Xbox update today (3 Nov) killed MSFS Start up! No action what so ever!

You can play with windows defender and real-time protection - on.

In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy/paste to powershell window

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe”

(right click to paste into powershell window)

and press enter

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.47.2002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServices.exe"

and press enter

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.47.2002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServicesNet.exe"

and press enter

Run game.

1 Like

solved here, thanks man

I tried this method, still unable to start the sim.
Thanks for the idea though.

Your’re welcome. You can play with real-time protection - on :slight_smile:
Try my solution mate.

1 Like

Unchecking it and rechecking it worked for me. Next time I launched MSFS, I got the firewall popup and that seems to have sorted it.

Don’t work for me
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe”
Add-MpPreference : Une erreur générale qui n’est pas couverte par un code d’erreur plus spécifique s’est produite.
Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1

• Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Micr …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_MpPreference:root\Microsoft\...FT_MpPreference) [Add-MpPreference],
     CimException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x800106ba,Add-MpPreference

Add-MpPreference : Failed to modify preferences.
Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1

• Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Micr …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_MpPreference:root\Microsoft\...FT_MpPreference) [Add-MpPreference],
     CimException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x800106ba,Add-MpPreference

That means windows defender services is disabled on your PC because another anti-virus is installed.

thank you much, worked for me.

1 Like

solved it thx, after starting the firewall message poped up, to let the MSFS exe through

1 Like

Seems to be fixed (at least for me) by MS with the latest Gamin Services update (version 2.47.6001.0).
No need anymore to exclude these EXE files within Windows Security, works as before.

After being busy for 3 to 4 days, both at work and decorating at home, tonight I tried to launch the sim after previously have no problems, but the Launcher was dead, after reading some possible fixes and trying them to no avail, I tried one that worked… the turn off real time protection in windows defender and it worked.

No need.
Open microsoft store and update gaming services app.

1 Like

That worked as well, it’s better than turning off real time protection, thanks for sharing.

1 Like