3rd party aircrafts not "on par" with latest physics in FS2020?

I just ordered the Brunner yoke as it seems to create proper actions on their force feed back. I was disappointed as a former GA pilot about how far from reality the yoke refelected what you experience in a real plane. I learned to fly in Germany, EDMJ, Jesenwang and for landing in a strip that is just 480x12 meters landing is specially demanding and feeling the plane on the yoke is key to achieve this.

Yeah, they are off. Thereā€™s bit of leftward tendency without the script, but not as much as in the real thing. The difference in feel is enough to bug me (I have Thrustmaster TPR pedals, so itā€™s not the pedals). With my script, it is better although still not great.

Edit: I should add that before I had good pedals, it didnā€™t bother me so much. Having the good pedals, counterintuitively, made the simā€™s yaw axis flight model seem worse.

1 Like

Not doubting you at all as Iā€™m sure youā€™ve done way more reading into it than I have when going in for spending that much. And what I have read sounds amazing in MSFS, but just wondering how they do it?

I have an MS Sidewinder FFB2 stick and whilst it ā€œworksā€ (with some extra plugin software), itā€™s not really intelligent or dynamically responding to the real movement of the plane. Rather it has some semi-canned responses which as far as I know is simply due to a limitation in MSFS that there are no suitable callbacks that external software can read in order to translate back into accurate force manipulation dynamically.

So how do Brunner manage to do it that it responds to turbulence accurately (for example) and everything else it sounds like it will do?

Having said that, I really do prefer my stick now that Iā€™ve tweaked it as much as I think is achievable. Basically even if itā€™s not real it still feels a lot more interesting than a dead stick. Iā€™m easily pleased though as Iā€™m not a real world pilot :slight_smile:

Enjoy setting up your gadget when it arrives! I look forward to hearing what your impressions are!

My bank account is bracing itself - even though I just got a Honeycomb Alpha from Santa!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t actually mind the pitch and roll axes flight model in MSFS for the C152 and C172 that I like to fly in the game. I have a Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo and the combination of that yoke and trim wheel is decent enough. Itā€™s the yaw axis model (and ground handling) on those aircraft thatā€™s disappointing.

Thanks for responding. You are right Baracus250. One thing is reading and another one is experiencing it. From my researches to the topic it gave me strong enough confidence to buy the Brunner, but of course I will come back and report after the Brunner arrives here and I spend some time playing with it.

1 Like

Great, yes please do :slight_smile:
I suppose this isnā€™t the thread for it so if post in another topic please put a link to it here (Iā€™m ā€œfollowingā€ this topic so Iā€™ll see it). Cheers and have fun!

1 Like

As I am WFH today I fired MSFS up for a quick lunchtime pootle and I was ambushed by the NZ update, then I found the Spitfire update, is it 1.3.2 now? and now Iā€™m back to dying on take off againā€¦ There seemed to be a big change in the rudder and groundhandling.

I forgot to say that since learning her new characteristics, Spitfire is a real beauty again, the was the sound changes when you slide the canopy back in flight is a beautiful touch and you donā€™t have to spin the trim wheel like a Katherine wheel anymore too. If my computer hadnā€™t decided to play up I would have had another two hours in her this week (w/e 24/3/23)