Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Is any of you experiencing CTD using higher than normal sim rate? Ive noticed that speeding up the game is the main reason for CTDs. With normal sim rate everything is fine and I very rarely get CTD on XSX.

I seldom use higher sim rate (ā€œr +ā€ and ā€œr -ā€) and didnā€™t experience any CTDs at all during that phase. CTDs happen often on large (filesize wise) 3rd airportā€™s. (Xbox Series X)

2 Likes

Just starting happening to me starting Dec 19 th. Both times Airbus A310. First time shortly after takeoff, the second time near the approach phase. Not only does it CTD, but also kicks me completely out of Xbox and have to restart it up. Xbox xseies X. The second time was a flight from Bordeaux to Paris(degaulle). Route entered with the world map but entered into the fms with simbrief. Been playing on Xbox series X since day one. I never had the screen go black prior to yesterday. SU 11 had fixed almost all of the CTD that were occurring. Not sure why this is happening now.

Bit of good news on my end. Series S, A310 with a livery pack; was able to do a 5 hour flight from KSFO to PHTO with no issues. Screens went black on the ground then quickly flickered back on. Wouldnā€™t have thought a 5 hour flight was possible.

2 Likes

What do you mean? CTD on Windows means a crash to desktop and specifically the PC and itā€™s OS keep going but the one application (fs2020 in our case) stopped. So I used this in a similar way on Xbox even though the one app (fs2020) crashes to the XBox ā€œstartā€ screen instead of the ā€œdesktopā€ screen, still leaving the XBox OS running. Or did I misunderstood you about that it ā€œkicked you outā€? :thinking:

1 Like

Same but I have good and bad days I think itā€™s a server issue if you have lots of 3rd party airports installed seems to be worse.

My screen went dark, my Xbox power light went off and I had to press the main button on my controller to restart my Xbox. This happened two days in a row, both while flying the A310.

Autsch. That seems serious. I didnā€™t experience that so far. Just the CTDs.

1 Like

Usually CTD in terms of Xbox means kicked back to home screen where your menus and carousel is.

Never heard of a game shutting down the whole Xbox to power off. Hope it isnā€™t a new issue coming upā€¦

Iā€™ve been away from Flight Sim a few weeks after Thanksgiving an Christmasā€¦ despite investing quite a bit of money into the deluxe version the hotas stick and TurtleBeach yokeā€¦plus loads of add-ons ā€¦

Iā€™m REALLY not even keen to fire it up again after seeing all the posts in the bugs section.

Itā€™s the only game that gets away with this kind of thing. Canā€™t think of any other game genre where itā€™s in some ways always a compromise due to bugs and yet weā€™re told ā€œwell it worksā€ā€¦ just not that bit. LOLā€¦

Or worse yet buying an add-on via THEIR marketplace that then is all OUR responsibility. LOL!!!

Software shouldnā€™t be treated differently than a real world sale.

Imagine buying a new car ā€¦going to same dealer to buy a new featureā€¦ and the dealer saying well it isnā€™t my fault if the car now doesnā€™t work. And no you canā€™t have your money back. Some of the car still works though. No issue.

Third party add-ons via marketplace should work with no detriment to core sim, or not be sold by MSā€¦ via the Marketplace.

Under Sales laws (in most of the world) it wouldnā€™t be allowed except for the exclusion for S/W and Appsā€¦ This loophole needs closing for sure ā€¦along with refund rights for software purchases.

Rant over. Mods will delete it no doubt lol.

9 Likes

The last few days on series x Iā€™m unable to fly any of the Airbus aircraft including stock A320 Neo, A310 and the new LVFR A318 as getting black screens normally shortly after setting up flight plan etc and ready for pushback. They come back on and no CTD but it wipes out the MCDU and my flight plan. I am on live time and live weather and this is out of Manchester 3rd party add on. I will try from a stock airport but is anybody else having such problems or has any advice please?

2 Likes

Any hope for Xbox. Can do long distance. Flights?

Ive done a few long distance flights past few days 4+ hours in the 787 no issues

1 Like

Iā€™ve done several 2h flights in A310 and previously have done 5h flights in the A320.

2 Likes

Two flights completed in the 747 of more than 5 hours duration. Initial indications are that the latest beta build is the best performing yet in terms of stability on Series X :+1:.

6 Likes

All quiet on the western front. Lol

Still see folks commenting this on other threads must still be happening.

I guess itā€™s live with it.

I like it to be quiet. Itā€™s a sign that things are under control, more or lessšŸ‘

1 Like

True or folks have just given up.lol

I need to start flying again. Literally havenā€™t touched It for months.

Glad to read some folks are problem free.

4 Likes

The stability of the beta really is fantastic for me on Series X. Just completed another 10+ hour flight in the 747 from Madrid to Cape Town - no performance hiccups or black screens. If the stability of the beta carries through to the release version, I think folks are going to be very pleased.

4 Likes

It really is magnificent. Canā€™t think of any other words how to describe itšŸ‘

3 Likes

on Beta , thatā€™s a great improvement with stability issue

i manage to land previous ctd airports now without.

textures visual quality is standable but has to be improved a little bit to close that main file

2 Likes