Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Not just scouse it is a pretty common term in the Colonies. Well in Australia at least.

2 Likes

A good way to take a break from the spending spree is to dive into some quality freeware. I recently downloaded Dave Garwood’s excellent Hawker Hunter. It’s a very comprehensive package with a lot of different versions and liveries. Really catches that early Cold War vibe and great for canyon running at 350 knots.
I’m not sure I will be flying it two months from now but it will occupy me the next 14 days or so.

2 Likes

I’ll certainly take a look at that, cheers.

10 days since my last update. Here are my top 5:

1. WT CJ4: Learning for the first time and it’s been a blast
  2. Kodiak 100
  3. BAE 146
  4. Cessna 414
  5. Cessna 310

I foresee myself mastering the CJ4 and going deep into the BAE and picking up the Fenix Airbus here in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

My trajectory was similar: CJ4 → 146 → 737

Learning the CJ4 FMS will really help with the 146 since it uses the same FMS by Working Title. That way you can focus on the quirks and nuances that make the 146 unique while having a established baseline for navigation.

4 Likes

My current top five, based on what I am flying lately:

1. Milviz Cessna 310 - this continues to be my go to GA aircraft in MSFS. The ‘ownership’ aspect of it is far more immersive than I could have thought possible and the aircraft is just so well modelled.
  2. Asobo Local Legend #5 Beech 18 - surprisingly good. It is my first local legend and a bargain at the asking price.
  3. Big Radials Grumman Goose - i continue to enjoy this characterful aircraft.
  4. Asobo Husky A-1C - a fun little aircraft.
  5. A1R Ryan ST-A Special - a lovely little open cockpit monoplane circa 1933

Previous

1. Milviz Cessna 310
  2. Aerosoft Twin Otter
  3. Asobo Local Legend #5 Beech 18
  4. Asobo Husky A-1C
  5. Big Radials Grumman Goose
3 Likes

My updated list

1. P28 arrow. Just flight
  2. Dhc-6 twin otter. Aerosoft
  3. Tb-30 epsilon. Azurpoly
  4. C414a. Fligtsimware
  5. C152 with the jpl-mod

Old list

1. C414a from flightsimware.
  2. P28 arrow 3 from just flight
  3. P44 seminole
  4. C152 with the jpl-mod
  5. Dhc-6 twin otter
2 Likes

For this month

1.Asobo CJ4 with WT Mods.
2. Maddog
3. Cessna 310
4. BAE 146
5. Velocity XL

2 Likes

Old List
PMDG 737
Kodak 100
Cessna Citation CJ4
PMDG DC 6
DA40 with Tommy mixer mod

New List

PMDG 737
Cessna Citation CJ4
Kodak 100
PMDG DC 6
Discus-2c Glider Developer Got Friends Got Friends » Discus-2c Premium » Microsoft Flight Simulator

All are consummate pieces of software engineering in my view heartbroken not to still include the DA40

2 Likes

Had to make an update for the new Beechcraft. Really enjoying it and brought the Goose up my top 5 again, back to flying the radials for the foreseeable future.

New list:

1. Asobo Local Legend #5 Beech 18
  2. Big Radials Grumman Goose
  3. SWS Kodiak 100
  4. Marwan Gharib Honda HA420 (HJet)
  5. Carenado Seneca

Old list:

1. SWS Kodiak 100
  2. Marwan Gharib Honda HA420 (HJet)
  3. Carenado Seneca
  4. Big Radials JRF-6 Goose
  5. Parallel 42 Kitfox
2 Likes

Little announcement to everyone here. @OneToBeamUp3871 has started an interesting and complimentary thread you should all post in here!

