Zendesk?... are you there?

Does anyone have much luck with zendesk?

Umpteen times I have submitted a support ticket, but never ever get a reply from them.

I am at a show stopper where I need their support… but nothing… maybe write a letter to them?.. would that help?.. Pray?

Sorry, but I am just at my wits end

I have submitted a few tickets as well , as I’m struggling to install.

They just get changed to ‘resolved’ within a few seconds, obviously without anyone actually looking at the ticket.

Looking at other posts, Lots of people have issues, just hope they can resolve it.

1 week in and i still cant get the game to download or run…

They are working on an update for the issue’s you mentioned until then it’s gonna be broke for some.

As for zendesk tickets: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014232420-Zendesk-Bug-Reporting-FAQ

Its horrible… I have always been cool and chilled.

This is not meant to be a witch hunt, but at least some communication would be good.

Just hope it resolves the issues , the sim looks absolutely amazing once it installs and runs.
I get bogged down in the fs-base 0.1.61 to 0.1.80 files.
they download, unpack then download again…

Thing is, it was ok in the alphas…since the beta, the controller issue started. Have tried absolutely everything.

My worry is they wont fix it

Hi everyone.

I’m sorry to hear about your on-going issues. Please note that a ticket marked as ‘solved’ means it has been triaged and moved to their internal bug tracking system.

Ticket Statuses Explained (Bug Reports)

• Open: The bug report has been updated. Typically, this will happen when you send a reply or add additional information to the initial bug report.
  • Awaiting your reply: The ticket is pending review by our team. A bug report will remain pending until it’s updated or marked as solved.
  • Solved: The bug report has been handled. Our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update, but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014232420-Zendesk-Bug-Reporting-FAQ

The developers are aware of on-going issues causing installation, loading issues as well as CTDs (Crash to Desktops). Please view our known issues for a list of some of the known issues, and possible workarounds.

Please see below from this weeks development update:

EXPERIENCING TURBULENCE?

The team is currently working hard to provide a patch update to address issues that have been recently reported. Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update.

In the meantime, to help those of you experiencing issues, we have setup a support page (https://www.flightsimulator.com/known-issues/) with up-to-the-minute updates on issue tracking/investigation, work-arounds, and solutions. Also, check out our new Twitter handle @MSFS_Support for server info and issue reports.

3 Likes

Thanks for chiming in… sorry. My post really isnt to bring negativity… more out of desperation.

I do appreciate all the hard work the devs and yourself put into this :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply , its good to know that the team are working on it…

I’m sure it will be great once resolved.

Its Just so annoying when you’ve spent money on something that isn’t fit for purpose at the moment.

Hope the update resolves the issues.

1 Like

I dont know if I should buy a new controller or wait…

That’s okay. I have been lucky and other than a small glitch during installation, I haven’t had any issues. But I understand your frustration and I hope the developers can solve it for you asap.

Keep an eye out on the official Twitter feeds and the official website:

3 Likes

The challenge is, of course, allocating resources. It’s a gross simplification of what’s going on but I can guarantee you they are in ‘scramble’ mode and communicating to individuals takes away from actually working on the problem. Especially if you want helpful communications–that’s very time consuming for them. IOW, if you could only choose one: would you rather they communicate with you or fix your problem? Obviously both would be wonderful but often not possible… Unless you have a reason to think Zendesk is not functioning, reports issues and trust that they are getting them and working on them!

1 Like

Not all premium downloading.
My problem was solved by using your advice. After 3rd d/l i still had the same problem. Then i noticed that my gamer tag email was different. So I logged into my
second account and wala all planes and scenery d/l. Not sure why it was using my xboxone tag and not my pc.
All is good on my end.
Dont know best place to post this.
Ed Horn

As I’ve tracked ticket numbers for things I’ve submitted, they are currently receiving ~1300 Zendesk tickets every day. So about 1 new ticket every minute day and night, or one every 20 seconds if you condense it down to an 8 hour workday.

As you can imagine, that’s not going to be conducive to replying to every individual ticket.

Beyond that I’m sure a large volume of tickets are some combination of (a) poorly written and not reproducible, and/or (b) not actual bugs but correct functionality. I have to deal with that sometimes at the day job even at the day job with a user base of all engineers :joy:

So my only expectation at the moment is for them to be sifting through the deluge, finding the most commonly recurring and reproducible issues and solving those more on an aggregate level rather than individual.

Hi, I, as yet haven’t purchased. You mention “other than a small glitch during installation, I haven’t had any issues”.
I am just waiting for the game to become more stable before jumping in. The fact that you have had no issues encourages me to go and buy it now.
Are you using a high end system?
Thanks in advance.

My system specs:

• 8700K (Water cooled)
  • 32GB DDR4-2600 (8GB x4)
  • GTX960 4GB DDR5
  • 500GB NVMe M.2 - Dedicated MSFS hard drive
  • 200/100 Mbps connection

I had a slight Xbox related networking connection issue to resolve. After I resolved that I was able to install the release build without any issues. Reading through these forums, some people are still having issues, but I hope we will either get a patch or a timeline on a patch this week

You could look at getting the game on Game Pass for a month if you want to try it out with low risk.

Thanks for reply. I’ll take your advise, re Xbox pass, I should have thought of that earlier, enough people gave mentioned it. I just thought you had to have a Xbox to access it. Cheers.

No problem. Game pass is a fantastic way to try and or play games without much investment.