XPlane has Nothing to worry about

At the end of the day X-Plane will have its niche for the following reasons:

• people who like ugly graphics in a dead engine (vulcan)
  • people who like to buy 5th-class-home-developer addons pushed by the very review-censored-store in the -org place
  • people that use a mac for simming
  • people that dont like progress and development in general
  • fanboys who are against the mainstream

Honestly, when I see this one guy here being butthurt by every post and every opinion that differs from his, annoying all people here in the thread than I would kindly ask to silence this guy asap or move him to the x-plane forums where he can celebrate with the other 3 Austin-Evangelists.

6 Likes

You are talking about the Vollhorst, right? :wink:

2 Likes

The Vollhorst above me maybe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For all the XPlane guys , living in denial , it’s as simple as this :

Once all third party developers , realise the potential of MSFS , and it’s earning potential , this will happen :

XPlane = a relic

Now , you can console yourself, by posting messages from developers saying they won’t be developing anything for MSFS in the near future . But , if you’re clever , you’ll understand they are only saying this , to keep you spending your cash on a soon to be relic , while they sneakily develop DLC for MSFS .

In the not too distant future , the only person interested in XPlane , will be Indiana Jones !!

3 Likes

You seem to forget XP runs on Macs and Linux systems as well as mobile, that gives it a niche market FS cannot access.

1 Like

“At least 6-12 months”

If you can read between the lines, it will take at least until next summer or Christmas 2021.

Maybe Aerosoft will fill the gap with a lightly simulated CRJ by Christmas 2020 but the real megamods could be more in the range of years rather than months away.

On the other hand, if I imagine my next PC, MSFS having matured, detailed airports with ground services etc and a study level 737 it will be worth the wait imo.

The study level A320 seems to come first, and from what it looks it cleans the floor with the FlightFactor or JarDesign-Stuff. And it´s slightly cheaper.

1 Like

I like your sacarsm. :smiley:

2 Likes

As far as i know all users here own MSFS…you seem to be able to think only in black and white. And no one denied that MSFS had potential. So what exactly is your point except spreading hate, like many other users here not able to discuss the topic on a rational way?

Which Follhorst?

Jar Design is a joke LOL. But where did you read that because it’s what i want the more: a very good simulated A320. I would ike it to be the FSLabs but as far as i know they didn’t announce it yet.

Sure. Just to say that it won’t be in a very close future and that we still have to wait. I really hope there will be many good aircrafts available in the future.

A “Vollhorst” sometimes also called “Depp” is a stupid person in German. I assume what Follhorst is trying to say to us with his choice of name is that he is able to laugh about himself.

btw Johnny Depps name is German and means exacly that. I always thought it was hilarious until I found out his ancestor was from Bavaria.

Especially when he is not able to spell his name right :slight_smile:

Or Hollvorst if it does not go through the filter.

Thas why Follhorst called himself on a similar way. Everything starts to make sense now…

I think his name is supposed to say “I’m a good sport”

VollhorstwithVokuhila ™ is also a nice username.

I also turn ‘shadows on scenery’ to off - because they are FPS killers even with Vulkan and are jaggy and only partially visualized - but many x-planers want decent shadows (see many complaints by xp-users at the xplane.org forum and how such complaints are ridiculed by some there - in that supposedly friendly community)

Try not to resort to unjustified personal attacks or being derogatory (including to any Fs2020 user who wants shadows) when you cannot win an argument or get other people to adopt your opinion.
Back on topic. I agree that ‘piece of software’ has nothing to worry about, even if it had AI (which X-plane lacks).
Even if Laminar Research gets no future significant sales from XP11 or XP12, Austin also does not need to worry (much) because he can always do a Bill Gates and work out of his garage as a two-man band and sell 'XP?? without improvements (or shadows) for say $15 on ebay, perhaps whilst concentrating on his XP mobile game or other products.
Meanwhile Asobo/MS can, like Laminar Research in the past, release a major update every 2/3 years to obtain regular substantial revenue (for its shareholders and to fund further development of the sim). Competition from x-plane may therefore be unnecessary. Personally, I see no problem with additional revenue for Asobso/MS from the sale of 3rd party addons via the in-sim marketplace as such revenue is also a reason for MS to keep the sim alive for many years. Tough S*** for LR if they did not seize the opportunity to do the same with XP addons.
Happy flying with XP, come back in 10 years to discuss the history of flight sims

1 Like

The point you are missing is that i am flying with MSFS too. As many others, you seem to be offended as soon as we like another sim and are not entirely commited to MSFS. That shows the degree of maturity here. And i have been a simmer since 33 years. I can tell you that i never ever saw a most toxic and immature community than here. Not in the FSX-community, not in the P3D-community and not in the XP-community when talking about other sims.

And why are you talking about the marketplace? I don’t find the idea bad but was dispapointed to see that the addons i wanted to purchase weren’t available there and that there were only a few available. What is the sense of it if i still have to purchase the most outside that marketplace? But anyway, i won’t purchase any addon for now and will wait for the sim to become better.

You really seem to be very annoyed by people still flying XP…perhaps you should take a look at some of the most successfull Twitch-streamers like Cheewy94 or Blackbox who have used P3D and XP in the past days much more, although they own MSFS. They must do something wrong, no? Or why do they still use such an outdated and horrible simulator with such bad graphics?

1 Like