XBOX version and add-on capability?

Hi everyone,

Hope I’m not doubling (apologies in advance - I did use the search function and could not find a discussion focused on this) - but I was wondering if anything was announced regarding the XBOX version of MSFS and it’s ability to use add-ons and/or user submitted content.

For example - AI real-world flight plans, real-world Liveries for AI aircraft, Passenger add-ons (such as self loading cargo addon), aircraft models, etc…

I’ve never used the XBOX marketplace before so I am unsure if they have an add-on section where popular add-ons from the PC version are available or something like the steam workshop. I’m aware that many companies make paid updates and modifications for MSFS and I’m thinking it would be great business for them to tap into the XBOX market of FS.

I’m considering purchasing an XBOX (Series S specifically) for the first time as my PC is over 10 years old (and I am lucky enough to have a PS5 for my 4K gaming).

Just thinking before I invest my money as I’m hoping the MSFS version on XBOX won’t simply be a Vanilla/base version with no customization or upgradable options.

Thanks again.

1 Like

there will be paid content , there might be also user content, but not sure about that yet, anyway , not everything you can do on pc will be doable on console.

1 Like

This is an important aspect of a flight sim aimed at a community of users. Not all of them will wish to purchase more add-ons, after all, there is a limit to how much money can and should be spent on a gaming / simulation hobby. Also there are many ‘embryonic’ utility/scenery/aircraft developers who are more than happy to donate for free their work, as can be seen in the PC world - will the Xbox X/S be similar?

1 Like

maybe ready my post above it wont be similar.
console is a closed system, less is possible there.

Based on the latest Dev Q&A it sounded like everything on the marketplace will have the possibility to be on Xbox, but in the end it’s up to the developers.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct - the consoles are “closed” systems.

However, there is a precedence that XBOX has allowed mods in the past. Skyrim and Fallout 4 comes to mind - where many of the PC mods were ported to the XBOX ecosystem on a XBOX controlled and managed (through Bethesda) mod manager.

That’s what I’m hoping for.

3 Likes

Absolutely. That is the beauty of a flight sim.

A career mode, for instance, would be great as I love simming the life of a pilot. There are many options on PC due to the modifications available, am hoping some of these (and others you have mentioned above) would be available.

Also, I’ve seen a lot of discussion regarding people labelling many XBOX owners as “gamers” and not necessarily “simmers”. Many, I think, would love the simulation aspect. For me it’s a no brainer - buying a gaming PC would cost me over $2,000 - an XBOX Series S is $300 and the X is $500. It is a great entry way into one of the best airline simmers out there.

Hopefully a mod manager, similar to what Bethesda did with Skyrim and Fallout 4 would be available on FS2020.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

He did mention that the “marketplace is going to be the same” so that sounds interesting and promising. Seems like they do want to support that content and transfer it over.

Does anybody have a link to the marketplace? I’ve tried googling it but I can’t seem to find it. I found this, not sure if it is the same? https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/microsoft-flight-simulator-marketplace-directory.html

I believe that as I don’t own MSFS on the PC, that’s probably why I can’t access it.

Yes. I was thinking about Fallout 4 as a community mod model.
Did Xbox have access to all the community mods on Nexus for example? Or did access only really happen when Bethesda created that mod-manager/game marketplace thing?

1 Like

On Skyrim you have access to a selection of curated community mods.

Not saying this will come for Xbox, btw.
As long as they are just thinking about the matter of free content there is nothing to get excited about.
It did not seem to me as per the latest Q&A that this was a high priority thing for them to think about (understandably).

you neev rhad access to all mods, certain things are forbidden on console, like in
farming simulator, there are usermods but scripting is forbidden.
it is always less flexible the console, the careermods on pc wont work as they are now,
maybe they can be written made to work, this remains to be seen.
simpler things like liveries should be no issue.

Yes, scripting is an issue, however, I thought that was allowed on XBOX for Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods?

I remember a major issue/battle between Sony and XBOX was the modifications for Bethesda - as Sony wouldn’t allow scripted mods and XBOX would.

Dont think you could use xbox to run my setup?

Motherboard: Asus Rog Hero x11 wifi Z490
55" curved oled Tv.
CPU: Intel i9-10900K @5.3mhz per core.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 turbo
CPU-Cooler: Liquid cooled 240mm
PSU: Kolink 1200watt Platinum
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4/3600mhz
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
SSD: NVME Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
5.1 logitech sound system Soundblaster Z.
Next level V3 Motion platform on GT Ultimate rig.
2 Buttkickers on race rig with 300watt earthquake amp.
Sim Racing studio wind and tactile generators.
Saitek Quadrant.
Saitek Multi panel.
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke.
Honeycomb Bravo Throttle controller.
Saitek fuel controller and deicer levers.
Thrustmaster TPR Rudder.
VR. HP Reverb G2

I think you posted in the wrong thread.
That can happen.

1 Like

I dont think I’d need half of those things either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.