2 Likes

Original

1. Quest Kodiak 100
  2. JF Piper Warrior
  3. CRJ
  4. AH c140
  5. Staggerwing

2nd version

1. Sting S4
  2. JF Piper Warrior
  3. Quest Kodiak
  4. Grumman Goose
  5. Staggerwing

Latest

1. Sting S4
  2. JF Piper Warrior
  3. Quest Kodiak
  4. Boeing 247D
  5. Grumman Goose
3 Likes

old
1 Cessna 208
2 Cessna Citation Longitude
3 Cessna Citation CJ4
4 Boeing 787-10
5 Cubcrafters XCub

new, mostly used in last week
1 Hondajet (Marwan Gharib)
2 D77 Pelican (Asobo)
3 Piaggio 149D (AT Simulations)
4 Flight Design CTSL (Asobo)
5 Boeing Stearman (DC Designs)

1 Like

The Sunday Runway Show is back to our regularly scheduled time slot!

If you want to see some MORE GREAT planes that fall outside of the Top 25 above, you can grab the full PDF download here: Dropbox - MSFS Aircraft Ranking 19.pdf - Simplify your life

==== THIS WEEKS TOP 10 ====

====== MY SUMMARY ======

Quite stable again. The Beech 18 had a massive +80 rise in the week to get it into the Top 10 for the week but it’s still only in position 48 overall. I bought it last night and did a little flight. It’s pretty nice apart from an annoyingly noticeable loop in the engine sound.

The Kodiak pulled out even more of a lead (mainly due to the Arrows being removed or lowered on many folks updates). Twotter still holding it’s own, regardless of the flak it’s received everywhere.

4 new planes this week bringing the total to 128.

• MADolo Simulations - Alexander Schleicher AS33-me (glider)
  • Sim Skunk Works - Aeritalia-Fiat G-91
  • Black Square - Velocity XL
  • AzurPoly - Socata TB-30 Epsilon

Must admit to discovering a mistake. The Ryan ST-A Special should have 2 mentions (as FlyingsCool had it and not removed it since) but somehow it’s only got the recent vote from Snowy now. I will try and trace the mistake and correct it for next week but not sure how to work it out yet!

7 Likes

Thanks for the update and the time you have spent on it. I find it very interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

The top three, although undeniably popular from day one, have all received recent updates showing maybe that continued support from devs has a beneficial effect on not only keeping the product relevant but that it is possibly also a key factor in driving future sales. Older products, it would seem, need not necessarily disappear from ‘favorites’ lists if they are still kept updated and even improved.

I wonder if the Milviz 310 will go to number one spot after its first SP update incoming soon?

Old list

1 C414 (it just drips with attention to detail and has soul. Love it)
2 AS CRJ. (immersion level in VR when that HUD comes down is great)
3 C337. (best Carenado twin by a distance (imo).
4 AS Twin Otter (brilliant in VR. Be more brilliant when the sounds get tweaked).
5 SWS Kodiak. (how can you not love it when it’s as well done as this? Again, you can smell the developers commitment a mile off.

New list (based on what I’m flying at the mo)

1 PMDG 737 (for pure immersion and performance in VR) what a thing.
2= Milviz 310 (can’t split this from

)
2= C414 (latest updates bought passengers. Nuff said).
4 Kodiak (When only big tyres and some STOL will do)
5 Hjet (always a sucker for a VLJ and this is a good un)

2 Likes

The Kodiak is interesting because the Twotter was supposed to release at around the same time if I recall. I was really hyped to fly the Twin Otter during the holidays and ended up picking the Kodiak as a bit of a consolation prize more or less. I do suspect a majority of its success was due to when Aerosoft pushed the Twotter into the new year. That said, the Kodiak turned out to be a way better plane overall when all was said and done and the Twotter just sits in the hangar. I may have flown it a week at most. I’m still flying the Kodiak regularly to this day.

1 Like

No worries fellas it’s fun for me too.

It’s got a lot to catch up! Probably need an extra 100 pts to get to number 1 if Kodi is still getting votes too in the mean time and after. Seems pretty cemented there but will be interesting to see how it develops.

2 Likes

Fair point.

You’ve convinced me not to bet all my worldly possessions on it ! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

You also have the Floatiak on the horizon. will that count as the same aircraft ?