3 Updates, RNAV approaches STILL NOT FIXED

Asobo does NOT read these – so either create a ticket, change your post to Bugs and let people VOTE or just stay disappointed.

Trying to help… but new threads just get pushed to the end and no one from Asobo appears to even read the forum.

1 Like

They said on the last developer Q&A that one of them at least spends an hour or so on the forums.

What you mean is they don’t announce themselves, and with good reason. No one walks into an ambush willingly.

Improvement to G1000/Garmin?

I get a laugh out of people saying “still not fixed”… “STILL”… as if the sim has been out for LONG time or something. LOL

It’s been 7 weeks. Oooh. Wow. That’s like 1000 years for anyone that just doesn’t have anything else to do with their lives, huh? I know, I know… it’s just sooooo horrible!! What could possibly be worse?!? (Trust me on this, DON’T check the news headlines or you might find out that the world does not revolve around FS 2020.) :wink:

Seriously though, most games don’t get 3 significant updates in the first 90 days, let alone the first 7 weeks. If a particular thing hasn’t been fixed yet, well… first off, that should be NO surprise with a simulation this complex in this short space of time, but secondly it tells me quite clearly that the issue probably doesn’t have a simple solution. (Despite anything the devs might say, no solution involving coding is truly “simple” and every change, no matter how small, holds potential negative consequences.)

Patience, man. They’re working on it.

4 Likes

People wouldn’t be so beefed if they were simply, slowly, fixing things that were broken instead of quickly breaking things that weren’t.

4 Likes

I think in another direction,

people can wait without problems with next fixes if actual state of sim is ok. Simply we can fly and bypass that time without problems, like fly without hPa unit implemented, that will solve our fantastic Community. But if after first Patch all start to be worst and unplayable, I can understand that people don’t want wait because are stuck and can’t play absolutely. What is not logical with this opinion? :slight_smile: We can also think that ok, first Patch, first problem that is not ok. Ok, we can wait also but what was happened after another patch? RNAV approaches are very frequented over the world so data must be actual due Airac cycle, this is lets say tons of data that need to be collected and applied to sim.

FSX had its first performance/bug fix patch like 6 months down the road…and FSX is a fairly simple game compared to MSFS.

Just for anyone who thinks Asobo doesn’t care…nah they actually seem to be putting a lot of effort into this.

1 Like

It’s the very least they can do!.. no?! :astonished:

I tried some RNAV approaches last night. KONT 8L GPS Y approach.

Was only able to get the approach to load into the G1000 if I selected it from the World Map and started at a other airport. Starting in a ‘custom’ location on the air didn’t work. Same for the G3000 in the TBM930.

But starting on the ground in Van Nuys I was able to get it loaded and the AP captured the glidescope and flew me down nicely.

If I have some time tonight I’ll try the specific approach the OP was trying to fly.

ifr is more important now

1 Like

I’m just unable to load approaches in the g1000

People,

mandatory - you need set departure and arrival airports in FPL.

I forget saay that this mandatory step is also BIG BUG!

Did you open report in Zendesk for this bug?

@ MrMooreySJ

MANY TIMES!!! :slight_smile:

For first is maybe better read topics (history is mandatory for you) related to this problematic and then post questions. Sim is here for some time already, hope you know that :wink:

1 Like

this drives me crazy also…look at the images, i was arriving to an airport and no matter what i did the approach could not be activated directly, the plane will always try to go around and do some sort of arc or maneuver to then start the approach. and that is not accurate :*(

4 Likes

They did not implemented correct interception logic into the SIM

1 Like

Until ASOBO fixes this, I recommend to install the G1000 mod and see this link to github for several other autopilot models.

One of the fixes seems should be relevant in this case:

Autopilot fixes!

This version fixes what was perhaps the single most loathed behavior of the stock MSFS G1000: its tendency to flip an unwanted U-turn back to the previous waypoint when activating an approach. By careful application of our patented Unsuckotron™ we have managed to fix that. You should no longer find yourself doing a Crazy Ivan when you activate an approach. We also fixed a bug in which reversed the NOSE UP/DN buttons worked in FLC mode; they’ll now behave as a sensible person would expect.

There’s also a G3000 version and