Your current Favorite Career Addon

Hello flight simmers !

I am just curious to know, what is your current favorite career addons ?

Since they are all evolving quite quickly, improving features etc, it may change over time.

I like a career addons especially for flying GA aircraft, from a small airport to another. It makes me go to places I would never though, they often offer the best sceneries. I remember the first time I tried Onair, I flew a rented bonanza from my home airport to somewhere close to somewhere near syracuse and I had so much fun. For my airliners flights I mostly use VAs, such as VACanada, Southwest, Virtual Ryan airā€¦ I also use A Pilotā€™s life chapter 2, but no so much since I have to fly the schedule of my airline, whereas I try to fly in vatsim controlled areas as much as possible. But I think APL2 is def worth it with offline ATC.

I tried Skypark, and I donā€™t like it, the missions and destination is too limited and to me itā€™s just not fun. You get money, but there is nothing to spend it.

I left OnAir a while ago because I donā€™t like management, I just want to pilot places to places, not to manage an airline, FBOs etc, and there is a subscription, which I do my best to limit them. I kinda want to say thatā€™s it may be my best option, but again the sub turns me off, and apparently the devs are not so nice according to a few posts on reddit from people who worked with them. Though it had a good system, with somewhat good choice of destination you feel for.

I tried the newest NeoFly, but it keeps CTD, a dev on their discord told me that someone else had the same issue and had to format the computer, I was like ā€˜ā€˜Ok byeā€™ā€™. Perhaps they have done an update and I should try it again.

1 Like

@NixonRider

Your topic has been moved to the Tools & Utilities subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

Did I make a mistake ?

Nice topic! A list not managed by meā€¦ Iā€™m in!! :rofl:

Maybe add a table in post 1 of all the available options (and a link to where to get going with it)? You could add to it with columns for a ā€œcore featuresā€ summary, pros and cons as you start getting posts?

I think it would help because I am not even sure I know of ALL the different tools out there.

Anyway, my contributionā€¦ :wink:

I am a stickler for a nice User Interface, so a lot of the other ones I have seen are an instant turn-off for me that just looks like a late 90ā€™s ā€œhome madeā€ Windows Application.

Skypark:

• PROS: Very nice interface. Fun to use. Audio clips. Nice ā€œatmosphereā€. Can use any airplane (so not restrictive).
  • CONS: Limited mission types. As you say nothing to spend the money on. Lack of structure (so the ā€œcan use any airplaneā€ is also a bit of a negative).
  • Havenā€™t used it in ages - was waiting for the much promised update which keeps being deferred.

NeoFly 4:

• PROS: Fairly slick interface in v4 (compared to v3!) but a bit buggy / clunky in places - could be much improved with some QoL tweaks. Fair amount of depth and progression with features locked behind XP so you have something to aim for. AI Pilots to earn money and manage / buy planes for. Good community.
  • CONS: The missing QoL parts in the UI (weird way sometimes which you need to work around, more clicks than it should be to get the 'repetitive stuff" done. Slow updates or progress for improvements. I think the developer is quite overwhelmed with all the possibilities and suggestions and kind of just not done ANY of it to improve things.
  • Overall this is the one I have stuck with recently since v4 came out. Been focussing all my Comanche flying within here, so as you said it takes me places I would not ā€œdecideā€ to do off my own back.

HPG Action Pack:

• Not really a Career Addon I suppose - but on the verge of counting here?
  • PROS: Nice integration of the interface. Dynamic generated missions. A few mission types (fire, accident, search and rescue etc. Not really done any Military ones so canā€™t comment on that).
  • CONS: Restricted to the H145 helicopter, which I donā€™t find all that fun to fly. Some of the scenes it creates are a bit ā€œvisuallyā€¦ questionableā€ but itā€™s OK! Some performance issues and bugs out sometimes (maybe improved now, not sure).
  • I hope the new H160 gets the mission pack for itself soon after releaseā€¦ and I hope that H160 is more lively to fly, but I doubt it! I wish we could use ANY helicopter with the mission generator!

Not sure about your CTD with NeoFly. Not had any problems with it myself. Maybe I can help? Surely a full Window reinstall isnā€™t really necessary!

I use A Pilotā€™s life chapter 2

Hahaha, we LOVE your lists ! Feel 100% free to start a new tread for that !

Thanks for your comment and thoughts !

Myeah, Iā€™ve reached out to Neofly team and my problem is affecting many. Theyā€™re NAudio Dll there are using for voice narration in Neofly 4 is outdated and is incomatible with many systems, causing the app to crash, they know itā€™s a matter of time now I guess.

Neofly seem to be the best to be honest, Onair would be a strong competitor if it was not of itā€™s subscription.

Also, Iā€™m not as good as you @Baracus250 to make posts & polls, you got serious talents there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m still using FSEconomy. Despite it drawbacks, I really appreciate the real interaction with other players.

2 Likes

I will never understand why Microsoft is not making any integrated Career/Open Sandbox mode. They could make it a subscription and would surely make enough money from it.

I believe it has been said that there will be a career mode in 2024.

Yea but weā€™ll have to see what form it takes. Iā€™m looking forward to it and for sure Iā€™ll exhaust whatever content is there but I reckon it will just be some single scenarios with a set default aircraft, set location and task that you need to pass before you unlock the next (more difficult) mission. Linear path with no real replayability. Weā€™ll have to see how deep they go!

In other news, there is some signs of life with the next iteration of //42ā€™s SkyPark.

The Skypark: A public release is expected in 2024 that will bring the PAX experience and a completely rebuilt UI. As many are aware from various FlightSimExpo interviews, the announcement of MSFS2024, and new information on the platform have directly affected the project scope. Many things on our whiteboard got crossed off as they no longer make sense to develop. By sticking to our core features, we keep the product streamlined, avoiding the clutter of unnecessary extras. ā€œWouldnā€™t it be cool ifā€™sā€ often lead to complexity, not improvements. Iā€™m excited about honing in and seeing the product become more focused and effective at itā€™s goal as a simple flight concept generator.

1 Like

I realize this is an old post already, but I still wanted to add something new. Iā€™ve been working on a career type addon. Itā€™s called FSFerryPilot and as you can guess, it is about ferry flying. Some keywords are more freedom to choose planes and routes. You can even make stops along the way and come back to your flight another day.
You can find an early demo video on youtube. Just search for FSFerryPilot and scroll to my name (Jonathan van de Veen)

A new video will be posted on my channel soon.

1 Like