Xbox Series X- HOTAS One Issues

Hi, have you managed to resolve this issue, I’m having the same problems, as an example F2 is meant to deploy the landing gear but it doesn’t work, any help please?

Hey NobbyNockers… It’s a case of waiting for the patch, right now…Sadly. MSFS/Asobo/Thrustmaster have royally screwed this up and they don’t seem in any particular rush to sort it… And why would they? They have our cash now, after all.
Huddison on Youtube has a superb video to get it in some semblance of playability. Here is the link…
https://youtu.be/Lf4y_Ke_iKo

3 Likes

The button mess I could live with for now, it’s the losing of sensitivity settings that’s an absolute kicker.

Can’t believe the fix to that wasn’t included in the hotfix they released.

1 Like

The whole debacle is an embarrassment for MS/Asobo. They’ve had enough time to hotfix this and haven’t. It’s just typical of the industry IMO and we are treated like idiots.

1 Like

Same issues here. Bummer. Fingers crossed we get a fix soon.

Please use the XBOX tag when making topics about XBOX .

Discovered a new HOTAS One related bug that causes loss of aircraft control. Would be good if others could confirm. It concerns taking screen grabs (pressing Xbox logo button then [Y] to screen grab) then [B] button to go back to flying. Sometimes screen grabs work ok but about 30-40% of the time taking one causes the plane I’m flying in steady level flight to suddenly completely lose control and dive to left/spiral out of control and usually end up crashing into the ground. I tried detaching the HOTAS One and just using the XBox controller to fly with and screen grabs work fine with no loss of control. The loss of control only happens with HOTAS One plugged in, and it seems to happen irrespective of whether the screen grab is initialted on the HOTAS One or the XBox controller. It also does not seem to matter whether Flight Assistant is active or not, loss of control happens either way. Very frustrating and putting me off screen grabbing!

1 Like

This also happens when you pause the game and then go back to the game

2 Likes

With HotasOne or just in general? Perhaps it’s ‘paused’ when a screen grab gets done. Its not every time though and only with HOTAS One plugged in.

No ideaif it happens without it but it sure does with since I also use the stick

1 Like

Just found another ‘HOTAS’ XBox related bug this morning. Give this a try -

Have HOTAS One plugged in but sitting doing nothing with no buttons pressed and stick neutral.
Then use XBox controller to launch the std M/S supplied discovery flight to Rio de Janero, click ‘Fly’ then start the flight with XBox controller and watch elevator ‘trim’ quickly/steadily creep to -100% which then causes the plane to downward spiral & crash.

Try this again but with HOTAS One unplugged and just using the XBox controller and everything is fine with trim and flight.

UPDATE: This problem has gone away after FS2020 CTD and I re-launched. Perhaps we all need to do a close program and re-launch once in a while to smooth quirks out.

1 Like

#xbox need to sort this out fast! The map it of the Hotas doesn’t work correctly and when you try and map it yourself for things like spoilers and reverse thrust, nothing! Frustrated!!

1 Like

Check out the YouTube link above, it fixed the mapping issues for me and have it all mapped out how I want now. The only issue is having to reset sensitivity every time I restart the game.
I also experience the big after praising or taking a screen grab.

1 Like

I watched Huddison’s videos at the weekend for mapping buttons and using the hat switch to pan around (set the drone up the same way). The only buttons I can’t get to work independently are X and A on the throttle. Have you managed to set those up differently without it being a conflict?

Yes, by manually selecting A in the dropdown-menu (one in the list is the correct one, A is listed twice) when assigning and assigning X via button press (which results in B2 AFAIR). If you assign both via pressing the buttons both result in being detected as B2. The strange thing is though: B (which I have solely assigned to parking brake) moves also the external view a bit each time it’s pressed without such an assignment.

1 Like

Hi,

We all known that the mapping/settings were wrong, and sensitivity not stored, but I’ve found another issue with this peripheral:

I’ve tried to create a “personnal” setting, by cloning the default model.
And some actions are not available in my new set, while existing in the default.

Fun: when cloning the default model, the BRAKE KEY is not copied ! and there is no way to configure it in the new “personnal” set.

In “default” model, the BRAKE can be configured as key (and also two independant axis, and another key for parking):

Here, we have a key for brake, and another for parking.

In the cloned “personnel” model… the BRAKE KEY doesn’t exist ! :confused:

Only the axis and the parking brake (key) can be configured.
Where is my BRAKE key ???

Welcome to the beta-tester club :rage:

Blockquote

2 Likes

Finally got a reply from MSFS regarding the Hotas problems (It took a week for them to reply, better late than never) - Here’s what they had to say

Hi Craig,

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

Please see the KNOWN ISSUES (Last update: July 29, 2021)

PERIPHERALS/CONTROLS

• Syncing customized controller mappings from a PC build to console may cause the controller to become unresponsive other than the B button.

• Workaround:
      • Select the Default controller profile in your PC settings and sync the updated settings to the Console. Go to Manage Game > Saved Date > Delete Your Profile
      • Use an external mouse attached directly to the console to update to the Default controller profile and then customize as needed.
  • User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up

• Workarounds:
      • Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
      • Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
      • Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode “OFF”.
  • Xbox players using the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS One: Mappings on the Controls screen does not match the labeling of the buttons and axes on the peripheral.

• Workaround:
      • Though what you see on the screen is incorrect, if you make an assignment through scanning it will be accurate. Do not use the drop-down to create your mapping.

We apologize for the inconvenience while the team is working on fixing the problem.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

2 Likes

The workaround on Xbox doesn’t work completely, you can’t associate all the buttons, some are recognised with the same setting.

1 Like

Yep. I’ll give MS credit for finally responding but their workarounds don’t work… Huddison on Youtube has the best solutions for now. I still say the fix for this should’ve been sorted by now.

1 Like

Just set the filter to “all” and you can assign a key to brake. I guess you accidentally deleted the assignment because if I clone the default profile the key stays assigned to brake.