Your TOP Airport Addons

Try this:

Not payware!!

EDIT: wait, you mean all 3rd party Freeware AND Payware!? I thought you just meant the Asobo built in ones.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! Sorry for the delay replying but I have added your selection to the master sheet now. Thanks again!

Yeeh. Really love all these different airports. So want this thread to live. So much interesting stuff out there. Especially the freeware stuff with the payware quality.

2 Likes

Yeah, thats great, but is there a 3rd party one too? Im sure I saw a map at one point? Not the marketplace one. LOL

Duxford is still one of my favorite freeware’s. ITS amazing, even better than a lot of payware…. You can really see the love and attention the dev put into it.

4 Likes

Maybe this:

Google link in first post.

Also fs.to has a map visual search here:

1 Like

YES!!! That’s it. :). You’re the best! But so are your other threads. :). I need to go back an update my favorite aircraft again….

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to be of service, Captain :saluting_face:

1 Like

Yes. That one a stunning example of freeware better than a lot of payware. Would love to fly there more often, but love flying in the mointains or along the coast that i dont get there enough.

1 Like

Me too…. I wish the mountains and coatlines were better modeled though.

1 Like

@Zeanuck

Yeah some places dont look good. The vfr north west pack by franceVFR really improves the north western coast of france. Makes it a good area to fly along a otherwise disappointing coast.

The pack offers a mixed bag of bad and mediocre airports. But the improvement for VFR flying with obstacles and marinas, together with the coastal corrections and improvements is really good.

Flown from northern france along the coast to deportivo in spain a couple of times. Where the vfr pack ends there is a long straight coast to spain. From Biaritz/San sebastian the coast is mostly good towards Deportivo in north western spain.

2 Likes

What about the Taburet coastline fixes? I have the UK one and it’s really an improvement.

1 Like

Wondering about the same. Taburet have so much products. Never dared to buy one.

This pack is absolutely awesome for helicopters:

Very richly detailed complete area enhancement. Definitely one of the best I’ve seen. Covers a large area and contains a lot of fun stuff to discover, great addition of realistic rock faces and just so many small things to bring life. Needs a lot of dependencies but you probably have them already for other content!

3 Likes

Proper rock faces along coasts and in the mountains would a long way to inproving immersion in the sim, especially while in VR.

4 Likes

Helmut Schmidt Airport (Hamburg Airport) // EDDH // Germany // Simwings // Payware

Download: https://www.aerosoft.com/de/shop/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-szenerien/msfs-europa/3254/sim-wings-hamburg

Great details and beatuiful textures. As I live in Hamburg, I know the actual airport quite well and whenever I land on 23, looking out the left window always feels like coming home, which should say more than enough :wink:

London Heathrow // EGLL // UK // iniBuilds // payware

Download: https://store.inibuilds.com/products/iniscene-london-heathrow-egll-msfs

I’ve seen the old version (v2) on the computer of a friend of mine and I always loved the amount of detail but I recenty bought the new and updated version (v3) for myself and was once again overwhelmed. IniBuilds have once again nailed this scenery. Apart from well designed groundtextures, terminal buildings, lightings, etc. there are so many small details, which the developers must have put a trumendous amount of love into. For instance the newly updated glass textures for the control tower or the detailed parking lots around the airport

4 Likes

Thank you for those! Do you know if EDDH is available on the in-game marketplace? I see Sim-Wings have 2 airports there but seems like not that one (yet)?

There are to other EDDH versions available in the marketplace. Both are not as good as the Simwing version. Quite strange that the best version of the three that has been available a long time isnt on the marketplace.

You can count my vote on EDDH from Simwings to. It is quite a big airport for my taste, but it is a really good rendition.

4 Likes

Just came across this newly released freeware one of Bordeaux LFBD. Very nice with interior of main terminal and glass. Worth checking out.

4 Likes

Nice new FREE release here folks. By iniBuilds / iniScene. Maasai Mara Safari Pack.

Tons of stuff to explore. A few bush strips but mainly suited to helicopters - all really quite nice. Loads of marked and unmarked helipad spots.

You think you are a good helicopter pilot? Some of these spots are really hard to access! Lucky we can’t actually kill anyone or anything!

…it was messy!! :rofl:

@darshonaut you probably know already but you should check it out for some ideas! :slight_smile:

1 Like