Xbox Pilots: Which WASM Aircraft are You Most Looking Forward to Seeing on Xbox?

The PMDG is definitely worth it if you enjoy Boeings. It’s got excellent system depth, failures and maintenance are simulated etc. EFB will be coming, how it’ll work on Xbox I don’t know. What I can say is I’ve hardly flown anything else since I got the 737-800. The amount of configuration you can do is a lot of fun too. Plus having things happen like you overcook the brakes or burst the tires on landing and now your plane doesn’t move properly definitely adds something to the experience.

As far as I know there are no failures in the A310, so the PMDG has more depth there. They’re both very good add ons, but I just prefer the 737. Plus, if you don’t care about real world operations and routes, the 737-600 is very well priced for such an indepth model. Great way to try out a high class add on.

5 Likes

I think for a start, DC6, CRJ, maybe the twin otter, AN225 and ATR will be available. And A310 is also a WASM plane which already runs on Xbox. So Xbox users will get some descent planes from the get go. But after that it will probably be a bit of a wait as developers will have to do a full qa cycle on xbox too. And if they need to add some xbox specific tweaks or release Xbox specific “lite” versions for whatever reason, then that will take even more time.

1 Like

Yes, as much as I hate PMDGs overpromise and underdeliver tactics, the 737 is still a very enjoyable plane, in some respect even better than the fenix a320. It’s failure options and airframe options are great features.

1 Like

The PMDG forum are full of sarcastic a holes trust me with very little answers from the developers i cant see much support coming to the xbox side from them

I meant navigraph maps and after buying Hjet I subscribed to navigraph for a month and it’s really fun and helpful for me. But if I am not wrong after WT became the part of msfs thats not working anymore.

you mean like pc elitists looking down on console peasants? the console market is huge so i dont see them wasting such an opportunity to make profits but who knows😆

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a very unfortunate side effect of using the new G3009 unit which is very good compared to the old one, but being a official package, won’t be able to use navigraph without some sort of service level agreement between MS and Navigraph. But if navigraph release a mod for G3000 to add back charts which they promised, may be the Marwan can add that functionality back to Hjet for xbox too.

1 Like

I totally agree that the new unit is amazing. Let’s see if and when it’ll be back. Btw one more time congrats and thanks to Mr. Marwan for showed us it’s possible to integrate moving maps into Xbox.

I am sure he’s capable of adding more if there’s not legal restrictions…

I won’t say everyone is like that. I am not a member there, but i lurk around from time to time. Some are more like a bit snobbish sometimes. They have this really ridiculous rule about signing every post with your real name that everyone memes around (it’s memeworthy in this day). But some are helpful too if you ask politely. But Robert (head of PMDG) knows the market and acknowledges that Xbox is a big platform for them to miss. So they are not against bringing a product to Xbox, but post sales support, only time can tell how that will be. On PC side, it’s quite so so till this date.

2 Likes

Yes but all news and what was weekly announcements have stopped from robert (lets hope its because they are working on bringing the 737 to xbox) will also be intresting to see how they will manage with liveries because its been confirmed by PMDG they wont allow 3rd partys to release them for their aircraft

That biweekly announcement thingy never really took off. For the first one or two months it was regular, but after that it became very irregular. That’s exactly what I meant by overpromise and underdeliver in comment earlier. They just shouldn’t do so many promises and focus on delivering good products, then people won’t complain so much even if it’s missing a feature or two.

1 Like

I don’t know, really. I haven’t paid much attention to aircraft releases since Xbox isn’t getting much of those.

The F22 looks great

I’m really looking forward to the Hawk T1, F-22, Corsair and the Osprey hopefully all come not long after SU12 :crossed_fingers:

Don’t hold your breathe it’s probably not gonna work properly or not at all

HPG’s H135/145 and the Osprey.

The Osprey is confirmed for a “targeted” release on the 23rd.

4 Likes

I’ve had a quick scout about and not found anything, but I wondered if it would be good to have an idea of the aircraft we’re expecting on Xbox soon after or on the release of SU12?

I stumbled upon Miltech’s V-22 announcement, and just wondered if any other developers were aware that their products may be launching imminently too

Edit: of course, the An-225 too

It’s pretty odd. There has been nothing, that I’ve seen, from any developer about the pending WASM Xbox release. It’s as though they are all under some sort of NDA and cannot speak about it.

It’s honestly really weird. No hype, no excitement, no nothing.

I’m guessing the An-225 has pretty much always been ready for release for SU12, so there’s that.

Looking at the key frames for the PC-6 and Osprey & Osprey bundles on this week’s Marketplace releases, it would seem like someone took those keyframe shots from an internal release of the sim where those aircraft/bundles were active on the Marketplace.

Whether or not they will be turned on for sale next week is unknown.

There is no recent mention of Xbox on the Milviz PC-6 thread.

2 Likes

I agree little news from any other developers ive reached out to pmdg and from a post today it seems that they have tested the 737 on xbox and the plane itself will be exactly the same as the PC version which is a promising sign… but nothing about a release

2 Likes

Agreed, PMDG has been the only developer I’ve seen with anything close to saying they have an Xbox ready aircraft. The weird thing is all I’ve seen is them talking about the 737 and xbox? What about the DC-6, that was sort of the catalyst for the whole wasm build/release anyway? I’m a big DC-6 fan, that’s my number 1 wanted aircraft at the moment.

(they could have mentioned the DC-6 and maybe I didn’t see it. I don’t spend a ton of time on their fourms)

4 Likes