You can ignore this post

Could get some good thermals for a glider, maybe :wink:

oh yah Ive been USING tech for 20 plus years and I am pretty disapointed in you guys…Wheres the flying cars and food replicators ?

I don’t trust people in my area to drive over a bridge with enough gas in their tank, let alone fly over my head :laughing:

I fly ONLY the a320 mod and have done 10 flights now since the last patch. The only thing I have found is that once or twice the autopilot did not follow the flight plan properly and I turned off and on the autopilot and it was okay.

No ctds, no screens going blank. Nothing. My point is that if something happens for everyone its easy for Asobo to fix but if it depends on flightplans, settings, drivers, hardware its extremely difficult for Asobo to fix especially with the vague information provided to them in these forum posts.

There are no excuses. I can understand having a few bugs needing fixes…but a lot of those bugs were pointed out in the alpha and beta testing…and ignored…and how can a patch to fix problems cause so many more? But, I assume they must have tested msfs after they applied the patch, so did they miss the obvious bugs, or just said “that’ll do” they can manage…

1 Like

While I still remain very positive and have total confidence that the sim will get over the majority of its teething issues and leave the others in the dust, I do find it incredible how Microsoft (I think it is reasonable to leave Asobo out here as they likely just do what they are told) can take a position of total PR dominance / positivity and turn that into a shoutfest.

There has been a combination of unparalleled arrogance, decent helpings of incompetence mixed with a sizeable serving of brilliance.

It is almost funny to behold as it would have been just as easy to skip most of the backlash while keeping all or at least most of the revenue. I can only image what would happen to my business if I polled a decent percentage of them and then took a decision that went against the overwhelming majority of the answers. As I mentioned above, the arrogance is almost brilliant.

Anyway, it’s still just a “game”, you could have had decent use of it for a couple of $$ a month and/or could have waited a couple of months to see if Microsoft continued their tradition of flaky sim software on initial release, so I don’t have much sympathy for the “unhappy” either.

I’ll cash in on the thread of venting too.

I took off from the dead center of Australia. Where that weird flat mountain thing is.

It Looks like you’re flying there. But it Feels like a scenery simulator that you’re moving a plane around inside.

There’s almost no Depth there, to the interactivity with the sim, for some reason. You can fly anywhere and it Feels the exact same.

And by the way they’ve messed with the JavaScript or something on this forum and now it goes all screwy on my android device. Messes with how the text cursor in this window works, prevents you from moving your focus back outside the window.

1 Like

Same situation like you. You’re not alone, Man

OP

Maybe this will put a slight smile on your face …

Sometimes a Picture is worth 1000 words.

5 Likes

The whole Untested Update Fiasco , sadly, reminds that this can also happen in real life,

ie

Boeing 737 Max

(The many human errors that brought down the Boeing 737 Max - The Verge)

Not to mention all those Windows 10 “Buggy” “semi-forced” Updates.

Yes, anyone make a mistake, but when that mistake affects so many, that mistake takes on a much stronger consequence than just a “Mistake”, or an “Ooops”

2 Likes

I have a suggestion for you. While most of the planes are full of bugs with AP failure, try the ‘SW121’ because that’s the only plane of mine which the autopilot is still working. But first of all map the heading and altitude selections from your joystick which you’ll need to activate the autopilot. Other then that the G1000 and power are working perfectly. Also try the low altitude IFR flight plan from VNIK to VNKT which is a wonderful trip with beautiful scenery. I just had this flight for around 50 minutes and everything is perfect. Good luck to you​:+1:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes

I have found great success flying the DA40 and DA62. Yes, they still freeze on occasion, but just open and resize one of the windows (ATC for example). The workarounds work and then you can keep going.

Over the last week I’ve flown maybe 10 1-hour long flights starting in Santa Barbara, CA and last night ending at some municipal airport in Eastern Texas. It’s been a really fun trip and because I fly later in the day, I’ve watched five or six sunsets in FS2020. It’s been really fantastic.

I’m sorry you are having the same experience, but it’s in there somewhere if you want it.

1 Like

I think a320 is least problematic plane to fly, idk about default one but with flybywire there is nothing ground breaking that you cant fly, yes it have AP problems, but i fly for 10 mins manually and AP works fine after, sometimes in mid flight it stops following AP and for me is just fine, i’m not looking into bugs like this as something super serious and you cant fly with this issue but more of a challenge, what if there would be AP malfunction and such in plane, i man cmon flying manually a bit its not bad, its opposite, you will get better with flying manually.

It’s just like your washing machine was malfunctioning and then you can wash clothes by hands manually to fix the problem and that’s really challenging​:rofl::crazy_face: