Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Haha, wait till there’s a headwind and you’ve got a groundspeed of about 30kts… even then though, still wonderful. Just wanting someone to mod some decent wind noise in - a Tiger pilot I talked to said he couldn’t even hear the engine in the air!

“Best helicopter” - I think currently it is the 145, while it’s systems do get awkward, intrusive and are really harsh, and flying it raw is IMO a bit too awkward, if you latch the trim release ( a recent addition) you have a helicopter with SAS you get to fly around like it’s not trying to fly itself, and it’s actually quite helicopter-y. I can feel my limbs doing coordinated helicopter sorts of things which they don’t generally get to do in the others, even the H47.

You know, the Longitude is actually developing int a pretty good plane these days. I’m not sure I’d ever put a bizjet in a top 10, but it has to be in the worth-flying list.

3 Likes

I use FSRealistic for that.

Interesting that you put it that way! To me the Moth is in the middle of the pack when it comes to speed of the planes I’m flying. The Top Rudder, Junkers F13, Goliath, even the Nieuport when not going full throttle, are all slower than the Moth. Even most of my “faster” planes aren’t exactly speed demons: Wilma, C152, and Porter for instance. But then again I love going slow - others may feel like jumping out and pushing the Moth to gain some semblance of speed.

1 Like

Posting my top 10 update for March. Added the new Black Square Beechcraft Bonanza (it’s seriously good). Added the Hondajet (I love the new G3000). Dropped the Goose and Cessna 152, which are now 11 and 12 respectively. And reordered many planes based on updates, improvements, or the lack of them over time.

1. Black Square King Air 350
  2. Blackbird Cessna 310
  3. Black Square A36 Bonanza
  4. Simworks Studios Daher Kodiak
  5. Blackbird Pilatus PC-6
  6. FSReborn TL-Ultralight Sting S4
  7. Ants De Haviland Tiger Moth
  8. FlightFX Hondajet
  9. Blackbird DHC-2 Beaver
  10. Asobo TBM 930
4 Likes

From the Warrior Thread … be interesting to see how the Warrior /Arrow update affects the PA28 Top 10 rankings …

3 Likes

They put a lot more into the update than I was expecting. I was expecting a few tweaks and bug fixes.

I loved both of them before, but I haven’t flown them much for the past few months. The new analog Bonanza has filled that need for me now. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the update Arrow.

Well, its time for a small update. My first top 10 since 1st of january has been slightly changed over the last weeks. I bought the Fenix a320 a couple of weeks ago, but I couldnt fly it because of all the stutters it brought with it. And here we are, SU12 just released and i couldnt resist to try this puppy out for a small FPS check. And guess what… It almost flies as flawless as the PMDG 737 now. So time for a small change in my list.
The default DG1000 has to give up its space for the fenix and the FBW goes to place 10.
For detailed description of the models, see my earlier post from january 1st.
So why the Fenix in my new list? Well its just the most detailed model so far and although Iam a boeing guy, this deserves all the credits its needed and therefore a spot in my new top 10.
A small preview for my next update, when the FBW A380 or PMDG 747 will be released, Iam afraid the FBWA320 will disappear from this list.

Old list:

1. PMDG 737-700
  2. Gotfriends discus 2C
  3. HPG H145 (including action pack)
  4. PMDG DC6
  5. HPG Hot air balloon
  6. FBW A320
  7. FI Spittfire,
  8. DG1001E neo
  9. Simworks Studio Kodiak 100
  10. IFT MB339

New list:

1. PMDG 737-700
  2. Gotfriends discus 2C
  3. HPG H145 (including action pack)
  4. PMDG DC6
  5. HPG Hot air balloon
  6. Fenix A320
  7. FI Spittfire,
  8. Simworks Studio Kodiak 100
  9. IFT MB339
  10. FBW A320
3 Likes

I don’t fly airliners, but curious why you’ve got both the Fenix and FBW A320? Do they excel at different things?

2 Likes

Yes. They are different models of the A320. Different engines and efficiency. Both quite good.

The Fenix is the better of the two. Really special set of features.

The irony is that i dont fly the FBW anymore, in fact i even havent installed it anymore.
BUT… it was my plane to go, since the beginning of MSFS and introduced me into the airbus, while waiting for the PMDG 737 comming out. The fact its free, highly detailed and has a very dedicated team behind it, it is really worth trying/flying. Therefore it still deserves a place in my top 10.

2 Likes

WASM today. Will the Xbox Marketplace get some MilViz and PMDG love?

2 Likes

My previous list in February was:

• JustFlight BAe146
  • AzurPoly Fouga
  • JPL/WBSim C152
  • Blackbird DHC-2 Beaver
  • DC-3 with Duckworks enhancement
  • Aerosoft DHC-6
  • TBM 930
  • CJ-4 after the AAU1

And the new list for March (almost the same):

• JustFlight BAe146
  • AzurPoly Fouga
  • JPL/WBSim C152
  • Blackbird DHC-2 Beaver
  • DC-3 with Duckworks enhancement
  • Aerosoft DHC-6
  • TBM 930
  • Got Gravel Savage Carbon
  • Diamond DA40NG
  • GotGravel Monster NX
2 Likes

Erm, does modifying FMs disqualify aircraft from the lists? coz I’ve modified most things I fly at this point :stuck_out_tongue: just to make them handle turbulence better & generally handle smoother, I don’t have the patience to fix performance problems. The Blacksquare King Air is fine to fly as it comes ( it uses JD’s FM mod ), I just ended up relaxing it slightly. The Blacksquare Baron on the other hand, is awesome inside but uses the stock Baron FM, and that is an absolute nightmare out of the box, especially in the current local turbulence. Carenado Beech 18, not a great. With the Denarq mod, considerably better and possibly enough to add here - but flies awfully out of the box still. :S

So, eh, um. Hmm?

1 Like

You can dial turbulence down in the assistance settings now. Perhaps you won’t need to modify everything in future?

Note that SU12 defaults turbulence to low setting even if you have everything set to hard, so if you want realistic then you will need change it.

1 Like

Heheh good question. Yes I think we should ban you for being too clever! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or, you could set yourself up an account on fs.to (or a.n.other site) and share your improvements with us mere mortals? :slight_smile:

But no, feel free to include your personal rides on the list. Let’s get ya back up to ten, huh? :wink:

Good point! I’ve been so distracted with trying to get my PC configured that I haven’t even really looked into any SU12 stuff. Having real issues with the ram and looks like it’s pointing to some sort of failure on the motherboard so might have to send the whole thing back to get replaced. Pretty gutted but want it to be right so I’ll take the short-term pain for long-term peace of mind. At least I can fly though but just with half the ram.

Turbulence is on realistic and it’ll stay - I modify aircraft for handling feel, just so happens that generally that deals with turbulence handling too ( unless it’s a very small aircraft, I’ve just given up on them ).

That means supporting things, that’s a no, lol. I will relist any other aircraft I don’t feel are too egregious. If the King Air gets in then I suppose the 414 can, that’s also not really an aircraft you hand-fly much ( although that one doesn’t like the current weather much either ). I’ll hold off the FI aircraft and the h145 & Cowan’s 500E, because there’s updates promised for the helicopters & possibly something from FI. When JF release their updates I suspect the list will fill itself anyway.

1 Like

That Milviz 310 thing is out on Xbox now…anyone think I should grab it? :joy:

1 Like

The main competition to the c310 is the c414 and Analogue Baron.

What you get will partly depend on which of those are on XBOX and how many light twins you actually want.

1 Like

Sting S4 is now available for XBOX .