Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Long Story Short - Flightsim.to made changes to their terms of service that many developers believed were poorly drafted, and possibly downright illegal and/or infringed on their IP rights.

If you want to know more about the this dispute here is a link:

As a result - a large number of well known developers including JP Logistics and also Got Friends (who do the Wilga) removed their products.

The JP Logistics C-152 mod had just short of 80,000 downloads at the time it was withdrawn so it was very popular.

The best way to obtain it is through discord as that way you will get access to updates.

1 Like

Thank you for the background.

I guess it was nice while it lastedā€¦

Thank you. I sure hope so. I sort of shy away from most of the social media kinds of sites. I donā€™t even know the purpose of Discord which probably speaks volumes about my ignorance. I guess I am just way too far out of touch, today.

I downloaded over the link you provided and the plane flies great! Did a quick circuit around London City airport and it actually seems to feel a bit heavier and perhaps more stable than the stock version, but that might just be my imagination.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Happy to help. You can think of Discord like old IRC chatroom applications. It can be hard to find specific posts or information since itā€™s just a continuous chat, but allows the developers to interact in real time to questions, which can be great. And they can pin certain things or just have an announcement channel for releases like this.

1 Like

After passing the inital 150 hours of game time I feel confident enough to contribute with a list of 10
aircraft. Most of the flying is in a ā€œglass-freeā€ state if a selectable configuration is possible with VOR only navigation.

Milviz - C310R : Learned a lot on how to properly fly a GA aircraft from this one.

Black Square - B58 Baron : KNS80 for RNAV procedures is great fun also in combination with a working weather radar, the ā€œfrustrationā€ to get the engines up and running in cold outside weather and constantly managing the cabin temperature - it is perfect !

IndiaFoxtEcho - MB-339 : Sometimes some low level, high speed flying is all what is needed.

Mario Noriega - Caproni-Vizzola C22J : Perfect for learning VOR flying. DME in combination with the possibility to display the to/from radials in NAV1/NAV2. Autopilot is not available, but it trims very easily.

Milviz/Asobo - DHC-2 Beaver : For the Multiplayer Utah-Bush trips (a lot of fun - thanks SamuraiSax) one should show up with something appropiate.

Orbx/Microsoft - DHC-4 Caribou : For the MP Utah-Bush trips after flipping over the DHC-2 tail dragger too often. Flys like a mule, but is perfect for landing anywhere on its wheels.

Just Flight - BAe 146 : Took advantage of the easter sale ! Beautiful and so much to learn - probably the largest aircraft i will get into.

JP Logistics - C152 : Slow and relaxing VFR flying, have not flown it that much as one probably should.

SWS - Zenith 701 : Sightseeing at minimal speed. Perfect for sea vessel counting in combination with the Gasit ultra package

TBM 930 : Yes with glass, but it is easier to learn about STAR, SIDs and what it all means in a plane with GPS. And this one is great after the AAU update.

8 Likes

Favorite Flight Sim Aircraft

1 Miltech MV-22
2 GOT Friends Mini-500
3 CowanSim MD-500E
4 SC Designs F-16
5 GOT Friends GeeBee R3 Special
6 IndiaFoxtEcho F-35
7 Top Mach Studios F-22A
8 IndiaFoxtEcho Leonardo M-346
9 Flying Iron P-38L
10 Zlin Savage Cub

2 Likes

Grabbed the following in the easter sale:

GF GeeBee (wanted a crazy aerobatic plane, she is nuts)
SWS RV-14 (lovely plane for sightseeing and throwing around)
BB BN-2 Islander (really liking this one)
FI F6F Hellcat (typical FI amazeballs)

P.S. If anyone can recommend a good aerobatic course let me know.

3 Likes

Orbx have a free download for a Redbull style course along the Brisbane river.

1 Like

This:

ā€¦plus this will be good for the GeeBee:

Also this might work (there are 4 courses - all of them should be fun with the GeeBee responsiveness I think):

Search for other Red Bull Air Race mods on .to but some are probably too tight for it. Iā€™ve found about 4 or 5 others like A1 Ring, Nurburgring, Dubai, Paul Ricard, Gdansk and Budapest which Iā€™m testing out for an upcoming thing :wink:

You could also give our man Mojaveā€™s new course a bash in it! The main track, the slalom and the big island should be doable but things will come at you quick!

Thereā€™s also a good river run free from Orbx (Brisbane) but some turns may be a little tight for her. Not tested in anything that fast but itā€™s probably manageable.

Silverstone looks absolutely amazing though and has probably the best sizing / spacing for the GeeBee (also not tested - let us know!)

