Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Oh man yeah you are right! Hmm… it just feels that much better than Logitech I didn’t consider looking closely on the graphs after I made sure deadzones were zero and it was linear. What would you get instead?

My Fulcrum does not have a dead zone on pitch. But it does have a little bit of stiction close to centre.

The stiction is actually useful as once you are close to trimmed you can nudge the yoke a touch just to get the trim perfect.

2 Likes

Alright, I will risk getting reprimanded by getting off topic…lol.

Yeah, the Alpha XPC is so much better than the Logitech, I sent the Logitech back after trying it for one day. I don’t know how they can sell that thing with it’s dead zones?

I was looking forward to the XPC with it’s hall sensors and bungees that supposedly never wear out. I was thinking I was just a sloppy pilot, then realized it had a dead zone. After reading that the fix is to open it up and replace the board, felt disappointed that Honeycomb is intentionally making them that way, same as Logitech. But still impressed with their Bravo throttle quadrant.

Was thinking to open it up and replace the board. Also the pitch bungees, which have too much tension in my opinion, to make it more like the roll axis.

Also was looking at the Fulcrum. In the meantime will go back to my trusty CH Products Eclipse which has no dead zone but is a bit loose in centering and jittery potentiometers. Also has a plastic shaft and no ball bearings…lol. If only I could try a Brunner before buying one…is that asking too much?

Also bought a used and older Precision Flight Controls (PFC) yoke and throttle quadrant some time ago. I like the feel of the yoke and throttle levers but need to swap out the old serial port controller board with a USB bodnar or Arduino board to make it usuable.

3 Likes

There is also the VirtualFly Yoko, sort of halfway in price between a Fulcrum and Brunner. Though I am not sure the Yoko has any real benefits over a Fulcrum for the extra money.

Basically the Honeycomb is one of the top end consumer/prosumer plastic based yokes and the Fulcrum is at the start (pricewise at least) of the professional metal based yoked.

Though Brunner are probably another class again as they are level D certified for training schools and have Force Feedback and are priced accordingly. You could feasibly buy a second hand ultralight for less than you pay for a full top of the line Brunner Yoke Pedal setup.

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure that the Yoko or RedBird is any better than the Fulcrum? They just cost more….

Wish each mfg. would send me a unit to try out for a week before buying.

1 Like

Lol…right! Wait awhile with the coming recession and sky high interest rates, maybe can buy a older 152 (if you pay cash) for the price of a full Brunner setup.

1 Like

Well there is a somewhat unflyable one for sale near me (Australia) for less than $US10,000 … even comes with two wings (not shown in photo) :smiley:

1 Like

Just dropping by to acknowledge the good work done here by everyone but mainly @Barracus250 in collating the data from the lists throughout the year.

The team at Just Flight were so happy to see the results. Great to see our Hawk, the Pipers and the 146 appearing in all of those lists culminating in Just Flight heading the votes for Third Party Devs (Asobo aside).

Guys, this is the heart and soul of this community. What you all think and say, even the bad stuff :slight_smile: does really matter to us and we try and take all that we can into consideration. It’s not always possible to be in here engaging with you all but where we can we’ll try and continue to do that.

We certainly have a lot of goodies on the way for you this year, we really hope you’ll be fans of the upcoming add-ons. A few less disruptive updates wouldn’t go amiss too although we know the sim is of course evolving all the time.

Have a great 2023 folks. All the best to you all!

20 Likes

Yeah!! Congratulations for that. Although, it was a dead cert. The figures don’t lie. You are the BEST! :smiley:

EDIT: And :heart: to other top devs lol

…they have 10x + more aircraft in the list though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Those pesky kids. :smiley:

Yes kudos to the other devs. Tons of great people and talent out there.

4 Likes

Indeed… I am in awe and my Hangar space is creaking :wink: (209 installed at the moment hehe)

There are a few developers that I will just buy anything no questions asked, as you are guaranteed a quality fun time.

• Just Flight
  • Flying Iron
  • Got Friends
  • SimWorks
  • Blackbird

…then quite a few that only if the plane interests me, but you know it will be good.

1 Like

Rather than replace the controller board, can you just get a 9 pin Serial connector to USB adapter?
I’d be afraid of the driver software required if you replace the board? Maybe that’s no big deal?

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah can try that, will check Amazon to see if they have one,

I don’t think I would need to install custom drivers with a bodnar or arduino usb board. I think windows and msfs will recognize it with their default drivers?

hey happy new year @Baracus250 and everyone

so my top aircraft for this 2023 first month will be the followings

1. Black square analog caravan 208 ( loved the Asobo EX version wich one I flew a lot during 2022, but the BS steam gauge version is just a big step up and a joy to fly vor to vor with all his gauge & needle acting realisticlty )

2. Black square B350 King air I wasn’t used to the default B350 wich l never really flew, but having this depth of detail is very engaging to learn a aircraft, very nice to fly, love the ability to do without the glass cockpit and flying only with some collins and kns80 ! and his texturing giving this feeling to be on the middle of a photography )

3. c414 flysimware (very love all details modelled, and the overhaul work donen on it, maybe regret the texturing not being that high )

4. Blackbird DHC2 beaver (love his retro look <3 )

5. DC-3 (I was hesitant to buy the dc6 but the 40th anniversary patch brought me a gift and gave me an interesting similar and good introduction to the pmdg version wich will come later i guess)

6. FBW A320NX

7. C152 JPL

8. Bell 407 (again thanks to Asobo for this update bringing a new way to fly around scenery !)

9. DHC 6 twin otter, was my favorite twin engine for a while deserve to be on my tops

10. Asobo Grumman Goose

see you next month !

3 Likes

I don’t know. How old is the device? Pre or post Win7? Does it have Windows 7 drivers? Windows 10?

@Baracus250 an off this topic question, are you tracking who’s on PC and who’s on Xbox?
Seems to me that’s some interesting info given Xbox doesn’t currently have the same choices available.

Thanks for that!

You have 11 here, so I left out the Microsoft Grumman Goose?

1 Like

oh god , l m tired will edit that ;p

1 Like

Question to all. And testing out the new POLL facility I now have access to :wink:

Do you want to see a mini-update every Sunday, or leave it as a surprise at the end of each month?
  • Weekly mini-update please!
  • I prefer surprises!

0 voters

1 Like

I’m not…

POST 3,000!! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations! Feels like yesterday when we passed 2000.

1 Like