Yoke aileron animation doesn't move linearly

I have just tested this with the C172 but I think it happens with every aircraft.

My controls are set to the default sensitivity and I’m using a honeycomb alpha.

In the external view looking at the actual ailerons, and feeling the response when in flight the ailerons do actually seem to move linearly as I move my yoke, however the yoke in the cockpit view doesn’t match that. At about 50% deflection the yoke in the cockpit view only looks like it is at about 25% deflection - all movement close to neutral looks very small, but then it quickly ramps up and when I have my yoke at about 90% deflection the one in the sim looks like it is 50%, then when mine is 100% the one in the sim is also 100%.

Basically around neutral the yoke in the cockpit view in the sim is not moving nearly enough and near full deflection is it moving way too much.

Is this a known bug? It has happened as long as I remember so I thought it would be but I searched and could not find any other reports. I can record a video to demonstrate the issue if needed.

1 Like

Happens to me to.
The Sim aircraft yoke should follow the position of our actual yoke.
When I turn my yoke about 2/3 of the way, the Sim yoke begins it’s super speed motion…

Thanks for confirming.

I’m glad it isn’t just happening to me but it is annoying that this has been this way all this time and it hasn’t been fixed!

1 Like

Yup, noticed too. Some planes are fine. Like (I think) the 414 is exact matching all the way. And some are worse like the Globe Swift hardly moves at all even at full 90 degree lock, the graphical yoke has only moved about 5 degrees.

But the actual effect on the ailerons is fine so that’s what matters.

My solution is to hide the yokes in planes that you can hide them :slight_smile: …on most you can. It’s part of my checklist :rofl:

You don’t really need to see a yoke if you’re holding one. That doesn’t make sense, haha.

1 Like

Yep. I always hide the yokes when I can. :+1:

1 Like

I brought this up when msfs was in early alpha…

This is also something that exists in FSX as well. Makes zero sense other than being quite confusing if you look at the yoke as you may end up overcorrecting because of this.

There is a bug report thread here if you want to go there and vote for it. I don’t know if they pay attention to the votes any more but maybe if more people vote for it it will get fixed?