Xbox Pilots: Which WASM Aircraft are You Most Looking Forward to Seeing on Xbox?

Cessna 310 and Bae 146 for me

2 Likes

Im sure many ppl on xbox will ask this question.
Is the pmdg 737 worth the money If you compare it with the free a310 from inibuild.

The pmdg 737 is very expensive, it has still no efb and the reviews on YouTube are not so outstanding like the fenix a320

My personal aircraft is the ATR from Hans Hartmann, it should come late April.

So back to my question how does the pmdg 737 against a310 inibuilds??

1 Like

I would like to have a B757 and B767 for the xbox.

1 Like

Not a plane exactly but two very nice add ons from //42.
It’s campout utility and skypark (mission addon)

3 Likes

I have the 737-700. I bought it just this past weekend and it is an incredible model with deep systems modeling. It is, easily, the most impressive sim aircraft I’ve ever experienced.

The detailing of the artwork is sublime. There are subtleties here that I keep finding and every time I do, they make me smile and shake my head at the same time. I love this sort of attention to detail.

The modeling of the passenger, cargo and BBJ are all clearly different and the volume of options you can set for each of them is just kind of crazy.

There are nerd-out cool elements, too. You can call black, tinted-windowed, executive-level SUVs to deliver your passengers for boarding the BBJ. You can call for a maintenance truck to perform maintenance. You can call for the potable water truck or the cabin cleaning crew. There are individual models for cargo handling that are specific to the passenger, cargo and BBJ variants. This sort of detail doesn’t exist in other models that I’ve seen.

Its flight systems are exactly as they are in the B737 Flight Crew Operations Manual — even down to the various optional equipment configurations.

The A310 is awesome and totally great, but don’t forget that Microsoft subsidized it for us and, if they hadn’t, it would not have been an inexpensive aircraft to purchase. It’s not entirely fair to compare them on the pricing, because of this.

I see zero reason to feel frustrated that PMDG hasn’t gotten their “UFT”, as they call it, done yet. They will. For that I have zero doubt. There is a ton of functionality in their systems menus within the FMC that do not hinder setting up and configuring this airplane, at all.

My only regret here is waiting as long as I did to pull the trigger on it. My hesitation was waiting on WASM. I recognize that I bought it, without knowing when it will be on Xbox, but I’ve waited this long for the DC-6 to return that waiting however long for the 737 to be released for Xbox will be no big deal.

8 Likes

Not to shoot down your expectations, but if you are talking about the fenix a320, not sure if it will ever come to xbox, not unless they remove their dependency on external application for most aircraft systems logic. I don’t think Ms will allow running arbitrary applications on xbox even with the wasm update.

737 will most possibly arrive soonish. But then again, it’s PMDG. We were supposed to get the EFB some time in 2022, and now we are already a quarter in 2023. Not complaining though, because even without a EFB, it’s a very nice plane.

2 Likes

Its already been confirmed fenix wont come to xbox
 and yes PMDG should come but i cant see it being anytime soon

A fast business jet that isn’t the CJ4, preferably one that uses the recently updated avionics.

1 Like

A320 fenix which will probably never happen😒. other than that time to start saving for the pmdg 737. but really anything study level like the analogue bonanza would be nice

3 Likes

Is there any fast business jet that isn’t cj4 or longitude available for MSFS? BBJs don’t count.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the Hawk T1 and the DC-6. I’m also hoping that we might have access to the mods, such as the mods for the DC-3 and DHC-2. I might be waiting for a long time for that.

Problem with mods is, unless it’s hosted by MS in their marketplace, it won’t be available for Xbox. And another problem is licensing which is the reason FlyByWire left the marketplace. Marketplace actually had Fbw a32nx for a while.

Well there you go. I thought I might have to wait a long time for mods!

But the upcoming scenery gateway (or whatever they end up calling it) is hopefully a good thing.

Funny, we have some questionable quality aircraft on the Marketplace and are they licensed? Great license on these. License to do ugly.

Yeah actually I meant Fenix like 320. Also I have read that they won’t plan it for Xbox. Yet maybe an other developer may try cuz there’s a demand for “study level” airliners on Xbox.

I really don’t know about EFB. Is it like the one on 310? Or with the maps? Cuz i think maps vise it’s not possible.

Also I am thinking this trust situation may and soon and competition may begin. ( At least in every 5 years there should be a new agreement due to competition law)

I didn’t mean that kind of licence. I meant some mods are open sourced with a restrictive license like GPL which Microsoft won’t touch for proprietary products. Some opensource licenses are a bit more permissive which may be accepted by Microsoft.

Not sure if FSLabs will bring theirs to Xbox, but given their attitude towards MSFS so far, i would be very surprised if they do.

EFBs can have maps, depending on what kind of APIs they are using. I am saying this because Hjet integrated navigraph charts which is a 3rd party service. So EFBs can access a map service like OSM if they like. I think Just Flight 146 EFB already does that. Or they can display the MSFS vfr map as well, many aircraft have done that too.

I think the development QnA on tuesday will tell us alot more with regards to wasm planes coming

Yes, your placement makes sense. Something can be modified, to allow more freeware. I believe the folks at Microsoft should be listening to our requests to mediate this. I always think about news. Maybe we will have good news throughout this year! It’s just getting started.