Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

Even before getting anywhere near a flight things aren’t loading in now, or are taking a good while to load in.

Looking at the task manager at the start of a flight its always the same pattern for me. The flight will load ok and when I take off the network data sits at about 15Mbps for about 30 seconds or so then gradually it sinks down to 0.1Mbps over about a minute. At which point the dreaded low bandwidth message pops up.

Every single flight is the same. I tested in safe mode just to make sure nothing is interfering.

Looking around online there’s any number of suggestions as to how to improve things but I’ve tried all them and none of them make things better. I’d love to get to the bottom of whats causing the drop off of the network. I’m presuming its actually a bug in the sim and not a server issue. If it was a server issue far more people would be having problems. It doesn’t seem like its effecting everyone.

I’m using an ethernet connection so I’m hard wired to my router. It can’t be a hardware issue.

2 years and this is still a thing… very sad.

One minor change that would make so many lives so much easier and nicer.

Come on Asobo make this so it doesn’t need confirming, the same was as the Reconnect pop up is, or make it optional to be so.

Locking people out of their controls is not a good thing in a flight sim!

2 Likes

In the middle of a community event …

sim crashed

Speedtest almost 900 Mbps down and 600 UP…
But still the bandwidth error.
Tried to enable the Bingdata again and immediately the error again and the sim is stuck on the message saving settings.

I am done.
I am going to sell the 4090 and forget about this.
This is not doable for me anymore.
All started after AAU1.

2 Likes

Is everyone here who is having this network connection issue on the sim update 12 beta?

I am on SU12Beta. Very very very very annoying and persisting issue! It is now just hanging here…

Same here.
You have to kill the sim.
It will not recover from this.

Yeah I’ve tearing my hair out all weekend with it. Its one of those issues with the sim where you can convince yourself you can fix it if you tweak some setting or other. I’ve rebooted by modem (I don’t use a wi-fi connection for the sim) multiple times, swapped out my ethernet cable and looked long and hard everywhere a what seems to be happening. I even finally updated to Windows 11 this morning.

Clearly you can have the fastest broadband connection in the world and still suffer from this problem. I don’t think its Microsoft’s servers because it would be plaguing everyone if that were the case. The majority of people seem to be ok. For those of us who are experiencing it its very annoying.

I’m pretty certain the problem is local. Its a bug in our systems caused by god knows what. The sim is picking up some sort of instability from somewhere so just can’t maintain a connection, or indeed get one at all.

I just hope there’s a further beta update that fixes things.

My guess would be it is a server side issue.

But I stopped playing. No fun at all at the moment. These moment are the only ones that I consider installing XPlane 12 as a backup option.

2 Likes

Yes, me!

I have it in SUXII Beta and in AAUI.

1 Like

I’m not on SU12 Beta. It happens to me. Not very often; most flights are ok. But when it happens, it’s very annoying.
The last time it happened was last Friday evening, the Friday evening a week earlier and the Sunday afternoon before that.
Most likely moments with many people flying. Which does suggest server problems. Location west Europe.

1 Like

Just tuning in here to say that it’s been pretty bad for me as well. Same story, have a solid and fast connection.

This has taken the joy out of my flights up to a point where I’ve gone from almost daily flying to not really touching the sim much anymore.

1 Like

Yes same here.
From Daily flights to flights where it happens man times per flight.
After the bandwidth error I try to enable Bingdata again until the message comes again.
No I tried to enable Bingdata again after a 5 hours flight but now the sim is stuck on the Please wait box.

The SIM is unplayable…
Fiber 1GB up and down.’

What scares me is that if Asobo/Microsoft is not fixing this then MFS2020 is not usable anymore for me.
That would make me very sad.

3 Likes

The real pain is:I just had a look at Xplane 12, and that is visually so many lightyears behind MSFS, that I just can’t stand it.

So please MS/Asobo: fix this, please.

2 Likes

For me it all started after the AAU1 update.
On other forums also the same issues.

1 Like

Having this issues too for a few weeks now. Stuck on the Applying Settings right now, after the Error popped up again after switching back to Online and being still stuck in the menus.

It only started for me last week and it gradually got worse to the point now where the sim will just get stuck on the blue bar loading screen on start up. The only way I can get the sim to boot at all is by booting in offline mode.

I can then only fly round Tenerife as the DEM, aerial imagery and photogrammetry are all third party add ons stored in my community folder.

I’d just like to add that I’ve never used any third party map streaming enhancement mods that are available.

I now tried it 2 hrs later, no problems at all. Seems to be on very specific (busy?) times? But still super annoying. Happy though to be able to make some nice Islander (not the most beautiful aircraft visually, but very good fun) flights!

And enjoying all the free scenery people made around Kirkwall and Westray in Northern Scotland.

I am still flying after the band with error now but it looks to me it reconnected since the ground in picture looks oke + all the building and stuff is correct. 1 and half ours after the erro tho

after landing I noticed that the textures are really low but with the right roads and buildings just no BING data.