Xbox Marketplace DLC purchases not available on PC Steam?

why are Xbox Marketplace DLC purchases not available on my PC Steam version of MFS?

obviously, it doesn’t make sense to pay for DLC content twice - to have it available on both platforms…

purchased the basic Reno Expansion pack on Xbox & it is not available on my PC using MFS Steam version…

1 Like

It should be!

Is this your issue?

As a Play Anywhere game, if you have Flight Simulator on Xbox (game pass or purchase), you have it on PC on Windows Store.
So, uninstall your Steam version, Install your Xbox version and enjoy with your dlc purchase.

1 Like

You don’t need to uninstall.
You can have it on as many devices as you want.
The caveat is, you can’t log into the sim more than once at the same time.

unfortunately, this is not a solution…

I have made the majority of my PC purchases for the Steam version from storefronts of Orbx, Contrail, Aerosoft - not the Marketplace…

many $hundreds dollars of addons are not available to install on my new Xbox,

my main point is that Xbox Marketplace purchases are not made available for my PC Steam version,

I now believe this is current MS policy,

if so, I think this is short-sighted policy…

have opened a ticket with Zendesk.

All your purchase from storefronts of Orbx & co can be use with Windows Store version. Simply install your dlc on the correct directory:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_RANDOM\LocalCache\Packages\Community 

On Xbox you will have only Marketplace purchase, but on PC with Windows Store version you will have Marketplace + other storefront purchase.

So, I repeat, uninstall your Steam version and install Windows Store version ^^

NOT a solution for me,

I deliberately use Steam for a better user experience on PC - like many others do,

for one thing, it has a better directory & file structure…

Faq is clear: crossbuy is only with Windows version and Marketplace purchase.

If you don’t want to use MS ecosystem, the best advice is to sell your Xbox…

with respect, I’m very happy - extremely so - with my new Xbox,

also, I’m extremely happy with MFS Steam on my PC - & have used it since initial release - Day 1,

the option is to run with very few extra purchased addons into the future - to be super careful with any new buying decisions….

This might be a stupid question but… You are logged in using the exact same Microsoft/Xbox account on both your Xbox and the PC Steam version right?

sensible question,

yes, all logged in with the same Xbox gamertag,

which is why if I purchase on Xbox Marketplace - like I did with Reno expansion - I would hope that it would be available on my Steam version via Marketplace crossbuy…

Wait, did you buy it on the Xbox marketplace? or the Marketplace inside MSFS?

purchased Reno expansion on the Xbox from the Marketplace within MFS,

I purchased flight simulator deluxe edition pre-release on steam and also purchased the reno package.

with the xbox cloud I would like to be able to use Reno and all the addons I purchased on the marketplace and are compatible with xbox, it makes no sense for me to have to buy twice if both versions are logged into the same microsoft account.

unfortunately I don’t think they will allow it.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019301400-Steam-I-played-with-Game-Pass-the-Microsoft-Store-version-and-moved-on-to-Steam- where-is-my-additional-content-

For all games, on Xbox Cloud it’s always Xbox version.
So for MSFS, you only have DLC purchase from Marketplace of Windows Store or Xbox version.
You won’t have Steam purchase neither other store (Orbx Central…) neither community mod.
If you want MS ecosystem advantage, you must use MS ecosystem.

Other “detail” that isn’t in the news: for using Xcloud, you must have Game Pass Ultimate. If you just buy Flight Simulator on Windows Store but don’t have Game Pass Ultimate, you don’t have access to Xcloud.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.