You Are Killing the Goose

“Most” but not all. Every day there are new CTD reports and votes not only in Crash to desktop without error message but across several threads. Of course as with any bug report it takes a bit of a positive approach and also some debugging effort from the user (temporarily remove addons, update drivers, try to find patterns, read through various discussions about similar issues etc).

Plus things can change. MSFS was working perfectly fine for me for 7 months but for the past 3 weeks it’s become the worse gaming experience I’ve had in decades. Lately it has improved a bit, but I’m still getting CTDs here and there so I’m constantly looking for solutions.

IMHO a couple of “mistakes” that some people do is:

1. some complain about bugs, CTDs or other issues without first researching thoroughly through similar cases and/or exhaust other options
  2. some assume that since everything is working for them, then the game is perfect and no one should be allowed to complain (or they automatically assume the issue is with the user, not the title itself)
  3. some are very quick to flag messages they don’t agree with
  4. some offer feedback which borders on fanboy status, which means it doesn’t offer anything at all because it ignores other people’s woes
  5. some blame the game for the planet’s woes and take it on the dev team, wishing they all get laid off. Personally I’m far from happy with my current situation but I’d rather get constant CTDs than a single person in Asobo getting laid off in this difficult covid time.
1 Like