XBox Little Navmaps

Brand new Xbox simmer here. Bought primarily for MSFS. First impressions are wow what a great game. I was a little disappointed to find out how limited XBox is with regards to peripherals. Not that the Hotas One is a terrible stick but why can’t I plug a Warthog in my Xbox if I so choose?
Also, and apologies if this has been asked and answered but I did spend some time searching and did not really find an answer. I understand that Little Navmaps cannot be used with Xbox and this is extremely disappointing. It seems like an invaluable resource for planning routes and being able to monitor progress in real time on a completely separate screen. Is there any kind of Xbox substitute that I am just not aware of? If not I am wondering why Xbox users aren’t more up in arms about this? Or is my lack of flying experience just over stating the value of this feature?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or recommendations. Glad to be aboard.

2 Likes

Nothing available for the Xbox community at the moment.

You’re limited to what is available in the Marketplace and that’s about it.

You’re not the first, seems allot of people grab an XBOX thinking it’s a cost effective way to get into the SIM (and it is) but fail to research all its limitations.

1 Like

You cannot use any peripheral you want on XBox (or Playstation) because Microsoft (or Sony) requests a security chip in the peripheral. Keyboard and mouse don’t need this security chip (at least on XBox).

Silly, I know, but that is as it is.
The company I work for has to put this chip in every device we want to be able to be used on XBox.

Your question about LNM:
Yes, it’s a pitty that FS-2020 on XBox is not able to send Data via UDP to any PC!
A standard in the sim-racing-community for years (wher I come from and where my home is).
Will we see something similar in FS-2020 sometime in the future?
When the X-Box community is loud enough, maybe. But I have my doubts.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply.
Is there a technical hurdle to this security chip I wonder? I’m assuming the switch from “PC to XBox” on the Thrustmaster Hotas One must be accomplishing a version of enabling this security chip? If I’m Thrustmaster or any other third party vendor am I not providing this on as many of my peripherals as possible in order to open up more of my products to Xbox users? :person_shrugging:
Really too bad about Little NavMaps also. Again this just doesn’t seem like something that would be that difficult to make happen but what do I know. Thanks again. Cheers.

1 Like

Sort of. I knew pc was the way to go to do flight sim right i just couldn’t afford to spend that much on it. I didn’t know it was this limiting though. Hopefully if enough Xboxers start playing MSFS it will start to attract more 3rd party interest. Maybe? Or I’ll have to start saving up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It has nothing to do with interest.

It has to do with the XBOX being a closed platform.

With WASM support supposedly coming in SU12 (it’s been coming for quite a few releases now) it will open the door a crack.

3 Likes