Zendesk Request #150331 This workaround is required to always have a takeoff logged at uncontrolled airports

Microsoft Store version
Developer Mode OFF

Since September 2020, I have reproduced 100% of the time that at uncontrolled airports such as O69 Petaluma Municipal Airport, if I do not taxi to the runway designated by the sim as the runway for takeoff, I will not get the takeoff logged despite following all of the “Steps to reproduce” listed below with a Cessna 172, Beechcraft, or Diamond DA62X.

If I follow the steps to reproduce and the runway matches whatever the sim has designated as the correct runway for the current conditions, the takeoff will be logged 100% of the time.

If I follow the steps to reproduce and the runway does not match whatever the sim has designated as the correct runway for the current conditions, the takeoff will NOT be logged 100% of the time.

Adding the step of activating the taxi ribbon is the only way to tell for certain what the sim has decided is the correct runway. Use the in-flight top menu bar Flight Assistant - Landing & Tax Guides to set the ribbon on or off.

When the ribbon leads to some other runway than the runway I selected and announced, if I want the takeoff logged I MUST taxi to the sim designated runway first before I continue to taxi to my selected runway 100% of the time. I must do this extra step every time the sim has incorrectly decided that the runway with a tailwind is the correct runway for takeoff and that the opposite end of that runway that has a headwind is not the correct runway for takeoff.

This issue of not logging a takeoff is only encountered at uncontrolled airports. I never have this issue at controlled airports with a tower.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered

1. Confirm that Dev Mode is OFF
  2. Start cold and dark at parking that was selected in the World Map
  3. Start engine(s) and prepare plane to execute a flight plan
  4. ATC dialog: Select runway for takeoff
  5. ATC dialog: Announce taxi
  6. Taxi and hold at the selected runway
  7. Prepare plane for takeoff
  8. ATC dialog: Announce departure
  9. Enter runway and take off

Related topic: