Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

The Global Swift is great. Retractable gear low wing tail dragger.

The other obvious candidates with yokes are the JF Warrior II and the Cessna 140 (the Carenado Cessna 170 is also quite OK but the Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140 is loud but better). The Staggerwing is another very good light aircraft with a yoke but faster. All of these except the Warrior are tail draggers.

If you do not mind a stick the Sting S4, Piaggio P149 and the Stearman are all worth a look for low and slow.

ALSO - a bargain priced light twin with a yoke for $US10 or so is the Camair Twin Navion, still a bit rough around the edges in places but improving every patch and the price is just pocket money.

2 Likes

For low and slow I really love the Carenado Cessna 170B and the Milviz PC-6 Porter

1 Like

Iā€™m curious. Why do you prefer the C140 over the C170B? I have both and I struggle to choose one over the other.

1 Like

Since my last entry Your Current TOP 5 Aircraft - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums I only use the Hawk T1 (80%) and the Milviz PC6 Porter (20%).
Actually, these two machines currently cover my needs.

Think, the P-38 come back sometime in the List, someday a nice heli (Gazelle or Huey) or a well simulated Osprey, then Iā€™ll be happy.
For deeper technical experiences, I continue to access DCS. At the moment, both sims have achieved a good co-existence for me.

1 Like

Mainly the landing and ground behaviour. The 140 is way loud and has 30% unusable fuel but is much better behaved when landing. Far less bounce and less inclined to do weird stuff on the ground roll.

Yep. Youā€™re right about that!

Yet thereā€™s something about the aesthetics of the 170, especially the exterior, that makes me go back to it every time. I think if the flight dynamics and ground handling were more authentically modeled, I would prefer it without question.

I have had a Bravo for most of the year, and I did exactly what you are planning as soon as I got the 310. It really is right at home in the USA.

When you configure your Bravo please note, they have improved the AP functions since release, so you might want to keep their default settings and just work on configuring the throttles. Otherwise things like your altitude and heading bug wonā€™t adjust as nicely if you set them up manually like some YouTube videos will suggest.

Of all my gear, that Bravo (even more than the yoke) makes me feel more like I am flying a real plane than anything else I own. It is a great piece of kit. Enjoy!

Ok so

1. Western Star 49
  2. Kubota M7

Ok Iā€™m just kidding, I was playing a lot of American truck simulator and farm sim 22 last week but had switched back to flying this week

1. BAE 146
  2. crj 700
  3. Asobo husky
  4. Embraer Emb 110
  5. aerosoft twin otter
4 Likes

Headline Shocker!
My New is not the same as my Old this time.

1. Flysimware Cessna 414AW with PMS GTN750
  2. Fenix A320
  3. Asobo stock Cessna 172 with WT G1000NXi
  4. Asobo Cessna 208 with mod and WT G1000NXi
  5. WT Cessna CJ4

In a change to the normal schedule, the 414AW has usurped the Fenix in dramatic style! :joy:

The 414 has taken my top spot as itā€™s so much fun to fly.
Especially with the Tobii 5.

As the Fenix is used on longer flights, and is too good (if you understand what I mean) I got a little jaded with the full-on managed automation and found myself hand-flying a few times. Iā€™ve started with the madness of the in-game ATC to mix it up a little in that regard :nerd_face:. Maybe itā€™s also time to introduce random failures too. Add a liā€™l spice.

2 Likes

Got the honeycomb bravo earlier today. Itā€™s so great, the trim wheel is a huge deal. I had to make a few tweaks using axisandohs to get the trim wheel sensitivity to feel good and I will be using the kap140 mod so the bravo AP module works well with it. Iā€™ll probably grab the honeycomb rudder pedals some day too for the full set.

For anyone on the fence with getting the honeycomb setup, Iā€™d say go for it. You would also wanna pickup axisandohs or spad.next to have more control over your bindings.

1 Like

I mostly enjoy GA flying on short 30-60 minute flights. These are the favourites so far:

1. Asobo stock C172 G1000
  2. Asobo DA40 with DA40 improvement mod (which adds the CFD!)
  3. P42 KitFox
  4. GotGravel Savage Carbon
  5. JustFlight PA28 Warrior II

I also really like TBM (although what usually puts me off is the fact that avionics is very CPU intensive once you install the improvement mod) and the classic C152.

2 Likes

Hiya. Did you end up getting this? I purchased it today. Great little thing! Itā€™s like a mini Spitfire. Could be a Spitfire trainer! Itā€™s got many of the same characteristics but doesnā€™t actively want to kill you at the start and end of a flight lol.

Very fast roll at lower speeds (nearly caught me out on my first take-off), similar visibility for landing though not as blocked by the nose but you have to use a similar approach as in the Spitty (not straight on to the runway), can do some aerobatics and good visibility when inverted (so good for fancy sight seeing hehe), even the shape of the wings is like a calmed down Spitfire.

Nice set of liveries included and decent enough engine sounds (but nothing compares to a Spitfire for sure!).

