Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

The Sunday Runway Show is Live and In The Air!

If you want to see some MORE GREAT planes that fall outside of the Top 25 above, you can grab the full PDF download here:

==== THIS WEEKS TOP 10 ====

====== MY SUMMARY ======
Not much activity this week. Did I talk about the next year plan too soon?!? :confused:

No new planes mentioned ā€” suppose we all had enough last week with the free 40th Anniversary stuff? But not many votes for those new aircraft since (relatively speaking, compared to the usual candidates).

The FBW and Fenix A320ā€™s still equal on points but the votes (= mentions) changed the order (again?).

I bought the F-117 and Harrier AV-8B. Also got the Offshore Landmarks pack, as Just Flight had it and my finger slipped whilst buying the Harrier! I could probably easily spend another Ā£200 in the various sales but Iā€™m resisting further temptation :slight_smile:

Still most of my flying has been in the Cabri this week. Downloaded a whole bunch of heliports from fs.to and thereā€™s some really nice ones. I wonā€™t bother mentioning any as itā€™s not what the threads about but Iā€™m sure you can easily find them if you want.

Also I busted out my art skills to make myself a Ferrari version of the red Cabri (never done anything like this before so took a bit of working out and itā€™s not really intricate or anything. Just bashed some logos on it but it makes me smile!) :smiley:

11 Likes

Hi,

1. BN 2 Islander
  2. Cessna 310R
  3. DHC-6 Twin Otter
  4. DHC-2 Beaver
  5. Asobo KingAir 350
1 Like

lots flying of a differing variety, currently my Top 5 would be this:

1. FlyByWire Simulations A32NX - best overall airliner package in the sim and I can operate it well enough
  2. Flying Iron Spitfire L.F MK IXC - with headtracking this is just so much fun. My favourite single propeller aircraft in MSFS
  3. Sim Skunk Works Fiat G.91 - the Gina is tons of fun ! I am flying different military jets recently so this favourite is subject to a possible change.
  4. Flying Iron P-38L Lightning - my favourite Twin Propeller aircraft in MSFS. It has Dive Flaps, hehe.
  5. Blackbird Beaver Amphibious - Great little plane to land anywhere.

sorry I cannot find my last Top 5 posting, something is odd with the search today.

2 Likes

In my case I was unable to provide a list this week: the Antā€™s Tiger Moth has been occupying 95% or more of my flying time in the last week and a huge portion of the flying time since I first got it. In other words, right now my list would be Tiger Moth, Tiger Moth, Tiger Moth, Tiger Moth and DH-82. But I got some new ones (for me) in my hangar: the Big Radials Nieuport and the Big Radials Goose. Iā€™m looking forward to trying them quite a bit next week and have high hopes for them.

2 Likes

Previous list from several weeks ago (was in no particular order):

1.) Spitfire
2.) Cessna 414AW
3.) F-14 Tomcat
4.) Kodiak 100
5.) Hondajet

Current top 5 favorites, again in no particular order:

1.) Spitfire
2.) Cessna 414AW
3.) M-346 Master
4.) DC-3
5.) Hondajet

For me person itā€™d be a much easier game for me to choose my top 5 least used planes, because I enjoy most of them and love some of them. Some other ones Iā€™ve been using a lot lately are the Kodiak, the Zenith CH701, the RV-7, the F-117 Nighthawk, and the P-38L. Well, among others lol.

By the way, speaking of the Nighthawk. Was the night vision screen there when this first released? I recall that screen being nonfictional the first 2-3 times I played with this plane, after which I didnā€™t play with it again and wished I hadnā€™t bought it. Then recently I figured Iā€™d try it again and then suddenly I have a night vision screen. And within a minute Iā€™d gone from buyerā€™s remorse to thinking this thing is awesome lol. Itā€™s loads of fun flying low within a mountain range at night when itā€™s otherwise pitch black outside (or for cool effect, set time of day so that you still see some deep blue in the upper atmosphere).

5 Likes

Thanks for your update - Iā€™ve redistributed your 3pts per plane to the 2 new ones :wink:

Confirmed, it was not. From their Discord the v1.1 update added IRADS Screen (amongst other stuff).

• ā€œInfra Red Acquisition and Designation System (IRADS)ā€

Oh boy yea ā€” Iā€™m gonna try that, yep!! Good one :wink:

Hahaha sounds like a cool game with a good twist! Iā€™ll play. You gonna make a topic? lol

Hereā€™s ā€œapproximatelyā€ my 5 least flown purchases (not base game planes, some of which I think Iā€™ve never loaded and not freeware which you donā€™t lose anything by not using haha).

• 1. Reno Air Race planes. Dunno why I bought 40 of the so*d1ng things!
  • 2. Quickie Q200 [Lionheart Creations]. Quirky little thing (I like quirky) and itā€™s not ā€œbadā€ but when Iā€™m picking something to fly, it never turns out to be this! The Long EZ or Velocity XL would come first if I want a canard type. Mind you I might give it another go! This thread youā€™re going to start could be useful to get people to remember good planes they never use man!
  • 3. Bleriot XI [Wing 42]. Itā€™s pretty good for a little fun, but not the sort of plane you really ā€œflyā€ more than ā€œkeep up in the airā€. Kinda interesting and glad I got it but itā€™s not had many minutes (let alone hours)
  • 4. Dornier Do J Wal [Microsoft]. Crazy looking thing. Flown it once or maybe twice :slight_smile:
  • 5. Savoia-Marchetti S.55 [Microsoft]. Same as above. I think I just wanted to give MS some money so they keep developing the game for years to come, but doubt a purchase or 2 from me is gonna make or break their business! They will get my Wilga money soon!

I do have a lot of freeware planes that Iā€™ve tried and not flown much then unticked from Addons Linker (and mostly they are pretty good too) but in hindsight there are not any purchases I regret. I buy a lot but seem to do my ā€œdue diligenceā€ fairly well :smiley:

2 Likes

The Savoia-Marchetti S.55 is really well done, itā€™s the highest quality Local Legend / Famous Flyer and quite peculiar indeed.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to give her another flight soon! :wink:

ā€¦see, this idea has legs @Archimedes3000 :wink:

Took a break from flight sim due to the ATS Texas release

1: DeHavilland Beaver

2: Next Gen Embraer 110

3: DC3

4: Aerosoft CRJ 700

5: kodiak floats

I Might switch back to ATS seeing nothing really noteworthy is out that isnā€™t an anniversary aircraft, after I fly the beaver to the coast to coast (if someone were to release a study level dash 8 200 it would definitely be my one every time)

3 Likes

This will probably be my last submission for 2022 as I donā€™t suspect much will change, unless we get an amphibian Caravan addon for Xmas:

1. de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver [Blackbird Simulations / MilViz]
  2. Quest (Daher) Kodiak 100 [SimWorks Studios]
  3. Beechcraft King Air 350 | Steam Gauge Analog Overhaul [Black Square]
  4. Cessna 414A [FlySimWare]
  5. Cessna 310R [Blackbird Simulations / MilViz]

7 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1: And some great screenshots as usual!! Love it :wink:

1 Like
  1. MS/Oliver Junkers JU 52
  2. Asobo F18
  3. MS/Carenado Beechcraft Bonanza V35
  4. MS/Carenado Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing
  5. Carenado C170B / Azurpoly Fouga CM.170 Magister (same place)
1 Like

Fly sub one hour flights with an airliner you will be very busy. Airliners are fun. I also highly recommend my favorite aircraft the Analog King air.

1 Like

:+1: yea I still didnā€™t pick up the 737 :stuck_out_tongue:

An Airliner I could get back into is the DC-6. I know itā€™s not what you mean but I do love the way that flies. And last time I tried since the instruments can be handled by GPU, it ran beautifully, where it was struggling a bit on my system before. Thatā€™s what worries me still about dumping funds on the 737.

Have you also tried the freeware improvement mod for the King Air? If so is it really that much different (in terms of feel, rather than systems stuff)?

Thanks for the list :wink:
I took the C170B for 5th choice as youā€™re not supposed to have 6 total. Is that OK?

Iā€™ve been really excited about Texas too! Waiting for it to go on sale though.

1 Like

Old list from 10/31:

1. Cessna Citation Mustang (Cockspur)
  2. Pilatus PC12 (Carenado)
  3. F-14 Tomcat (DC Designs)
  4. Hot air balloon (HPG)
  5. Cessna 414 (Flysimware)

Current list as of 11/28:

1. Cessna Citation Mustang (Cockspur) - Still one of the most fun and easy business jets to hop into and go, even if not the fastest, and the view out the cockpit is uncomparable.
  2. Concorde (DC Designs) - Still one of my favorite ways to cover long distances in style when Iā€™m in the mood.
  3. Pilatus PC12 (Carenado) - Still prefer it over the TBM for getting in and out of tight places (but also cruising over 200+ knots and above the weather) in style.
  4. AV-8 Harrier (DC Designs) - A fun and unique challenge.
  5. Cessna 414 (Flysimware) - I still donā€™t fly it as often as I feel I should, but still a reliable and comfortable companion that brings back memories of riding in my uncleā€™s plane as a kid.
1 Like

The 737-700 is the only airliner I am looking at but Iā€™m waiting for a discount (on the 700, 800 hopefully) when the -900 is released.

I am also waiting on the ATRs or 80-Rs (you know who you are) and Dash 7 because I would prefer turboprop commuters to jets. And commuting in the 1 hour-ish range is what I am looking at flying.

I loved the King Air improvement mod. But the Analog one is easier on my eyes. I struggle to read to glass panels.

I love the King air because its got amazing short field performance and its got power in the climb. I like flying short field. Long wide runways are way too easy. I think only the SWS PC-12 might unseat the King Air for me as the perfect plane for me. Once it is available obviously.

I also canā€™t wait for the Vision Jet. Its available tomorrow.

Old list from months ago:

1 - Milviz C310R
2 - SWS Kodiak
3 - JF Piper Arrow (any variant)
4 - CRJ 1000

New list

1 - Black Square King Air 350 Analog
2 - SWS Kodiak 100
3 - JF Piper Arrow (any variant)
4 - PMDG 737-700
5 - Milviz C310R

1 Like