Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

If this is server related in someway as some days are better then others. We are not going to have a good time over Christmas with all the new Xbox being opened servers will struggle

Hello all! Frustrisingā€¦ Every day i try to fly B787, B747 or A319, A320 or A321ā€¦ ctdā€™s, black screen or when i fly airbus map screen stucks and i canā€™t change map range. Today i fly from anchorage to new York kjfk, and when i was near the DECEL point sim Crash To desktopā€¦ SurprisinglyšŸ˜…

1 Like

Ctd while landing ybbn from nzwn photography and multilayer in live weather

Vecc airport wonā€™t let me load it 5 ctds back to back now 12/11 /22 ctds every single time loaded up at the gates but no ctds at the runways

Had the same issue last night on a night flight. But mine was a totally shutdown. engines everythingā€¦ shortly i was down to the oceanā€¦

Do you guys think this will ever be fixed in the near future? As I am thinking of investing into a joystick for christmas?

I donā€™t think they will fix this any time soon so I divert to stock and bespoke airports as CTDs are very seldom on airports that are smaller in filesize.

1 Like

Seems to me there struggling to find a balance on Xbox lod gfx Vs stability with wasm on the horizon and study aircraft I think itā€™s going to take time with optimization

1 Like

The bug has been inwork for a considerable period of time. I think it isnā€™t yet fully understood as a bug and no solution is on horizon to fix it permanently.

With all the other changes taking place, the fact most players are using add-onsā€¦

Just have to live with it.

I donā€™t believe it is unplayable for anyone.

Just certainly it is annoying on certain routes.

Thatā€™s the problem: ā€œtheyā€ donā€™t see it as a bug because they donā€™t use the same, native Xbox environments to test and see for themselves. If we could show one or two of the key developers how bad it is they would be more active in fixing I figure.

There is zero desire to do that ā€¦or else itā€™d have been done ā€¦the Sim essentially works also. That doesnā€™t help. If it was broken itā€™d have gotten attention.

I think they are working hard at it but probably not full-time - and maybe see it at a low priority, since most users are happy.

I think getting it onto console was a mission statementā€¦a great achievementā€¦and itā€™s done.

Longer term weā€™ll need new consolesā€¦ I think development is reaching the limit of capabilitiesā€¦

This came up on the Live Q&A ā€¦the Asobo guy said we are not there yet. But I bet we are close.

2 Likes

Unfortunately and according to several articles Iā€™ve read Microsoft assumes that there will be no new Xbox for at least the next 4ā€¦5 years.

3 Likes

Must be alot more to come. In fact it isnā€™t sheer processing grunt these days.

Thereā€™s smarter ways of processing data and optimisation thatā€™ll probably stretch the life of the S/Xā€¦

Will it be enough for MSFS weā€™ll need to wait an see

UPDATE:. By the way recently Iā€™ve been manually turning off the first officerā€™s screens and so far (5 plus flightā€™s had no black screens nor CTD)ā€¦
Maybe coincidenceā€¦that was on the Xbox X

3 Likes

Have you tried on complex airports that already ctd ?

Sadly I own only 3 or 4 add-on airports,. Luton EGGW being the most detailedā€¦

That being said I was getting black screen and CTD flying into it quite regularly.

Itā€™s now 6 from 6 so far.

Used A320 and LVFR A319ā€¦

What do you mean by this ?

Still all ctd ?

I use also lvfr a319

Try to fly without live weather i had no iuess landing in katl

Sorry 6 perfect flights

Tried on LFLL 3rd party addon, ctd obviouslyā€¦

Is there any hope for this topic be fixed?

1 Like