You're too early - Check the store for launch date

After all this time problem free… for some unknown reason, MSFS has decided to take a dump

I am getting this error message…anyone else seen this and know what to do?

I have exactly same problem…only worse now. I have (by mistake) uninstalled MSFS2020 and now can’t reinstall. I have DVD version because of poor WiFi signal and usually take PC to second address to upload updates. Tried this morning and got same blue box you have saved. Had more than 100Gb down load strength, so WiFi not an issue. In Microsoft Store, MSFS says its downloading (what I don’t know) but nothing is happening. Just sitting there doing nothing. And to cap it all, trying to perform clean re-install, get to disc 4 and get error read message…don’t know if it’s disc or DVD player. I’ll try to get screen shot tomorrow…shame as the Sim had been behaving itself wonderfully since I had got over the issue with Autopilot last week. It just never stops. :joy:

Hi @Lash123456,
Is this a Game Pass version or MS Store version?
Make sure that your Windows 10 regions is the same as when you bought MSFS.

The same error message is shown in case your game pass expired. Zendesk request 103939

can someone pleas explain what on earth its going on with this sim now, yesturday works perfectly fine, today i try to start it and i have this message then i am to early, to early for what !!! this sim been realised in 2020,
i attached screen shot.

@wojtaskl If you’re on the gamepass version make sure your gamepass subscription isn’t expiring. Also make sure your Windows time/region settings are correct and up to date (and set to the same region you purchased the sim in) in case it’s out of sync.

works now, the reason didnt work i used monthly direct debit to pay game pass on my old debit card witch expired,
so i just updated ne debit card in microsoft account and the payment been accepted,

i would never know that this is the issue to start the sim :crazy_face:

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

Sim won’t load and I get the message: "We know you really want to get started, but you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date.

Hello @UnheardAmoeba55,
If you are using gamepass, assure your payment details are correct.

1 Like

Checking now. Thanks

Hi all,
Same issue here. Same message when launching MSFS. I have Ultimate game pass. Spent three hours thinking it was a technical issue. MS account clearly showed I had Ultimate subscription valid but xbox profile and xbox app on PC did not show it. Tried everything until I just re purchased Ultimate through the xbox app on the PC and lo and behold all worked again. The time remaining on the current ultimate was just added to the subscription so didn’t purchase two subscriptions.

1 Like

Why should one have to have game pass to run Microsoft Flight Simulator when they have purchased the deluxe edition through the store? I can no longer use this title unless I have game pass which is a con when you’ve already purchased the title. I need a product key to walk around this issue but how do you get one?

You need to purchase the base version, not deluxe or premium.

hello! I also have the same problem but I am on Xbox series x, I bought the disc version of the sim and it worked completely fine but now every time I launch the game the same notification pops out. Can I possibly get any help or advice?

Is your gaming pass active? I believe you’ll need an active gaming pass subscription on consoles for full online functionality. DVD install on PC wouldn’t need this.

I don’t have game pass but I bought the game disc

Could you check your xbox’s date and time are correct (setting them to automatic is best), and that your xbox region is still the same as the one you purchased the sim on.

ok, I will try thanks!

This is freaking unbelievable. I have a Store purchased copy that I have been using for a very long time. Needed to reboot my machine. Afterwards tried to launch MSFS 2020 and got this same message.

Jeez. I give up. Made sure PC time was synced. Did a Settings → Apps → MSFS 2020 → Advanced → Reset. No luck. I never use XBOX PC game app but tried to launch there anyway. Stll no luck.

I have $1000s invested in the game and can’t use it??? And trying to find a solution is next to impossible.

Ok so here we go again. Uninstall/reinstall Upteen GB of download and hours wasted again for who knows why.

1 Like