Xbox X Stuttering

Intermittent stuttering on Xbox X series. A lot of people have been asking what my setup is, and what I’ve done to try to resolve the issue with Microsoft flight simulator causing crash to desktop, also and a lot of stuttering on my console. I have taken the steps to remove everything to do with the game from my console, including removing all reserved space on the console itself. I’ve removed all information relating to the game in my profile, as in delete everywhere. I’ve then taken the step to uninstall the game entirely. I’ve reset my console back to factory settings and removed everything, so the console is now in a factory condition state. I’ve then reinstalled again, and once installed I have choosen no satellite imaging. I’ve turned off photogrammetry. I’ve turned off ATC. My rolling cache is set to 8 but I have also tried this at zero and 20 and deleting it. My download speed average is 500 MB per second and my upload speed average is 35 MB per second. I’ve turned off live weather and any other settings that would potentially slow the system down. I have no marketplace add-ons installed. This is a completely new fresh installation. My console is located in a place where there is plenty of airflow around it to prevent any overheating. I have no other games installed, and my console has been updated to the latest version. I am using the standard wireless Xbox controller and no other devices. My Xbox console is set to 4K at 60 Hz and my TV is an LG 4K running HDR. My TV does not have 120 Hz capability and no VRR. My preferred aircraft to fly are the A320 and the Boeing 787, and it seems the stuttering is definitely worse with these aircraft. I’m not saying that I get no stutters with the GA aircraft, but certainly less than what I get with the airliners. What I would like to ask the community is for other Xbox X or S series users to try a night flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, using the A320 or 787. After takeoff, change to the exterior camera, locate the camera just above the aircraft with the scenery in the background, and then scroll around the aircraft using the right stick either left or right to do a few rotations at full speed. Now, when I do this on my console it stutters like crazy, and quite often it will crash to desktop. I know I’m asking a lot of from the console in doing this, but scrolling left or right in rotation around the aircraft is a perfect example of the stuttering effect that I have from time to time, worse when you’re flying over populated locations, but I’m even getting small but persistent stutters flying over the small island of Malta with hardly any scenery on it. Even the ready to fly video that is shown after select your airport and hit fly has stuttering before you press ready to fly. If other Xbox users could please try this and let me know what results you get, it would be very much appreciated. PC users, please do not be offended, but please do not reply to this thread, as all PCs are different, whereas the Xbox series X consoles are all built to the exact same specification. Sorry for the long topic, but thank you for reading it, and hopefully you will share you results.

1 Like

Unfortunately,stuttering is MFS big flaw.I really hope it will be fixed as there is NOTHING that can be done anymore from users.And i am on pc with a 6800xt.
There is definetely something wrong in the code with cpu utilization as it’s always beneath 32% and of course something is also wrong with their servers.
I am sure though that in the near future,it will be resolved

Yeah it’s the same for me on series x. As a result I don’t really like playing in busy areas such as Paris, so I fly over islands or quieter places and it’s quite flowless. But yeah Asobo definitely needs to optimise the performances in busy areas.

1 Like

Have you tried lowering graphic settings?
AI traffic settings can also add to this.

You can also try various data bandwidth settings.
Too fast bandwidth speeds will often increase stutters.

As mentioned, you probably won’t get rid of it entirely, but you should be able to get it down.

i will run a few tests for you and report back.

all i do is test around here lately anyways…

turn the rolling cache off. delete rolling cache. always turn off quick resume. you must log off and on properly. if you just turned off quick resume, you must log off and restart.
goto your games while you are in the sim
click on msfs
scroll down and click quit
sign out
restart console
turn off all other items in the household on the internet including the browser running this
run an ethernet cable directly to the x from the modem, no router or hub

have you had the xbox test its own internet connection and stability?

reset the settings on the tv and put the tv on sports or game, let the tv do the rest(upscale)

have you ran this test yet on speedtest.net

As an experiment, try a flight in offline mode and see what happens. Very interested in seeing what your results are.

Yep, tried all of this to no avail

sorry man…

did you test your ethernet cable?

just making sure. i find a lot of bad cables.

i test every cable individually on a pc

trying now

Replaced the one I was originally using already, but thanks.

Everything is set to minimum

1 Like

1st run- stuttered for about 10-15 seconds, then was fine for a 20 min flight in circles then stuttered for last 4 seconds of landing. i am going to try with a smaller more agile aircraft…

2nd run-lots of lag in that airport, especially flying through it at low altitude. it sure is nice though and complex and acts like an add on

ai off
multiplayer off
weather preset

I will try lowering the bandwidth setting. Do you think having it at unlimited can make it not work?

I have read several posts in here where it helped reduce stutters.
No guarantees though!

checking it out again this morning

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into this topic.

Hello.

New here. Anyone else getting stuttering and brief pausing while flying in X Box? Just started a week or so ago.

Thanks!

1 Like

Search me up and read my post about this exact same thing.

Ich habe das selbe Problem. Immer mit dem Airbus A320!!!

I’ve been on the Series S for a little over 2 months and just got a Series X a couple of days ago. There is definitely more stuttering on the X but then it’s drawing detail out so much further and even the closeup scenery looks like it has more detail.

I just did a comparison flight around New York City on the two consoles with the same aircaft using both internal (VC) and external views. The S has very few stutters and is fairly fluid. However, there’s a very serious demarcation between where detailed scenery is drawn. On the X there is some stuttering and even a few momentary freezes but neither are constant. The demarcation on the X is much, much further out - almost as far as the “eye” can see within the scene. So, an extreme amount of data being rendered by comparison to the S.

I disabled online services on the X as a test. Almost no stutters even with the large number of 3D objects placed in NYC. The ground textures look terrible though in this mode. So, the extra detail from Bing textures and the extra work from the PG certainly play a large role. (I have not experimented with limiting the data bandwith - saw that tip above and will try it.)

I don’t know if Asobo is considering this for a future update but I’m wondering if it would be possible at least on the X consoles to have sliders to reduce the distance the scenery is drawn out to: i.e. similar to those available on the PC platform? In the heavy urban areas this might be the needed compromise to get the similar smooth performance I see on the S console. (The S is so smooth by comparison I don’t think it’d benefit much from an adjustment like that unless it was the other way for people who want to push their S consoles harder.)

Search for my thread Xbox simply can’t handle MSFS

I’ve recently started to compare the performance centre of the Series X with the Series S.
Anyone who thinks that the Xbox can’t handle MSFS should think again- the series S is as fluid as you’d like for serious flying but the radius of detail being drawn is much less than the series X.
Since SU9, MSFS on the Series X has suffered - this becomes very apparent at high altitude over terrain with weather.
I’m convinced like you that the extreme amount of data being rendered on the Series X is the root cause (and might evenhave been added to by turbulence implementation(depending on how the extra data is handled and to what distance).
The devs should (and need to take a look for themselves- MSFS runs so fluidly on X box Series S that it puts many PCs to shame ( I used to run MSFS on a 4 yr old one so I know) that it is a joy, if you don’t mind a little loss of detail. It certainly finishes any arguments that the Xbox can’t handle the sim. That the sim runs so beautifully on the Series s and is a stutterfest on the Series x ought to embarrass Microsoft and Asobo enough to remedy the situation ( and I don’t mean breaking it on the Series S too!)

1 Like