Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

It even doesn’t have to be a server side / MS / Azure problem. It also could be a access provider / internet hubs problem in Europe. Which doesn’t mean that your bandwith is low in general, but low regarding certain endpoints.

Look I Still keep using MSFS actively. The main problem is that is disconcts you whit a pop up tha pauses your sim and ATM cant be enabled due to CTD.

Best case would be that it never happens but like people are saying it is the internet and it can’t be fully controlled on what passes trough and how fast that goes. The next best soltion would be that the POP stays but sim continues and tries to reconnect (and if connected and pop is there it closes) with then sowing the green box of reconected just like the other services.

1 Like

MSFS is the only service I have issue with in the UK, either downloading or streaming data. Xbox Live multiplayer, PSN, Steam, Netflix, BBC IPlayer, Amazon Video work perfectly almost all of the time. It is definitely a server capacity issue, or something has gone wrong that needs fixing. I don’t have problems with any other service that requires a reasonable Internet connection.

They’re probably not going to change much, because as long as it works (but not very well and often not at all) then it works, as far as they’re concerned. It’s become a bit of a thing in the development of MSFS, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Not a server capacity issue alone, it’s also a logic issue.

MSFS is desinged to simultaneously stream info from a list of different services: Xbox Live, Bing, Photogrammetry, Weather, ATC, Traffic, Mulitplayer, and likely a unique cloud instance for your flight.

MSFS seems to expect all of those to have perfect response times 100% of the time, and currently behaves as if it is in debug mode for the programmers, with popups when this or that service is delayed or unreachable. That’s a bad design from a user perspective.

Instead, the logic needs to be improved, to account for instances where this or that service is delayed or unreachable, and have graceful fallback behaviour for the user without interrupting flight. Even though I have 60 GB of “World offline data” files installed on my Xbox, MSFS fails to recognize them at the precise moment that it should. Microsoft and Asobo can / should improve the logic and behaviour.

And, when this or that server is delayed or unreachable, MSFS should have automatic error reporting to Microsoft or Azure so that they can see, in real time, when services are degraded, so that they can address patterns: If it’s a capcity issue, or a cache issue, or a code issue, etc. MSFS is a “Sim as a Service” that runs 24 / 7 / 365 … but juggling 10 online streams perfectly 100% of the time is almost impossible. Better fallback behaviour is needed, as well as better error reporting to improve connection reliability.

9 Likes

It’s now happening in the UK as well?

1 Like

This is becoming ridiculous.

1 Like

First time ever getting these messages since today. It is not my bandwidth that’s the culprit here!

1 Like

Yep, it’s not a problem on the users side. It is very disappointing that MS/Asobo have simply remained silent for weeks now.

5 Likes

It happens on any flight and so on if i switch back to online mode i get a ctd…

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.30.12.0, Zeitstempel: 0x63c56d8f
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.2130, Zeitstempel: 0xb5ced1c6

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000374
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000ff6a9
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4608
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d95b86a2e18aa9
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Will it fix with the new update tomorrow ???
So its impossible to flight

I doubt it.

3 Likes

Streaming issue bla, bla, bla…….CTD. Boy oh boy. 10 minutes before landing on VATSIM. Frustrating!!!

1 Like

And now iit happens also outside peak hours
It’s not playable anymore.
Yesterday was perfect today again it’s terrible

1 Like

Probably because of the SU 12 release. But if Miicrosoft can´t provide enough server power, who can?

Yes but SU12 is not online yet.
I am afraid this issue is not going to end anytime soon.

Spend so much money on a computer which finally can make playing a sim very smooth.

Also have fiber 1Gbs and now this

Happened 14 times between Rome and Madrid.
Makes me very sad.

1 Like

Same here. Just bought a new cpu and gpu, some great new hardware (cockpit simulator efis and mcp for the 737 - fantastic by the way) and can´t enjoy at the moment.

2 Likes

Same here.
The annoying thing is that the prompt is inaccurate since it’s clearly not my bandwidth that’s causing the problem.

Sometimes, the sim simply gets stuck at the “PLEASE WAIT” message.

On my last flight, the bing connection couldn’t be reestablished and the whole traffic on the arrival airport got stuck on the middle of the runway. Even shutting down FSLTL wasn’t a solution, so I guess it happened as a result of the sim’s connection problems.

2 Likes

had these problemson every flight lately (netherlands) and tried to sim on a VPN in the USA; no warnings this time. others that can try if a vpn mitigates the issue?

I’m disappointed that a forum moderator is suggesting a VPN as a mitigation to what is really a design problem Asobo and Microsoft should fix. Please consider collecting the feedback of all the similar network connection issues and highlight them for Microsoft and Asobo to address.

There are problems with the current design and behavior of MSFS network connections:

Logic: When one of the many online services MSFS communicates with has a delay, low bandwidth, or is unreachable, MSFS should:

• NOT interrupt the user with a “debug” message intended for the developer
  • Have graceful fallback behaviour so the pilot can continue flying uninterrupted
  • Report / log the problem with Microsoft, so Azure / Asobo can see patterns of problems and address them

Design: Because there are many online services MSFS relies on to work properly, please add a simple but informative “Network Status” option in the Toolbar, so that users may choose to look at online status if they want to troubleshoot - instead of interrupting flight.

It is the User / Pilot’s job to fly.
It is Asobo’s job to design the logic of how MSFS behaves when there is an issue
It is Microsoft / Azure’s job to handle network connections.

Here is a suggestion of what would work better:

7 Likes

Also the Netherlands.
It’s.terrible.

Any info on which VPN connection to set up?

Was.tninking about using Map Enhancer which uses.Google maps instead of Bing

1 Like

Sure I can try with a VPN.
But why should I?

It is a MS / Asobo problem and they need to solve it.
Not the paying customer.

IMHO

1 Like