Xbox Series X- HOTAS One Issues

#xbox need to sort this out fast! The map it of the Hotas doesn’t work correctly and when you try and map it yourself for things like spoilers and reverse thrust, nothing! Frustrated!!

1 Like

Check out the YouTube link above, it fixed the mapping issues for me and have it all mapped out how I want now. The only issue is having to reset sensitivity every time I restart the game.
I also experience the big after praising or taking a screen grab.

1 Like

I watched Huddison’s videos at the weekend for mapping buttons and using the hat switch to pan around (set the drone up the same way). The only buttons I can’t get to work independently are X and A on the throttle. Have you managed to set those up differently without it being a conflict?

Yes, by manually selecting A in the dropdown-menu (one in the list is the correct one, A is listed twice) when assigning and assigning X via button press (which results in B2 AFAIR). If you assign both via pressing the buttons both result in being detected as B2. The strange thing is though: B (which I have solely assigned to parking brake) moves also the external view a bit each time it’s pressed without such an assignment.

1 Like

Hi,

We all known that the mapping/settings were wrong, and sensitivity not stored, but I’ve found another issue with this peripheral:

I’ve tried to create a “personnal” setting, by cloning the default model.
And some actions are not available in my new set, while existing in the default.

Fun: when cloning the default model, the BRAKE KEY is not copied ! and there is no way to configure it in the new “personnal” set.

In “default” model, the BRAKE can be configured as key (and also two independant axis, and another key for parking):

Here, we have a key for brake, and another for parking.

In the cloned “personnel” model… the BRAKE KEY doesn’t exist ! :confused:

Only the axis and the parking brake (key) can be configured.
Where is my BRAKE key ???

Welcome to the beta-tester club :rage:

Blockquote

2 Likes

Finally got a reply from MSFS regarding the Hotas problems (It took a week for them to reply, better late than never) - Here’s what they had to say

Hi Craig,

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

Please see the KNOWN ISSUES (Last update: July 29, 2021)

PERIPHERALS/CONTROLS

• Syncing customized controller mappings from a PC build to console may cause the controller to become unresponsive other than the B button.

• Workaround:
      • Select the Default controller profile in your PC settings and sync the updated settings to the Console. Go to Manage Game > Saved Date > Delete Your Profile
      • Use an external mouse attached directly to the console to update to the Default controller profile and then customize as needed.
  • User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up

• Workarounds:
      • Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
      • Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
      • Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode “OFF”.
  • Xbox players using the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS One: Mappings on the Controls screen does not match the labeling of the buttons and axes on the peripheral.

• Workaround:
      • Though what you see on the screen is incorrect, if you make an assignment through scanning it will be accurate. Do not use the drop-down to create your mapping.

We apologize for the inconvenience while the team is working on fixing the problem.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

2 Likes

The workaround on Xbox doesn’t work completely, you can’t associate all the buttons, some are recognised with the same setting.

1 Like

Yep. I’ll give MS credit for finally responding but their workarounds don’t work… Huddison on Youtube has the best solutions for now. I still say the fix for this should’ve been sorted by now.

1 Like

Just set the filter to “all” and you can assign a key to brake. I guess you accidentally deleted the assignment because if I clone the default profile the key stays assigned to brake.

Have we got eta on fix, my Hotas keeps resetting sensitivity everytime I boot the game.

Nice of them for them to finally acknowledge the issue.

Currently all the “Official” Xbox support peripherals have some pretty glaring bugs/glitches and compatibility issues, it’s really shame that Microsoft’s biggest launch of the year so far couldn’t even go as far as to test the peripherals to make sure they actually work with the game before they start advertising and selling the peripherals to consumers from their storefront.

You guys are lucky though, at least they’ve committed to fixing this. I just spent $400 on the Razer Turret (the official keyboard and mouse combo for Xbox flight sim, as MS so claims), just to find out it’s missing some pretty essential keys for controlling and flying the aircraft (mainly the numpad, as it’s a TKL keyboard).

At least you guys finally got a response out of them, I’m not stuck with a $400 paperweight with no word from Asobo or Microsoft, but hey at least the mouse works!

What a joke.

3 Likes

Hey buddy… You’re right, it is a joke. Five minutes of someone’s time testing could have indicated these issues pre-launch and how easy in the context of the resources thrown at this sim to have sorted the peripherals? This isn’t some easily missed nuance. I literally watched Jorg Neumann (head of MSFS) on Youtube spouting hyperbole about how the Hotas was fully supported and ready to play with at launch, as well as other controllers. He just seems like a Peter Molyneux level Walter Mitty character to me now.

1 Like

No, it’s even more fun than that…

To be sure that the bug was not related to internationalization, I’ve changed the language to “EN-US”, then look at my “PERSONNEL” set:

Nice! I can see the “BRAKES” key here. :slightly_smiling_face:

So, I switched back to language “FR-FR”:

Hey, what a surprise! now the “BRAKES” key is visible. :astonished:

I didn’t change anything to the PERSONNEL set.
So, this mean that something is wrongly initialized, and the first time (when your simulator is not in EN-US language) this option is badly displayed.

There is also something strange to notice:
When switched to “FR-FR” language, the BRAKES (FREINS) option is at the top of the list.
When switched to “EN-US”, this option is at bottom of the list.
Why this difference ? the list is not sorted, so there is no reason for this option to change of place.

It look very unstable, and very weird if the keys are displayed randomly.

2 Likes

Interesting find, thank you!
One thing you will notice with the assigned parking brake button: It will also move the view one step or fluid if pressed when using external camera though there is no such assignment (it does activate/deactivate the parking brake the same time with each press). This is really totally f… up :wink:

It is called the Xbox Breakaway Cable.

Like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fosmon-Replacement-Microsoft-Controllers-Controller/dp/B009I0VK2U/ref=asc_df_B009I0VK2U/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310568533429&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16607826486106558242&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045999&hvtargid=pla-492366371959&psc=1

2 Likes

Please vote for hotas mapping issue here:

If you’re brand new, you earn votes by reading posts while logged in. Specifically, you need to:

• Enter 5 topics
  • Read 5 posts
  • Spend at least 15 minutes reading posts
3 Likes

The problem extends to not permit to save the sensitivities of the HOTAS when finally found a proper setting on sensitivities of their stick and pedals axis, if close the simulator when reopen you lose the adjustments, please fix this guys.

6 Likes

A quick hack to save your Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One Flight Stick on Xbox Series S/X, if you use the ‘Quick Resume’ feature you will not need to keep changing your stick settings in the controls panel.

1 Like

Has anyone tried selecting pc mode instead of xbox? The reason i ask is no matter which i select it works fine on both xbox and pc?

Pc mode doesn’t work with my hotas on Xbox.