How often does the Xbox Marketplace update?

And that’s saying something, the market does a good enough job of insulting itself :smiley:

1 Like

Did you try with full flaps and max power?

I would only think about buying CS or bredok on xbox for real world liveries and that’s the only reason otherwise their both pretty horrible from my experiences on pc, although CS does a better job at fooling the average player.

Does the autopilot work properly (LNAV/VNAV) does the FMC work at a basic (default) level? Have they updated the flight model so it doesn’t feel so heavy like you’re flying the default 787 (bredok) or 747 (CS), what about the sounds have they updated the sounds? I know CS had 747 sounds not the 777. Does CS have animations for the doors yet?

I just want pmdg boeing planes or even Fenix a320 or a320nx or even CRJ, but I’m not sure any will release on xbox anytime soon…

Even if Xbox releases real world liveries for default aircraft on the marketplace that would at least keep me entertained for a bit

2 Likes

The CRJ “It needs some serious tweaking to make the input compatible with the Xbox. No full schedule on that yet, it is a good deal of work.”

Fenix won’t release on xbox
[Source: FAQ on their Discord server]

A32NX doesn’t show any sign to return, on the marketplace is too hard to push regular updates as they can with their own installer (according to them).

I’ve asked on the PMDG forum whether the 737 will be released for Xbox. No answer yet

2 Likes

Could I ask any experienced users for a quick review of either the F14/15 on the marketplace?

1 Like

Just be aware

The max still has some minor gripes but at least they are fixing things. They added wing flex amongst other things recently. Its probably the best you are getting with commercial liveries at the moment on xbox.

I’m enjoying it. Quite fun. No major issues and most buttons work as intended.

Thanks for this, really helpful.

1 Like

Do look around online for reviews - multiple - before buying aircraft especially airliners.

Captain Sim’s 777 is literally a 747 with the 3D model of a 777 on the exterior instead. You already have the airplane since it flies the exact same as the default 747. So unless you have money to spend and just want nice screenshots of a “different” plane, just yeah. Look up what you’re buying first lol.

That said, don’t let others make your purchase decisions, but know what you’re getting first so you’re at least informed.

Cheers

4 Likes

Just curious what’s wrong with reddit? I don’t really use it either but sometimes I end up reading reviews on it just by hitting links like these…

1 Like

Fenix won’t release on xbox, because it out of game software to help run it, which is currently not possible to implement on xbox (and probably won’t ever be).

1 Like

Are you talking about scripts?

Never say never. They will go where the money is.

2 Likes

Did this with the current night lighting bug yesterday :smiley: Pretty tough aircraft to trim nicely but other than that

F14 is awesome. Very impressed. Now going to purchase the F15 as well. Seen that I also had an update for the spitfire… did they finally address the ability to open and close door and cockpit on xbox. I almost never start from runway but from parking so I can taxi but when I purchased the spitfire weeks ago, noticed I didn’t have the ability to close the door or canopy. However starting from the runway, door and canopy would already be closed.

Nah don’t think so. Also engine management still borked.

Can redline it as much as you want with no effect.

1 Like

Yuck… won’t be getting back in that one anytime soon

Yep, hopefully other devs will prefer ditching some functions in order to fully rely on the game instead of using outside executables, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t. If you charge €100s for a plane, a “that doesn’t work because the sim doesn’t support it yet” doesn’t cut it.

We’ll see what PDMG does with their 737. Probabily it won’t have weather radar if it has to be fully within the sim.

Both this, together with the fact that I presume not many Xbox player are the kind of hardcore simmer that spends €100 for a “study level” add-ons the pros of not having to deal with the MP/Xbox limitations far outweight a few missed sales opportunities, and might even result in more PC players buying it because it ends up being a better product

1 Like

The opening and closing of doors seems to be bogged Ona few aircraft since wu6.

The islander doesn’t work now, the 777 doesn’t either