EDIT: Ah yea this one too:

4 Likes

April update:

• C152 ā€“ Your free radio navigation IFR trainer, including ILS, and JPL/WBSim add the missing DME. :+1:t2:
  • C172 G1000, Bagolu patch ā€“ Feeling rich and fancy with the G1000. :sunglasses: But actually I donā€™t own Premium/Deluxe for the 172 Classic.
  • DHC-2 Beaver ā€“ Into the wild!
  • Analog Caravan, 208 Steam Gauge Overhaul ā€“ NEW IN THE HANGAR ā€“ Won against the Kodiak, roleplaying backcountry supply and emergency transports.
  • Blackbird 310R
  • C172 WBSim ā€“ NOT OWNED (if it still counts) ā€“ This would replace the 152 if only I owned Premium/Deluxe, or they made it possible to purchase the Classic separately.
  • Bonanza G36, improvement mod ā€“ My recommendation for a free beginner aircraft.
  • Beech King Air 350i, JDs Improvement Mod, modified with a GTN750 ā€“ Fond memories, flew it a few times. Beautiful aircraft.
3 Likes

The actual top choice while waiting for the Fenix Version2 IAE and the FlyByWire A380: :slight_smile:

The soon released A330! This Airbus pilot has nothing to criticize about itā€¦

Now that the spring sale has died down a bit I can do my April list!

1. GotFriends Edgley Optica. I almost didnā€™t get this because I had just bought the Zenith for $3 but Iā€™m so glad I did. The ā€œ75 knotā€ cruising speed in the specs is very misleading, even though itā€™s accurate. This plane can easily cruise at 100 knots or more, and that just makes it perfect for me. The visibility, benign flight characteristics, avionics/autopilot, engine sounds, I love the whole thing. These days if Iā€™m flying on my own 99% of the time Iā€™m in this.
  2. FlyingIron P-38. Love a warbird with a yoke and tricycle landing gear. Lets me use the peripheral I want and land without face planting half the time. Great performance, great sounds, fun to fly. Useful tablet with power settings listed which I really appreciate.
  3. SWS Zenith. Like many, I just bought this because of the price. I didnā€™t know anything about it but it turned out to be a very nice surprise. I hope SWS does well with this sale and more and more developers start going for volume of sales over unit price.
  4. Carenado Archer II. Still love this plane, wanted to mention it because I feel it tends to fly under the radar. Wonderful simple nice looking/flying GA.
  5. Asobo/Blackbird Beaver. Every time I get in this it just feels right, even with all these new shiny purchases. I really wish there was a way to remove the window tint on the XBOX version but itā€™s a small sacrifice for everything else this plane offers.
  6. Asobo Grand Caravan.
  7. Asobo Spruce Goose. I almost never fly it but I love that they updated it with modern avionics. I hope they continue updating the planes in the base sim like this.
  8. VisionJet. Still love it for when I need to get somewhere fast and I canā€™t figure out which gas tank in the P-38 to use.
  9. Chancellor 414A. Did not fly it at all this month but I like that the developer is keeping up with the updates.
  10. Asobo DA40. Canā€™t wait for the DA42 to release!
6 Likes

Thanks for the list :+1: Just to be sure, your previous list was January, right?

Just the way you worded that, sounds like I may have missed something but donā€™t think I have! :slight_smile:

I honestly donā€™t remember, sorry! I know I havenā€™t made a list this month, as much as I want to sneak in a few extra votes for the EA-7. :grinning:

Thanks again for the thread!

1 Like

Wrong flight flight sim so thatā€™s really not helpful. Iā€™m sure they have their own forum.

1 Like

My new list- I have bought a bunch of planes lately, some I havenā€™t even flown yet. Good problem to have haha.

1. C414 Chancellor - Been flying this daily and love it.
  2. PMDG - DC6 I picked it up for Xbox and wow this bird is great fun to fly, still learning but have been enjoying it.
  3. BR Goose - My go to water planeā€¦ still.
  4. Islander - This gal seems to always be in my top 5 and with good reason
  5. Wilga (Wilma) - Sheā€™s fun to fly and those sounds are top notch.
  6. DC3 - Havenā€™t flown it as much lately with so many new planes but its a classic.
  7. Staggerwing D17 - Love cruising around in this ā€œcadillacā€ of the skies
  8. L19 Birddog - Fun plane to go low and slow with, those soundsā€¦
  9. Zenith 701 - Just bought her 2 days ago and flew it once and knew it would be a top 10, will probably move higher the more I fly her.
  10. Longitude - I dont really fly airliners\jets all that much but when I need to visit all my hangars of the world to fly my GA planes quickly, I take this. :slight_smile:

Purchased but havenā€™t flown yet: Yep I have work to doā€¦
Vision Jet
Antonov-2
Caribou DH4

By the way where did this thread get moved to? I hadnā€™t seen it in a few weeks and thought it was gone. Only found it today by a link to it from another thread. Very weird. (Found the issue with no thread showing up, I had this thread muted so it quit showing up, oops fat finger)

7 Likes

Get in that vision jet and fly it, donā€™t waste it on the ground! Or maybe actually donā€™t, leave it in the hanger and try the others first, or they may be there for quite a while! :grin:

1 Like

Ever notice the apparently flat-spotted tires on the main gear?

2 Likes

I have heard good things about the vision jet, will have to give her a go very soon. Maybe when I take a break from the 414 and DC6, been flying those daily. Good timesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen a clown riding a bike similar to that at the circus one time :clown_face: :mountain_biking_man:

2 Likes