Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Most games the content is heavily controlled by the developers. The situation where 3rd parties can provide arbitrarily complex content for xbox games is unusual.

1 Like

Would agree with you Ragingwombat.

However the vanilla version also suffers the black screen issue, and CTD.

3 Likes

Yes sadly it does. They definitely have much work to do in this area.

1 Like

Oh the irony. Gave it one last try before deleting and it worked beautifully 320 from Newcastle to Luton.

Weather looked amazing, super smooth. Perfect

Decided Iā€™ll not uninstall.

Next flight. Very next flight. Black screens from spawn. LOL!!!
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream::rofl:

3 Likes

Hi just mentioning that yesterday ihad started both engings on the MS a320 neo and on turning the centre from start back to the middle position, i saw the avinoic panels go to black and about 2-3 seconds come back on again one at a time??? Has anbody seen that happening switching switches before?

1 Like

Yep had that a couple of times but no problems with the instruments lately. On the other hand many CTDs so flights might not have been long enough to expose the screen blanking problem.

Same issue for everyone still ongoing? Iā€™m developing a nervous tick over this issue.

If it happened ALL the time I could accept it, or if certain flights at a payware airport, or flights over 3 hours caused it. I could work around it.

But it is for me anyway, totally random.

I wonder if this issue involves their server and some kind of data packet loss to the Xbox causing the issue. Then again if that was the case PC users would have that issue too.

Just will have to live with it and hope future optimizations fix it further.

2 Likes

I been suffering from CTDā€™s alot to be point that iā€™ve raged and stopped playing the game.

Currently on a flight to New Zealand, 20 hours in and no issues yet, everything is smooth no lagging which I have seen before.

I have had it crash on final approach and taxing so lets see:

Streaming right now:

1 Like

Missed the stream sorry. .and how was it?
Was that X or S? Successful completion?

So my observations have been that my S gets less CTD but more black screens than the Xā€¦

The X is more reliable overall with only a few CTD.

Whatever theyā€™ve done in SU10 dare I say itā€™s smoother in terms of frame rates while panning around fast, or flying in high data density areas I.e.NYCā€¦and less issues overall on the Xā€¦

Black screens for me has got worse on the Sā€¦

If it wasnā€™t for the fact that I donā€™t enjoy flying sat at a PC, and all the extra maintenanceā€¦ Iā€™d have uninstalled it from both consoleā€™s.

1 Like

No issues Iā€™m on Series X, no issue on landing and going to gates.

No stutters or frame rate drops.

Quite chuffed tbh

Currently on a 16 hour flight to Dubai, to see how it gets on.

Then Iā€™ll be reinstalling my add ONS to see if those cause any issues.

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing UniffitedNoise ā€¦ glad to hear that. ā€¦

I definitely concur the X is way betterā€¦ not tried a long flight on there yet.

S is still too unreliableā€¦ fingers crossed future updates will get that working alsoā€¦

Iā€™m using a series s and I already completed more than 500hrs in long haul flights without CTD or stutters. So is not the console itself

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Just to give all of you a quick update on this, the developers are still actively working on this crash. The recent Xbox-only telemetry beta provided an immense amount of data for the devs to analyze. While SU10 brought some improvements to stability, we know this is not fully resolved yet. Thank you for your continued patience as the team works to fix this issue.

MSFS Team

18 Likes

SU10 didnā€™t improve stability, it improved PERFORMANCE, and by a huge amount.

For me on personally, flying only airliners, stability is less compared to all of the SU10 Beta builds. More CTDā€™s. So I have no idea whyā€¦ On XSX.

But itā€™s very good to hear this is still being worked on.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Really appreciate the update and the effort thatā€™s going into solving this :+1:.

1 Like

Still a regular issue for me, hopefully Microsoft will have a fix soon, spoils the game for me

Hello,. So dare I say it. Dare I say it. Some reliability.

Itā€™s been a week or so of flying short hops 1-2 hours max, mostly in the A320 just with Bredokd skin+sound pack and Iā€™ve had No Black screens on either S or X. .add-on Airportā€™s EGGW and Seattle and Dubai landmarks packs.

I had one CTD on the X right after parking at the gate after a 1 hour flight. S has been solid again for me.

Hope others are seeing some improvement.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna do some flying tonight, and test it out. I havenā€™t played the game in a couple weeks now. Iā€™ll let you all know how it goes.

1 Like

Sim update beta testing for Sim update 11 is working on this issue if you sow the release beta testing notes

1 Like