first waypoint.

I think that is a widely known bug since launch. It isn’t unique enough to include in this list and I would imagine mods are probably unrealistic, at this time. They need to let us know what/when they are planning to update many of the default aircraft and that includes on Xbox.

Strange, it basically breaks the plane and stops it from being an enjoyable experience.

It’s a paid aircraft, Xbox users have no way of fixing it.

But on your list you’ve got a known bug with the ATC which has been acknowledged by the dev team

It is very unlikely that they will improve the default aircraft. It would be great if they released the A32NX Flybywire or even paid aircraft like Aerosoft’s CRJ.

I seem to have the death spiral issue if I want to forward to the approach section of the flight.

It doesn’t help either when the time selection appears directly in front of you when infact you really need to have full control of your plane.

Happens 95% of the time.

Yes death spirals are common for me after switching back from drone camera, unpausing, un active pausing or other scenarios where I’ve been doing screengrabs . It’s like the plane stalls. One minute it’s fine in level flight then boom out of control dive. It usually always dives out of control to the left. Sometimes but not often you can recover it.

1 Like

In addition to the CTDs, the mouse is randomly crashing. At least the functioning of the mouse could have been tested before launching the simulator on the console. It’s really frustrating. Outside temperatures during flights are not being measured correctly. Often at more than 30,000 feet the aircraft indicates wrong temperatures like -15c. There are also real-time weather issues. When this option is enabled the standard A320 cannot climb at its optimal ratio for cruising altitude. He literally struggles to climb. The graphics on XSX were much better in the release version. Interestingly, the graphics were downgraded and the simulator became more unstable, with constant and annoying CTDs. I really hope all of this gets fixed in the September 7th update. The operation of the mouse is something extremely basic, which should have been tested BEFORE launching the FS2020 on the XBOX.

Re the mouse, I use a mouse and haven’t seen any loss of functionality with it. I have mine wireless onto same dongle as keyboard on front of XBox X and have had zero issues with it, but I usually switch off the XBox controller as I did see control conflicts previously between a touchpad and the XBox controller which led to inoperability and frame rate plummets and at least one CTD!

1 Like

Yea I don’t think the default aircraft will get any more love than where they currently are. Asobo wants the planes to be flyable by some gamers that have no knowledge of advanced aircraft systems (no offence to the casual simmers lol)

1 Like

I think they have mentioned updating the default planes at somepoint. Let’s hope so.

Same here.

I had problems with my mouse cursor disappearing every flight - then I started turning off the xbox controller and it stopped.

I imagine there is a conflict of some sort.

I have also had the crazy death spirals after using the controller for screenshots.

So for now, no controller = no problems!

Quick question… I tried searching for this but didn’t find it. How in the HELL do you turn off or disable the achievement popups on xbox? I have achievements turned off (or at least they say they are) but when I’m flying it seems like every hour or so my screen darkens pauses and this ■■■■ popup shows up on the screen then I have to back out of it to get back to my flight. Some my like this but I find it IRRITATING & ANNOYING!:rage: TIA! :grinning:

Said this elsewhere too yes death spirals most common after returning from doing screenshots with controller.
Yes, the controller and some “mice” together can be very problematic. I had a small touch pad integrated on a cheap keyboard that ended up causing all kinds of UI issues - fighting for control with the XBox controller cursor, dramatic fps drops and one or two CTDs especially when trying to interact with cockpit dials and switches etc.
Generally I find a mouse easier to use in FS and all other functionality is with Hotas & keyboard (shortcuts). The mouse/controller conflict is why I now leave XBox controller powered down most of the time. I also changed my cheap KB/touch pad combo to a dedicated KB with numpad and separate optical mouse with scroll wheel, both wireless. It’s the best UI experience I’ve had with FS2020 and all very stable.

they are constantly working on the default aircrafts.

i.e. in WU6 the Cirrrus will get some new coding. It’s mentioned in the official news.

I remember one of the last updates they overhauled the Truboprops engines and on another time the C172 and C152 got some updated flight model.

Some of the default planes got ski and float variants a month ago.

Bit by bit they are still working on them and making them better.

I flew the 787 a couple of times in the last days and wondered why people hated it so much as it’s reasoably flyable nowadays. I read they put some new code into that one as well at one point.

2 Likes

I tested this using my Hotas and standard xbox series x wireless controller and found some interesting things.

When I captured using the controller, by pressing the Guide button, followed by the X button I had 2 things happen.

The first thing I could see my air speed lower beyond the stall marker and once resuming the game, after the capture I spiraled in a stall. The second instance resulted in a normal un pause and a stable flight resumed.

I discovered that when I pressed the capture sequence in a rapid manner my plane would stall, I’d imagine time to press was approx 0.25 of a second, and when I slowed the action down, I got no adverse effects and stable flight resumed. Approx time for that sequence was 3 seconds.

Both the Hotas and Series X controller shows that same results for me, I didn’t try the auto capture button on the controller because I just discovered it!

I was doing a low and slow trip around my local mountains and the plane just dropped out of the sky, Give this a whirl and see if it works for you.

I just found last night that on the A320Neo when you pause, jump out to take a screenshot then back in the Autothrottle disengages every time. Engines pick up and suddenly plane starts to speed. You can even audibly hear the throttles pick up. Seems like it’s the small aircraft that go in opposite direction and stall. I couldn’t figure out why it only happened 40-50% of the time, but perhaps your timing finding is key. I certainly vary a lot with my button press timing.

That’s a system level function. Xbox - Settings - Turn off notifications.

Marketplace updates are either missing or significantly behind PC release. The Spitfire is a good example of this. It has been added to the list.

Disappointed nothing was mentioned regarding the Xbox in the latest Thursday update (nothing at all since release, actually). Not a very good look, in my opinion.

1 Like

Hi DarthJ65. Did you find a fix for this problem? Its driving me mad as well. Disabled all notifications in xbox - settings, but still getting the annoying pop-up.
Any help appreciated

Same here, but no change… :rage::roll_eyes: