Yoke won't center

Hi I have recently purchased MSFS. When I went for my first flight I tested all the flight controls they wouldn’t center. I took off then the plane just crashed because of that. I have a Saitek Cessna yoke. PLS help.

There are several first steps to take.
With the sim running, if you are on the start up screen, from the top heading, select “Options”, or if you are already in the sim, press “ESC” on the keyboard.
- Under “General”
Set “Flight Model” to “Modern”, not “Legacy”.
- Under “Assists”
Set all “Piloting” assists to “Off”
When you are in the sim, from the “winged” sim icon, Ensure in AI Control (icon to the right of the yoke icon) that “Control Aircraft” is “Off” (button placed to the left).

Next, and quite important, is to add deadzones to each axis for all your controllers. Approximately 5% should be enough, but there have been instances where significantly more was needed.

FYI, the moderators are a bit strict on posting in here, as per the site rules, so you should search all the other sections of the forum that may pertain to your issue before you post here.
This section of the forum is for proven bugs that you can’t find a solution elsewhere on the forum.

So, having said that, give the above a try, if this solves it, please mark this thread as solved.
If it doesn’t just let us know.

Hi this didn’t work. Anything else you can suggest?

Did you check to see if the axis were assigned properly in “Controls”?

1 Like

Ok I got it to work thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.