Zlin Savage Cub Fuel Gauge

Microsoft Store version
Developer Mode: No
Brief description of the issue:

Just completed the Manzanar Airport to Madame Airstrip in the Nevada bush trip. Ran out of fuel just as I arrived overhead and carried out a perfectly safe deadstick landing. When I restarted the leg it started with the aircraft gently coming to a stop on the Madame runway and immediately said leg completed !!! 2 questions;

• Why is a deadstick landing a failure - I assume it’s because I ran out of fuel.
  • How are you supposed to tell how much fuel is in the tanks? The sight gauges always show full.

Strangely in the RW I’ve carried out a deadstick landing arriving at an airfield with no issues and didn’t feel it was a failure ! Admittedly it was an engine failure so I guess running out of fuel is classed as bad planning but you can’t plan with broken gauges.

You checked both fuel gauges (left and right wing) and switched between them, or did you just run one tank dry and you’re looking at the other (full) tank’s gauge?

1 Like

Actually I take it back… I tried the cub out separately and realised you can see fuel but had to zoom in a little.