XBox Users. What addons have you downloaded and do you rate them?

Currently not :pensive:

1 Like

They’re worth the wait, trust me.

3 Likes

see what happens later…

I got the Origami EGKK which looks great, but it’s such a memory eater. Unfortunately it’s the only airport where I ever got a black screen with the 787. Poorly optimised is my guess.

2 Likes

Im not a massive fan of Justsim, however i did pick up Stuttgart and its a lovely airport especially with the Bosch buildings in behind, looks mint.

Bought all three Roman Designs Canadian airports, Ottawa and Toronto Buttonville and Brampton, all three are excellent and well worth the money.

Im getting a PC in the coming weeks and ill probably end up playing on that instead or maybe flipping from one to another, but I’m glad i can just redownload everything!

As a side note, I’ve found the Latin VR airports to be the best value for money. The terminals themselves are always well done and are usually bundled with scenery and landmarks.

Madrid has landmarks (stadiums, skyscrapers, palaces, museums) and a lovely airport
Barcelona has lovely airport and landmarks (stadiums, cathedrals, tall buildings, museums, fair, port cranes and ships
Miami int and Fort Lauderdale great airports and downtown Miami improvements like bridges, cruise liners, skyscrapers and ports
Sand Diego has a great airport and downtown San Diego buildings, stadium and hotels and marina bundled.

Also they are always on good sales. Well good!

1 Like

For me:

• EA-7 Edgley Optica → great large interior view (as a copter) for tourism / bushtrip, but not particularly pleasant otherwise

• Junkers JU-52 → it seems to me that it will soon be updated (take off too easy), so no opinion

• PA34T Seneca V → just purchase, no opinion yet

• WYMF5 → one of my favorite plane. Delicate take off, but pleasant once in flight

• Tokyo Landmarks Enhanced → as in photogrammetry now, only if you love city and want it in its best possible show

• Landmarks London City Pack → as for Tokyo, in photogrammetry now, only if you love city and want it in its best possible show

• Enhanced Airport Graphics → a simply and great update for ALL airport. A must buy

• Fall N & Spring S Season → great update for vegetation, more real and more varied in color. Very difficult to fly without after testing it, a scenery changer in my opinion.

• Spring N & Fall S Season → same as previous, great update for vegetation, more real and more varied in color. Very difficult to fly without after testing it, a scenery changer in my opinion.

Seasons have only one default: for switch you must uninstall/install in content manager.

In my opinion 3 must buy on Xbox:
Enhanced Airport Graphics
Fall N & Spring S Season
Spring N & Fall S Season
They are not expensive (less than $40 for the 3) and greatly improve the whole game (world level).

3 Likes

i joined the club with first add on being the Enhanced airport graphics , very happy with that.
then the las vegas airport/city bundle, in ms2004 i ended up flying a lot out of henderson. also then had a couple of visits to vegas and grand canyon, so keeps me happy.
landmarks london city park, even though the regular scenery was good enough being a brit was worth it.
got the switzerland mesh on sale but been too side tracked to try it out yet, so no comment.
d.c. designs F14 A/B which is a blast. finding it a challenge to land, had it spinning and recovered , also found out about compressor stall. fast and fun, great planes.
unfortunately mscenery A10. sounds great but very poor cockpit and textures. this plane was a regular round here in 80s and 90s and after the enjoyment of first getting it been disappointed with it. luckily had an £8 voucher off microsoft which i burnt on the A10 , but in my opinion the mscenery should be freeware. Woulb love an A5 but wont be touching theirs.
brought the MB-339 trainer to help me with my tomcat flying, fun plane. great visibity out of the cockpit.
Ju-52 because why not. fun to fly and sight see , great detail. hopefully some 1930`s paint jobs turn up in the future.
and the Mark 9 spitfire. sounds great, looks great, blast to fly, cockpit is well done cant fault it

1 Like

Hi!

Using the Xbox for the sim, I’m a little desperate over the amount of choices there. A decent commercial turboprop or the CRJ would be greatly appreciated.
However, I’ve purchased my first ever addon using the sale.

Carenado Piper 28R Arrow III

Not being a professional pilot, I can still tell you the difference imho is huge to the default planes.
The overall handling of it feels more heavy, the flight models feels pretty good. You can feel how the small piper is struggling to get enough power for further climbing above 10.000ft. I’ve heared some people complain about the rather generic sound, but I have to say for me it’s also a step forward to the standard planes. There are some nice gimmicks with the doors and ground equipment, you will not see on the standard Xbox planes. The autopilot is a bit rudimentary but gets the job done.

On the downside there is an option for the GTN750. However on the Xbox there is no support for this as it is not in the marketplace. You start each flight with that as default looking at nothing on the dashboard and forces you to change it manually to the supported GNS430. I’ll also have to say, that 25€ is a lot of money for it, however on sale with 30% off I do not regret having choosen it.

1 Like

Just wondering… There is no possibility to get real world livery to a standard Aircraft on Xbox right? I mean like for a320neo or for 747?

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no way currently…

The 737 MAX comes with Southwest and the 777 comes with some.

I see some AI having these on ADD ON airports.

the fun is finding the differences and the vices of each aircraft

1 Like

You should be clear that the more expensive of the 2 777s comes with some liveries.

The cheaper one was supposed to be a free update with cabin interior but was packaged separately out of greed and only comes with that ugly gray livery with Captain Sim’s name tattooed all over it. The description says free liveries are available but that is only for PC. False advertising? - I’ll let you decide…

2 Likes

I might get Miami. I went there and I like the four runways…

San Diego has that Aircraft Carrier, MIDWAY

I landed on it…

2 Likes

Yeah bad form that, really bad.

add to my list the top rudder 103 ultralight. wanted something to go low and slow and this my first microlight. thought it would be easy to handle and be forgiving in the stall, i was wrong. not much warn when lift is lost and can snap. great fun to fly though and slowly getting the hang of it. was also very windy round the uk yesterday which didnt help. definitely different.

2 Likes

What exactly is the point of purchasing airports? From what I’ve seen the airports that are purchasable are already in the game. So what?.. the purchasable airport of the same just has enhancements?

1 Like

must admit im happy with default scenery mostly, but did get las vegas and london packs. checked out default chicago and new york and they are fine for me. more interested in new planes

1 Like

It’s about being fully emerged in the realism that is available. Of course it’s about budget and what you are looking to get out of the sim. I agree that the default scenery has improved to a reasonable representation of reality but just not quite there. Once you start adding scenery from developers like ORBYX, FlyTampa, FSDreamTeam, UK2000 to name, in my view some of the better developers and it really does become a very real experience. I have been fortunate and have flown on many flight decks around the world and the scenery coupled with realistic weather makes for a very real experience. Just need some better aircraft to enjoy it that little bit more. I do love the way the Marketplace is slowly being populated, frustrating that it isn’t as quick on Xbox as it is for PC, but I do think we are getting there.

1 Like