Xbox version has to have SimConnect

Hey there, I just somewhere read that it was mentioend by Asobo that SimConnect won’t be a thing for the Xbox Version. If that is correct, it will be a real bummer tbh.

Before you now start talking about ‘real simmers use PC blabla’, I was (and am) using the PC version of MSFS since release and do regular, almost daily, IFR flights on Vatsim. So, from the type of using it, I would consider myself as “serious”, BUT I do own a Series X and if it performs better than my computer, it would be perfect to have the sim-workload on the xbox, while all necessary information will be broadcasted via network and SimConnect to the third party tools that run on my computer.

I don’t want to denounce Jorg, but iirc he once mentioned that the MSFS experience on Xbox would be the same as for the PC version.
If there is no simconnect support, this statement is just purely false.
I can totally understand that the limited filesystem access for the Xbox makes it harder to use mods from 3rd party marketplaces, but for external tools that just have to get data streamed from the sim via network? That has to be manageable imo.
For Xbox One you could even use the Xbox companion app to stream & play full games to your computer and play it there via network with almost no delay.

Without Simconnect there won’t be anything like NeoFly (probably the perfect addition for the “average” Xbox user/gamer, since it adds a purpose to the sim), Volanta, Vatsim and what not, and thus will definitely be a much less enjoyable experience. And not only for people who ‘seriously’ fly on virtual ATC networks, but also for the ones who are interested in (virtual) aviation, but need some kind of purpose/goal in form of missions, etc.

So, I hope Asobo will think again about a possible SimConnect integration and the ability to broadcast via network to third party tools - otherwise I don’t see a very long motivation time for the average Xbox gamer, which would be just sad.

13 Likes