Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Any news about this going to be fixed??

Thanks, I didnā€™t know it was you who paid me for the game. I said thank you very much

Hi Brice I think youā€™re the only one who hasnā€™t given up. They flatly ignore the question now when I see you asking on streams

And thatā€™s because the answer hasnā€™t changed.

They are aware and ā€œworkingā€ on it.

Are they ignoring it though? I am pretty sure this was mentioned explicitly in the most recent Q and A as one of the memory related issues they are working to resolve following the recent stability beta.

1 Like

Q&a given us little bit info video is on YouTube

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re. Yesterday after landing i had 3 times black screen and they came back to normal the 3 times. Obviously this is not how it should work but i like that theyā€™re slowly working on fixing this.
(Iā€™m using SU10 beta)

2 Likes

Not seen that happen before. Usually once theyā€™re black - thatā€™s it gone.

Good video.

Hi, Series S here and I have black screens on Airbus a320 neo / Boeing 737 Max. Everytime I try.
From Xcloud I find the same problem.
Sometimes even CTDā€¦
Yesterday I played fine, no problems at all. Today is nightmareā€¦

1 Like

Is there any update on whether sim update 10 will fix, improve or worsen this issue?

I did try and find it. Anyone beta testing.

It looked like it had been fixed last week, until last night when I approached LFPG, and my screens went blank forcing an emergency landing.

Tried taking off from LFPG black screens on take off, but once clear the screens came back.

Iā€™ve not experienced any crashes to desktop when encountering this.

1 Like

LFPG is one of the worst handcrafted airports regarding this bug. Once flights can be conducted to and from here without issue, everywhere else will probably be fine too.

Until then itā€™s impossible to do a routine CDG-LHR 45 min hop in the A320 Neo and I wonā€™t even bother trying (even with photogrammetry turned off).

2 Likes

Yes yes yes. Iā€™ve been dealing with this for a long time now. Please, MSFS, patch this please

2 Likes

I have only recently purchased a series X to run fs2020 only. Has been okā€™ish, not the best with various faults from blanks avionic displays mid flight to CTD and even loss of control if I leave the console for a prolonged period of time.
However I updated my Velocity one over the weekend and initially no issues. Started things up today and the unit CTD everytime I enter a cockpit from a pre planned flight. Seems ok doing doing a flying lesson on C152.

Currently reloading the software fully

2 Likes

I have followed this thread for a long time.

I am having a hard time in the US with VFR. I did some cross continent VFR in Eastern and Southern Europe with the Beech 18. As soon as I hit World Update Italy I had the black avionics and missing textures.

Has anyone ever tried to uninstall all world updates?

FYI:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-update-release-notes-1-27-18-0-september-6th-2022/541153

2 Likes

Tried this twice w. new build: flight from Strasbourg (stock) to Stuttgart (bespoke airport): before the update I got the CTD while requesting taxi to gates in Stuttgart, with the new build I get the CTD already in Strasbourg during pushback :cry:

2 Likes

Same here ctds every build

Im still getting black screens on my avionics with all types of aircraft ( getting fed up) So Iā€™m very pleased to have joined your " Stability Test" to find out what the problem is.

1 Like

I canā€™t spawn at, take off at, land at, anything at KDFW. Iā€™m in the beta. However itā€™s been like this even before the beta and these past few sim updates for the longest. CTD galore, KDFW Is a no go. Itā€™s an Asobo handcrafted airport. What gives -Xbox series x

1 Like

Not on the beta, but formerly not having issues with black screens.

Suddenly both my S and X consoleā€™s Iā€™m getting black screens when spawning at stand and starting all the avioncs from scratch.

Literally have changed nothing and suddenly getting this issue arise on last four straight attempts.

Itā€™s such an annoying bug thatā€™s been persisting for too long. Doesnā€™t look like SU10 is gonna fix it ā€¦

Maybe 2023 or 2024 will see a fix ā€¦

2 Likes