Xbox Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot access online mode

I cannot sign into Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my Xbox. I get the error message: “Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again.”

I changed my Microsoft account password this afternoon. I signed into my account when I turned on my Xbox. I’ve also signed in again to the Xbox app on both my phone and my computer. I have also signed in to the Microsoft store app on my computer, all with the same account. I also signed in here just fine, so yes, my Microsoft account access is hale and hearty.

It isn’t entirely accurate to say that I cannot sign in. The flight sim shows my avatar at the top right as usual, and my purchased aircraft are in the hanger. The problem is that it will only let me play offline. I am assuming it is because of the error message telling me that I am not signed in, even though I seem to be in every other respect on the Xbox.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how did you solve the problem? Any help offered would be appreciated.

I figured it out. I have 2 Xboxes at home. The Series S is marked as the “home” Xbox, so that my son can use it. I normally play on the Series X. I had to sign in to the Series S again, before I could make Microsoft Flight Simulator work properly, even though it wasn’t even installed on the Series S. I had completely forgotten about that. All is well once again.

I hope that anyone experiencing the same problem will understand what I did to fix the problem. Just sign in again to both machines.