Xbox users, Welcome Aboard!

Hi, not wishing to split the community here, however can we have an Xbox only section here to post issues etc? I do not wish to trawl through a million PC related posts to find tips and answers etc.

Thank you.

3 Likes

It’s a “downer” because we invested over $100 in a HOTAS that is designed for the console we are using. It is not functioning correctly at the moment despite bring advertised as a “plug-n-play” device. There’s no reason why we should have to use a workaround when the game is advertised as supporting the T.Flight HOTAS One.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally agree with you on that, I hope the person or persons responsible for peripherals at the site are getting there butt kicked. Such an oversight considering it was marketed or at least spoken about compatability ‘right out of the box’ in the Q and As with them.

Being a console player We have always had 2nd rate releases from tiny indy Devs to AAA Devs, so it’s really not at all a supprise to me.

With all that said though I’m still very please to even be able to use a sim of this scale with every noted peripheral on somthing as simple as my home console :sunglasses: Still think it’s an amazing feat, with minor setbacks.

1 Like

Yeah mine shows as standard but in downloads it shows that I have purchased and downloaded the deluxe/premium edition. Odd.

Hey team, I’m having a pretty major issue with the games controls. I purchased the official Keyboard and Mouse combo for the Xbox console (the Razer Turret), however it doesn’t work with the game due to the fact it doesn’t have a numpad, which is required for practically all aspects of controlling the aircraft. It’s strange, because this product was listed on the Xbox website as an official accessory for flight sim, yet it doesn’t work out of the box, and now I have to buy an additional peripheral just to use the K&M when it should just work as is out of the box.

Sorry to hear @AvengeElChapo that the razer does not work, had no idea it did not have a nun pad. I did pick up a $20 full-size z so K&M from Amazon and it’s working well along with the controller.

1 Like

I think the system would break on the number of links😀

Yeah, the worst part about it is that it was listed as an “Official” accessory for MSFS on the Xbox website, and the “go-to” K&M combo to use on the console, along with some of the other flight sticks they recommend. I figured a K&M was the way to go, that way I could easily interact with all the knobs and buttons on the aircraft, and would purchase a Yolk at a later date once more of the options are available (as most of the Yolks for the Xbox won’t be available for purchase till fall 2021), so this would lean me over until then.

This is a massive oversight, and I really don’t want to have to purchase another device like the Razer Tartarus (wireless numpad) as well as a USB hub since all my ports are now used up on the console. It baffles me that this isn’t stated on the Xbox website before I spent almost $400 Canadian on the set. It’s now just an expensive paperweight :frowning:

I’m an Xbox player, so I’d hope if Xbox is advertising it for the console, it should just plug and play and work without a major issue such as this. It’s disappointing.

Need clarification on Marketplace. Are there duplicate airports, aircraft etc. available for purchase? For example if I purchase the airport “KMIA Miami International Airport” LVFR could there be a duplicate for this airport either at time of purchase or in the future by another 3rd party? How do I know if I already own these airports possibly by another creator? I purchased the premium deluxe version and don’t see any airport as owned when looking through the marketplace and filtering for airports.

The premium deluxe airports don’t show up in the marketplace since those are first-party items built by Asobo as part of the core game you purchased. Just like the planes from the premium deluxe or deluxe edition don’t show in the marketplace.

Yes, there can be duplicates - a third party developer can absolutely build a new version of an airport that you already own, and if you buy it, it will overwrite the default. You could even buy two or more of the same airport from different developers if you like, though I wouldn’t recommend that.

You kinda have to keep track of what you own - there is a marketplace tab that shows you that. It’s not going to warn you if you try to buy an airport that you already own - “You already own KMIA from FSDteamteam, are you sure you want to buy FlyTampas KMIA”… that’s not going to happen.

1 Like

Perfect explanation. That’s exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.

1 Like

It would be nice if the “ already own” would say on by default once set as at the moment it default is off. The “my platform” is on by default so this can be done. That would be an easy change that I think would be useful, but I am only one voice, on an Xbox. So that’s a -ve :grinning:

1 Like

LOVING the FS on XBOX! best I have ever seen! I thought X-planee was good, but now I am in heaven!! My only issue is when in External View, when I pan around and then stop panning, it goes back to looking at the plane forward…the first few days it would stay where I left the pan…(at least I thought). did I toggle something that is causing this?

1 Like

What am I doing to where I can never get high altitude flights? I always get like 10,000-12000 … one time I was allowed up to 40,000 … and why does it keep telling me to get to 12,000 ft when I’m already there

Just started getting a problem with cessna 172,i have all assists off when i turn on panel screens in cockpit only the left one comes on properly.If i dont taxi its already on,yesterday it was fine ,any ideas thanks.

Could be the POV reset in camera settings, under chase camera. Set it to manual.

1 Like

Are the avionics master switches on?

I think that is it, ill give it a whirl, thank you!

im not sure, ill be back in the game in a bit but your suggestion of the POV Reset is it, I seem to remember being in that section…

Screens turn to black on the Xbox series s for me on the airliners . Sometimes right away sometimes a few hours into flight .