XPlane has Nothing to worry about

Why? Please elaborate as to why and how.

Even a Software can have a soul, Very… :-p… This is the reason why I moved my real life to Sims 5 some years ago

Anyway, thanks for the smile and the laughter… Night time for me…

See you tomorrow in this “entertaining show”

And I am really looking forward to see Jardesign’s 10 percent Airbus simulation here on this platform… I am sure it will be alternative to the FSLabs or prosim :’-)))

1 Like

I’ll risk a polite off-topic post : Good night, sleep tight, the thread will still be here tomorrow night. :grin:

1 Like

Only 500 more to be the longest thread on the forum. Way to go!

1 Like

lets stop it. All the people who tlak XP vs MSFS should try out both and see what is beter in what. But it´s so easy: Fly your Airliner in XP and fly your VFR Flights for the great look in MSFS ( for now) i dont understand all the discussion and all the virtual hate :slight_smile: good night

2 Likes

As a heavily invested FSX and P3D user, I have never considered buying XP. Both the lack of features and the robotic distribution of autogen made it a hard pass from the beginning. I am sure it’s better now, but I certainly can’t see a reason why someone who is new to flight simming, with no working knowledge of the dev cycle and addon content, would decide to install vanilla XPlane over MSFS.

At the very least, XP is will get crushed in the marketing war over the next few years. I would hope even the most raving XP fanboy could agree with that.

4 Likes

But XP has terrible ATC. I gave up on it after realizing I would have to buy a 3rd party ATC program. I expected, at the very least, this new MSFS to have as good an ATC /IFR functionality as those old MSFS sims, and way better than XP, its competitor, but so far I don’t see it. Once it is, and the bugs fixed, there will be no competition. XP will be dead. But for now this debate can go on because FS2020 is not yet really what it was advertised to be.

1 Like

In 1971 I received my PPL using a C-150 and a brand new 150 Aerobat. This was at the Ft. Gordon flying club. In case anyone else was there in 71, that was MY “Penton” T-shirt hanging on the wall.

One thing I know for CERTAIN is that landing a Cessna 152 in the stuttering, freezing (current) version of Flight Sim 2020 is harder than in real life.

X-Plane can be set to make landing a breeze, or a real bear.

In real life, Mother Nature and your “skills” control how easy (or hard) your landing will be in a C-150/152. 150/152’s are very light. They get pushed around in the air pretty easy. You’d be better served getting into a Cessna-172 as soon as you can. I’d say once you solo, start logging time in a 172. Also, most 172’s will have far better (NEWER) avionics than a 150/152 will have.

1 Like

It is pretty clear from reading this thread that we the community need to come up with a way to save MSFS2020.

I propose that a system not unlike an RPG is constructed into the game, where pilots can earn XP or some sort of in-game currency that can be used to purchase things like fuel, maintenance, tractor tug or GPU time, upgrades to the planes, etc. This will allow Asobo to implement a system of microtransactions that they can make loads of money from - you can either grind to earn XP to do those things, or pay real money to Asobo to do it (plus they can sell things like liveries, and other upgrades not available through the in-game currency). It will also help to give the game more purpose other than just flying around, and will likely increase the player base which means even more money.

Want to pay for gas? Deliver the mail or something in your Cessna. Want a fancy new GPS? Fly packages across the ocean, or do a search and rescue mission out over the Gulf.

Everyone wins, and we save MSFS2020 from a horrible fate of being worse than XP11.

1 Like

Most of these things were already advertised and promised to be in the sim by MS. I believe thats where much of the bitterness is coming from. I played FS 9 FSX Then moved to X-Plane about a year ago. I have loyalty to no company or simulator. I only care which is the best at “simulating” flight. Especially IFR flying. Right now X-Plane wins that contest in my eyes. A year from now who knows.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

Is it study level?

“I expected, at the very least, this new MSFS to have as good an ATC /IFR functionality as those old MSFS sims, and way better than XP, its competitor, but so far I don’t see it.”

And I expected FS 2020 to get close to the same frame rate and stutter-free simulation I get in X-Plane without the need to replace my computer. So far, all FS 2020 has given me is a $100 dollar boat anchor while I wait for them to polish their turd up to the point it’s ready for prime time.

My guess is both these programs will do just fine as long as they continue to do what their intent was.

In the case of X-plane, the intent was for LICENSED and upcoming pilots to have a program that is a reasonable facsimile of real flight.

In the case of FS 2020, it appears its intent was to make a pretty game which might also pull in some serious flight simmers.

I’ll be using both. I’m not sure why it’s a “one or the other” debate. That’s like using the same motorcycle for roadracing and motocross.

1 Like

Of course. Look.

Thanks for the pic Pilot1811. Is that the new allegedly study level airliner which will be offered as the only new out of the box improvement/feature in XP12? How did LR get the FS2020 graphics and volumetric clouds injected into XP? Where the FPS above 19, with only the usual stutters?
Has MS bought LR in a garage sale?
Or is that next next years FS2020 update for pre-order? Please take my next $60 Microsoft? :smiley:

Awesome! Can’t wait to bind all my keyboard keys to the keyboard there!

1 Like

“Moving on” to what? You are the one that cannot stand other people still liking another sim than the overhyped MSFS. You are the one offended by that fact. So moving on to liking the same thing as you do, because it’s the only right thing? LOL Have fun old fanboy.

XP12 Boeing 797.

Yes but will XP12 recreate the constant crashing of current Boeing planes accurately? At least in MSFS we get a nice pop-up that says you crashed.

1 Like

What? I don’t get any message with my crashes. Is it premium version feature?

2 Likes