Xbox has a plane...Kodiak!

Dunno if it helps but when you click fly let the sim settle for 60 seconds or so

1 Like

for me kodiak or not the sim is in the worst state has ever been

from the textures not loading, morphing and bad overall quality to an absurd amount of stuttering and now getting stuck in the start up loading screen and crashing during pre flight loading screen

2 Likes

Mostly it crashes after starting the flight from map. It is before entering the flight itself

2 Likes

ahhā€¦not sure then. When I played it on xbox it loaded in but then id let everything load in whilst I was sitting at the airport

1 Like

Not here @nikthetrip5023. Since last sim update I have close to 0 crashes with any plane expect now the brand new Kodiak. Also only stutters on kodiak when loading into the cockpit.

Did you try to restart your router and check overall quality of your Internet connection? Stuff not loading could be internet connection related

Yes what you mean I have too. Thatā€˜s the stuttering initially when loading into the cockpit.i think there is something with the graphics being to big or something. I have huge load times in the Hangar when switching liverys on this plane too

i just managed to fly it again. It feels so different to other planes. Challenging and very nice.

Now off to some mountain landings !!

I had a problem-free 1 hour flight in the Kodiak straight after getting it earlier today (posted above). Then a little while ago when trying for a second flight I noted that I had two consecutive CTDs (Xbox X) after trying to start a flight at the same location I finished off last time.

I found that restarting the Xbox didnā€™t resolve the CTD but restarting the sim and loading with a different aircraft at a different location worked. After that, the Kodiak loaded just fine at my original airport location and Iā€™ve done another flight without issue.

I do note that with the Kodiak (only), the sim now ā€œhangsā€ for longer on the loading screens. Other than that, ā€œclearing outā€ the memory so to speak by loading a different aircraft/flight entirely cleared the problem for me. Strange, but it worked.

1 Like

is sitting at 1gb so no issues on the internet side

all of that i got it in the last week or so, so pre kodiak

also most of the ctd and stuck im getting are pre flight, canā€™t even get to the menu in a reliable fashion today without getting stuck at loading

not saying that it isnā€™t causing any issues to anyone but for me all of this (stuttering, bad textures, morphing) happened severly in the last days

1 Like

a question about the function. can all levers, buttons, doors, etc. be operated with the controller or do they only work with the mouse? on some aircraft you can only trigger functions with the mouse. see islanders

I havenā€™t yet tested doors or windows with an Xbox controller, but I did try most other things and they were all working.

ah, okay. thanks

That sounds really strange. When I mean internet connection I donā€™t mean speed only also quality. I would alsways do a router restart just to make sure.

Did you reinstall the whole FS ? With such problems I would do it. After that try with no addons first. Then add them. You can also uninstall addons now and see if it helps.

Yes Little Windows Doors are working also Cargo and passengers.

The topo-map now works too for me. After a few restarts it was there

I tried all with controller and itā€™s working

1 Like

I relented and got it.

Couple of CTDā€™s. But, honestly, itā€™s more than worth the outlay of Ā£30. Itā€™s really, really very good indeed. The noise, the attention to detail, the flight model, the level of graphical detail, itā€™s all brilliant, IMO.

2 Likes

i was thinking to do that, was a bit lazy since itā€™s a huge pain to reinstall it all but i guess no other options left

You can still try to remove latest updates or addons but in the end you got a 1GB connection that shouldnā€™t take to long.

Did you change options lately ? Maybe check them. The data section maybe.

Try turning off online services in data, leave it for a minute then turn it back on again.

Yes you can use the controller like a mouse and click or move everything

2 Likes

And it keeps crashing and crashing. Crash in loading screen before flight stillā€¦.

1 Like