2 Likes

Hey, Iā€™ve been flying the 310 exclusively lately so I havenā€™t pick it up yet. I love the rusty livery on the Global Swift and thought it was awesome looking. Havenā€™t flown the spitfire before but I have a feeling that one day Iā€™ll get it. Chances are that my next aircraft will be a 414, Iā€™ve been thinking of trying it out once I get my 310 fill.

Edit: Woops, forgot to tag you on the reply @Baracus250

2 Likes

Time for another update. Goose takes the top spot again, Iā€™ve gotten back to how great an aircraft it is and how fun it is to fly around islands. Now only if MS/Asobo could add some cold and dark startup spots to seaportsā€¦ The V tail has always been one of my favorite GA aircraft and visually Carenado did an amazing job. When the DC-3 comes in November itā€™s going to push someone off, not sure who it will be. I seem to be flying all of these great aircraft a lot lately.

New list:

1. Big Radials Grumman Goose
  2. SWS Kodiak 100
  3. Carenado/Asobo V35 Bonanza
  4. SWS RV-14
  5. Asobo Local Legend #5 Beech 18

Old list:

1. Asobo Local Legend #5 Beech 18
  2. Big Radials Grumman Goose
  3. SWS Kodiak 100
  4. Marwan Gharib Honda HA420 (HJet)
  5. Carenado Seneca
3 Likes

OLD:

1 - PMDG 737-700
2 - Just Flight/Black Square - Steam Gauge Overhaul
3 - Fenix A320
4 - FSW Cessna 414
5 - Milviz C310R

NEW:

1 - Fenix A320
2 - PMDG 737-700
3 - FSW 414AW
4 - Just Flight/Black Square - Steam Gauge Overhaul
5 - Milviz 310R

1 Like

I saw it first time thanks :wink:
Was going to purchase the 414 this evening but then the BN2 Islander v2.0 just dropped by total surprise so 414 is postponed!!

3 Likes

The Sunday Runway Show is back.

If you want to see some MORE GREAT planes that fall outside of the Top 25 above, you can grab the full PDF download here:

==== THIS WEEKS TOP 10 ====

====== MY SUMMARY ======

Not as many new or repeat votes this week. Of note is that the Fenix and FBW Airbuses are now exactly tied for points, but the FBW stays ahead as itā€™s had more votes. Kodiak still putting up a brave fight between the twin Twins. She wonā€™t be taken down that easily. High flaps setting definitely engaged :smiley:

Be very interesting to see if adding floats will indeed help her bob back up. I suspect people are not that bothered by ability to land on water as there arenā€™t really many built in options without mods.

Sting S4 has been pushed out of the top 25 by the plucky Fox. Lucky it has a parachute so it probably wonā€™t fall far too quickly.

The Warrior is gradually fighting its way through the field but tbh has a long way to go and his weapon may not be sharp enough to last much longer.

I gotta stop with these lame aircraft terminology analogies :angel:

Two new aircraft enter the listing:

1. Beechcraft Bonanza V35B V-Tail by Microsoft & Carenado

2. Piper L-4 Grasshopper by Flight Replicas

Personally quite an expensive week of new additions to my hangar! I bought:

• Nieuport 17 [Big Radials]

• Globe Swift GC-1A [Aeroplane Heaven]

• Cessna Caravan - steam gauge overhaul [Black Square]

• Savoia-Marchetti S.55 [Microsoft]

ā€¦and my finger was just hovering over the BUY Button on the Fly Sim Ware web page for the Cessna 414 when the version 2.0 update for the BN Islander appeared, so I installed that instead (already paid for the original version so that saved me a bit haha). Knowing me I wonā€™t be far away from a set of 414 keys though.

Have to say my favourite of those new 4 is the Globe Swift. Flies really nice and itā€™s definitely got some speed but happy to trundle at half that speed too when you need to check some scenery out.

Islander is just so great though. Love the engine sound.

I need more time to get into the analog Caravan but what Iā€™ve seen so far is all good and Iā€™m glad I got it.

The Nieuport is unlikely to be used much. Stearman is miles better. But it was on sale at Orbx so hey.

Probably get the V-Tail Bonanza eventually but noticed that Marchetti was on sale when I went to marketplace to look at the Bonanza and that was on my wishlist so bought that instead. Interesting/different but itā€™s strictly floatplane only so quite limited where you can use it. Looks great though and definitely kinda unique in the sim (the Do J Wal is similar I suppose!).

Had to stop myself grabbing the V35 and 414 for the time being! Especially as Iā€™m experiencing suddenly lots of CTDā€™s :frowning:

7 Likes

Islander and Trislander, which one is better
ā€œ$ said that I can not get them bothā€

Hard question to answer. They are very similar but also different. It would be the Islander if I had to choose one. It is a great aircraft for this sim.

1 Like

Thank you again for the time and effort that you put into this survey. Although it serves as a weekly reminder of how fast the days do fly by in our lives, it is always fun to see the changes in our preferences.

1 Like